have we lost

Legend

Re: have we lost damn man, my friend like 30 min before the game got over, told me that lets go and play pool why to watch this boring game which is going our way.. but as a crazy cricket fan, i didnt leave.. and kept watchin.. and freakin this bullshit happend... damn it...

Re: have we lost Happens in cricket doesn't it? I'm more disappointed because the Indian team barring bowling is a full strength team while Sri Lanka's bowling lacks their two experienced bowlers in Vaas and Murali. I wonder what would have transpired if these two played for them? Anyways it was a close game and in a close game it usually can go either way. It went Sri Lanka's way because they batted, bowled and fielded better. Nothing less and nothing more.

Re: have we lost

Happens in cricket doesn't it? I'm more disappointed because the Indian team barring bowling is a full strength team while Sri Lanka's bowling lacks their two experienced bowlers in Vaas and Murali. I wonder what would have transpired if these two played for them? Anyways it was a close game and in a close game it usually can go either way. It went Sri Lanka's way because they batted, bowled and fielded better. Nothing less and nothing more.
Ravi, I'd say that the difference in fielding only won SL the game. Otherwise this is not our first choice team in any way. Remember that we didn't have Zaheer and Agarkar. Also a fit Yuvraj will do much better than either Sehwag or Karthik. We should also remember that Sehwag is coming after a month or so. Plus I'm 100% convinced that with Sachin and Sehwag in the team, we do not need Kumble. He is bad. But good that we lost. At least the selectors will know that in these circumstances with this team, India will certainly lose.

Re: have we lost here is what i find strange everyone is talking about sehwag and kumble and some key bowlers missing, not a single person is willing to look at uttapa. The third ODI we play from today is a world cup game. Had WC been 1 yr away i would have been all for him but not now not this late.

Re: have we lost A lot of positives from this game. Great preparation However, we have some tough decisions to make on selection and team make up. 1. We should only play 1 spinner, with kumble dropping to bench, he has not been great success since come back to odi's. 2. Who opens? I would give uthappa rest of series to show worth, he will be in squad. 3. Where should red hot sachin bat? I would say at least 3 with Dravid moving to 4. 4. Should sehwag or yuvraj be in starting line up? Both are unproven in last few months, both need to fire in last few games to show their worth.

Re: have we lost Dinesh kartick at top is a better bet than Robin. Kartick can play a compact game on tricky pitches and hit across line to utilize power play. We can still pick gambhir whatever games he played he scored runs but i would prefer picking a middle order batsman. Yuvraj is still struggling with fitness he is a key player incase he breaks down during world cup there is absolutely no replacement for him. A kaif or VVS. Selectors are gambling with uttapa even when we have 3-4 openers why not gamble with kaif or vvs. I am not saying have them in playing xi keep them as backup for those just in case situation.

A lot of positives from this game. Great preparation However, we have some tough decisions to make on selection and team make up. 1. We should only play 1 spinner, with kumble dropping to bench, he has not been great success since come back to odi's. 2. Who opens? I would give uthappa rest of series to show worth, he will be in squad. 3. Where should red hot sachin bat? I would say at least 3 with Dravid moving to 4. 4. Should sehwag or yuvraj be in starting line up? Both are unproven in last few months, both need to fire in last few games to show their worth.
1. Agree. I'll drop Kumble even off the squad since the squad will be announced tomorrow. I hope selectors give this ample thought because at one stage I had read Dravid saying that Kumble and Harbhajan were certain in final 15. 2.I'll give Uthappa the two matches to prove his worth. 3. Sachin is good anywhere, be it #2,#3,or#4. I'd like Rahul to come down to #5 and Sehwag to go upto #3. 4. Yes. We need them in form before the real WC kicks on, on 23rd March for us.

Re: have we lost We did play well, too many positives to list. We need Yuvraj singh back in the lineup atleast for his once in 6 or 7 match performance. Dravid should not come in at 3. Just doesn't sound right. Send Dhoni in if we have a decent start or in the absence of Yuvraj send KKD in if we lose an early wicket. One thing that worries is me is "Have we already seen the best of uthappa"? The guy is finding easy new ways to get out. :shrug:

Re: have we lost well @ yoda, that guy should be given more chance.. he definally lookz better prospect then sehwag, now by this i mean that sehwag tendz to throw his wicket much easily then uthappa.. and today on the ball which uthappa got out was just beauty from Maharoof.. it was very difficult ball to play and prolly the likes of punter or tendulkar could been out to on such delivery...

Re: have we lost 18 runs off 18 balls with 4 wickets in hand. Figure how they could lose it from then on. Either you credit Sri Lanka bowlers and their fielding or you denounce the India's batting. I like Dhoni quite a lot but what stops him for taking a risk or two early on than trying to produce few sixes in one over in the end? That was a game Sri Lanka won from being nowhere near winning. It will do them world of good for the upcoming WC. India have lost couple of close games and they looked to panic when chasing whether you like it or not. It is not an individual to be blamed but the team collectively failed.

18 runs off 18 balls with 4 wickets in hand. Figure how they could lose it from then on. Either you credit Sri Lanka bowlers and their fielding or you denounce the India's batting. I like Dhoni quite a lot but what stops him for taking a risk or two early on than trying to produce few sixes in one over in the end? That was a game Sri Lanka won from being nowhere near winning. It will do them world of good for the upcoming WC. India have lost couple of close games and they looked to panic when chasing whether you like it or not. It is not an individual to be blamed but the team collectively failed.
i wouldnt blame him for this inning... because I blamed him when he went for suicide shots and not valuing his wicket in the past.. in this scenario, i would say blame tailenders.. they should have gone for risky shots to get few more runs by edging couple of balls to boundaries .. dhoni's wicket was the key.. he played sensible and lanka bowled well at the end.. i didnt watch the game, but based on what people said.. he could have played few less dot balls.. but definitely not risky shots at early stage..

Re: have we lost I'm not blaming but just hinting he should have played his natural game. Many a times when these cricketers fear a loss they change their game plan. When that happens it becomes anyone's game. What I liked about Tendulkar's batting was he played his natural game. He could have buckled down and picked up singles instead but he played his natural game hence prevailed. Dhoni didn't bat badly but he played an indifferent game for sure.