Combined Indo Pak All Time ODI Team

Just for fun, since the group is dull today! So, here's my dream Indo-Pak combined ODI team... Mind you, I am going without stats right now. And I am considering players who I have seen. Here's my list -

Sachin

Viru

Kohli

Saeed Anwar

Yuvraj

Dhoni

Wasim Akram

Kumble

Saqlain Mushtaq

Waqar

Shoaib

12th and 13th  players-

Kapil Ddev

Imran Khan

The reason why Kapil and Imran dont make it to the team is because the batting and bowling is so strong, we dont need outdated players. More importantly, Imran was too slow as a batsman to be accomodated in the present ODI scenario, Kapil has a strong chance of replacing Yuvi or Saeed.

I do believe this has to be almost the best combined team ever for ODI.

Please share your teams and your thoughts!

26 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Your choice of Dhawan is intriguing! and I am also intrigued by Miandad in the team. Clearly you rate Miandad above Saeed. I kind of dont rate miandad much

Dhawan is a big match player in ODIs who performs in the ICC tournaments. Plus he is a high average, good SR batter and can start scoring from the start.

Anwar was an opener and I was searching for a middle-order batter  ..... Miandad was a good batter who performed in crunch situations.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Miandad over Inzi?

And Azhar over both of them. Scored at a faster rate, was one of the best and earliest subcontinental guy to be good at 'rotating strikes and stealing singles' and still one of the best all-round fielders from the Indian subcontinent ( i rate Azhar's fielding higher than Virat's - not as flashy with ground fielding, but an amazing chaser of the ball and way, way safer hands than Virat anywhere in the field). 

3 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Arjun Tendulkar

Saeed Anwar

Sachin Tendulkar

Inzimam Ul Haq

Virat Kohli

MS Dhoni

Abdul Razzaq

Shahid Afridi

Wasim Akram

Waqar Younis

Saqlain Mushtaq

Anyone who puts Inzy in an all-time ODI anything - including Pakistan team, does not know a thing about ODI cricket. Inzy was not good enough batsman to make up for routinely running himself and his partners out and costing the team 15-20 runs in the field due to his glacial fielding. 

Inzy was shielded a lot in his ODI career, because he has safe hands and manned the slips in the 90s, as in the 90s, you could get away with a permanent 1st slip in ODIs. If it were modern ODIs/teams with lesser bowlers (thus making 1st slip redundant), Inzy might've been dropped at his prime in ODIs.

Also, Afridi has no business being in an alltime ODI and Razzaq over Kapil show just one thing - you don't understand ODI cricket/never saw Kapil in the format. Kapil is one of the strongest contenders for #7 slot in ALLTIME WORLD ODI XI. Why ? because was the perfect #7 - capable of playing responsible knocks but good for a run-a-ball 20-25 runs, extremely economical fast-medium bowler ( ideal ODI candidate for 1st change bowler) and an exemplary ground-fielder.

#7 in ODI is a spot that you want a bowling all-rounder to fill, preferably one who can bash quick runs. Nobody fits the template from the subcontinent better than Kapil.

Add to the fact that he was a good tactician in ODIs, an easy-going leader to follow and exemplary ground-fielder, it makes Kapil a lock for the ODI team.

10 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Sachin

Saurav

Virat

Miandad

Zaheer Abbas

Dhoni

Kapil

Afridi  // bottle top Khan  discarded.Afridi was a great one day leg spin  all rounder 

Akram //both Akram & Waqar despite aided by some levels of tampering are still good enough than any other choices.

Waqar

Saqlain

reserves : Sehwag,Yuvraj,Imran,Dravid

Zaheer Abbas over Yuvi? Its a little harsh. I am not even sure if Zaheer can withstand the kind of cricket we play today.

10 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Arjun Tendulkar

Saeed Anwar

Sachin Tendulkar

Inzimam Ul Haq

Virat Kohli

MS Dhoni

Abdul Razzaq

Shahid Afridi

Wasim Akram

Waqar Younis

Saqlain Mushtaq

Arjun Tendulkar? Btw, he is a fast bower. And I think he will grow up to be a truly genuine fast bowler.

Razaq over Kapil and Imran? Not possible. Inzi? His runouts and poor fielding are too costly for any team.

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Zaheer Abbas over Yuvi? Its a little harsh. I am not even sure if Zaheer can withstand the kind of cricket we play today.

Zaheer was the only player from those difficult  80s whose  one day record stood in comparison with Viv.And he played test matches too unlike Yuvraj.