Sign in to follow this  
Rightarmfast

Combined Indo Pak All Time ODI Team

Just for fun, since the group is dull today! So, here's my dream Indo-Pak combined ODI team... Mind you, I am going without stats right now. And I am considering players who I have seen. Here's my list -

Sachin

Viru

Kohli

Saeed Anwar

Yuvraj

Dhoni

Wasim Akram

Kumble

Saqlain Mushtaq

Waqar

Shoaib

12th and 13th  players-

Kapil Ddev

Imran Khan

The reason why Kapil and Imran dont make it to the team is because the batting and bowling is so strong, we dont need outdated players. More importantly, Imran was too slow as a batsman to be accomodated in the present ODI scenario, Kapil has a strong chance of replacing Yuvi or Saeed.

I do believe this has to be almost the best combined team ever for ODI.

Please share your teams and your thoughts!

26 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Your choice of Dhawan is intriguing! and I am also intrigued by Miandad in the team. Clearly you rate Miandad above Saeed. I kind of dont rate miandad much

Dhawan is a big match player in ODIs who performs in the ICC tournaments. Plus he is a high average, good SR batter and can start scoring from the start.

Anwar was an opener and I was searching for a middle-order batter  ..... Miandad was a good batter who performed in crunch situations.

41 minutes ago, kira said:

Tendulkar

Sehwag/Ganguly

Kohli

Yuvi

Dhoni (c)

Raina

Kapil

Saqlain

Wasim

Akhtar

Srinath

I like Srinath in there, because his ODI stats were phenomenal. During 90's I think, he was the 3rd or the 4th highest wicket taker.. But over Waqar? 

31 minutes ago, maniac said:

Miandad over Inzi?

Ill also think before picking  Inzy,

Inzy batting among gr8 runners like Kohli n dhoni is a scary idea for both ends  while running between wkts . Sachin use to get annoyed with ganguly so many times for same reason imagine him with inzy 

Sachin

Saurav

Virat

Miandad

Zaheer Abbas

Dhoni

Kapil

Afridi  // bottle top Khan  discarded.Afridi was a great one day leg spin  all rounder 

Akram //both Akram & Waqar despite aided by some levels of tampering are still good enough than any other choices.

Waqar

Saqlain

reserves : Sehwag,Yuvraj,Imran,Dravid

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Miandad over Inzi?

And Azhar over both of them. Scored at a faster rate, was one of the best and earliest subcontinental guy to be good at 'rotating strikes and stealing singles' and still one of the best all-round fielders from the Indian subcontinent ( i rate Azhar's fielding higher than Virat's - not as flashy with ground fielding, but an amazing chaser of the ball and way, way safer hands than Virat anywhere in the field). 

3 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Arjun Tendulkar

Saeed Anwar

Sachin Tendulkar

Inzimam Ul Haq

Virat Kohli

MS Dhoni

Abdul Razzaq

Shahid Afridi

Wasim Akram

Waqar Younis

Saqlain Mushtaq

Anyone who puts Inzy in an all-time ODI anything - including Pakistan team, does not know a thing about ODI cricket. Inzy was not good enough batsman to make up for routinely running himself and his partners out and costing the team 15-20 runs in the field due to his glacial fielding. 

Inzy was shielded a lot in his ODI career, because he has safe hands and manned the slips in the 90s, as in the 90s, you could get away with a permanent 1st slip in ODIs. If it were modern ODIs/teams with lesser bowlers (thus making 1st slip redundant), Inzy might've been dropped at his prime in ODIs.

Also, Afridi has no business being in an alltime ODI and Razzaq over Kapil show just one thing - you don't understand ODI cricket/never saw Kapil in the format. Kapil is one of the strongest contenders for #7 slot in ALLTIME WORLD ODI XI. Why ? because was the perfect #7 - capable of playing responsible knocks but good for a run-a-ball 20-25 runs, extremely economical fast-medium bowler ( ideal ODI candidate for 1st change bowler) and an exemplary ground-fielder.

#7 in ODI is a spot that you want a bowling all-rounder to fill, preferably one who can bash quick runs. Nobody fits the template from the subcontinent better than Kapil.

Add to the fact that he was a good tactician in ODIs, an easy-going leader to follow and exemplary ground-fielder, it makes Kapil a lock for the ODI team.

10 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Sachin

Saurav

Virat

Miandad

Zaheer Abbas

Dhoni

Kapil

Afridi  // bottle top Khan  discarded.Afridi was a great one day leg spin  all rounder 

Akram //both Akram & Waqar despite aided by some levels of tampering are still good enough than any other choices.

Waqar

Saqlain

reserves : Sehwag,Yuvraj,Imran,Dravid

Zaheer Abbas over Yuvi? Its a little harsh. I am not even sure if Zaheer can withstand the kind of cricket we play today.

10 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Arjun Tendulkar

Saeed Anwar

Sachin Tendulkar

Inzimam Ul Haq

Virat Kohli

MS Dhoni

Abdul Razzaq

Shahid Afridi

Wasim Akram

Waqar Younis

Saqlain Mushtaq

Arjun Tendulkar? Btw, he is a fast bower. And I think he will grow up to be a truly genuine fast bowler.

Razaq over Kapil and Imran? Not possible. Inzi? His runouts and poor fielding are too costly for any team.

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Zaheer Abbas over Yuvi? Its a little harsh. I am not even sure if Zaheer can withstand the kind of cricket we play today.

Zaheer was the only player from those difficult  80s whose  one day record stood in comparison with Viv.And he played test matches too unlike Yuvraj.

In subcontinet

Sachin

Sehwag / Anwar (will go for sehwag coz he gives me the bowling and that x-factor in batting)

Kohli 

Yuvi

Dhoni (captain)

Imran 

Kapil 

Afridi/ajmal (if ajmal is allowed why not have the chucking advantage )

Saqlain 

Wasim 

Waqar

12th man- razzaq 

In overseas

Ill just add Miandad instead of afridi and stregthen the batting .

While selecting an ODI 11, i keep fielding, running between wkts, utility , x-factor, team combination all in mind incase people say why didnt i pick player over

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Always wanted to see a partnership between ganguly n Inzy..........coz of their running between the wkts 

I thought inzi made up with his batting more than he used to cost in the field. 

Also im a firm believer than Inzi wasn't as slow a runner as he was made out to be. He was more of a poor judge of runs which used to result in runouts

Edited by OpeningBatsman

8 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Arjun Tendulkar? Btw, he is a fast bower. And I think he will grow up to be a truly genuine fast bowler.

Razaq over Kapil and Imran? Not possible. Inzi? His runouts and poor fielding are too costly for any team.

Arjun Tendulkar has the blood of the run machine. He is the only cricketer who can emulate the gods of cricket. I wanna put him in my eleven now because he is the chosen one to take forward the legacy of his father. Who ruled Indian cricket for many years. Scoring runs like he is selling ladoo. Making everyone happy.

Razzaq was a terrifying batsmen also a very fine bowler. At his prime he had a talent of a Rhino. He could destroy any team. Kapil and Imran have there own shine. However my eleven is over my favorites and not on who is the best.

Inzi is picked because in my eyes this dude was a mighty entertainer. When he got going he would whack them so hard that it would break the trees.  His giant structure with his easy on the eye batting made him a charmer. The cornered Grizzly bear!

We need to do these all time teams with rules..like minimum of 5 from each country, to make it interesting

Anyway here's my effort-

Tendulkar, Anwar, Kohli, Mo Yousuf, MSD, Yuvraj, Kapil, Wasim, Kumble, Waqar, Saqlain

thats it one reason to ignore someone keeping against spinners, batting, captaincy, running btw wkts, match winning abilities 

1. Mongia too was good in keeping spinners, is much better in keeping hostile pace of shoaib,wasim, srinath
2. When u have sachin, kohli, Anwar, inzi and sehwagh as top 5 don't think dhonis batting will be needed that much
3. Captaincy?? No chance, kohli or inzi will be my captain, Lol dhoni would have immediately dropped shoib, srinath and played some dodda ganesh or ata-ur- rehman or any other random trundler over them.
4. Filled with enough match winners

48 minutes ago, speedheat said:

2. When u have sachin, kohli, Anwar, inzi and sehwagh as top 5 don't think dhonis batting will be needed that much

Thats quite a lot of over confidence specially with sehwag as he was an underachiever in Odi cricket and quite inconsistent . 

Even if i take indian batting with sachin sehwag and kohli during their look at the number of times dhoni was needed 

3. Captaincy?? No chance, kohli or inzi will be my captain, Lol dhoni would have immediately dropped shoib, srinath and played some dodda ganesh or ata-ur- rehman or any other random trundler over them.

Yea what vinay kumar and sreenath arvind did play 2015 wc ahead of Umesh n shami 

Why dhoni played Umesh n Shami, umesh is inconsistent how much did kohli persist with him

Kohli hasnt been a gr8 Odi captain either, inzy wasnt also that gr8 

4. Filled with enough match winners

Wahh kya logic ...... enough match winners wait 

8 hours ago, speedheat said:

Sehwagh 
Anwar
Kohli
Sachin
Inzi
Mongia
Razaq
Kumble
Wasim
Srinath
Akhtar

Thats ur team lets find weaknessses

• Liabilities in field- Inzy, anwar, kumble, akthar , razzaq , srinath . 

Sehwag and sachin avg and some days good 

The only good fielder kohli 

Very poor fielding side 

• UR making world best odi batsman sachin abt out of his comfort position reducing his effectiveness
  • Mongia- Expect every all time 11 to have a better keeper batsman . Even Zimb will have andy flower and Bang mushfiqur 
  • Not gr8 captains, ganguly was a better choice .

Thats quite not a gr8 odi side with all the resources avl......Overseas XI will kill this side in fielding most days only 

Thats ur team lets find weaknessses

• Liabilities in field- Inzy, anwar, kumble, akthar , razzaq , srinath . 
Sehwag and sachin avg and some days good 

The only good fielder kohli 

Very poor fielding side 

• UR making world best odi batsman sachin abt out of his comfort position reducing his effectiveness
  • Mongia- Expect every all time 11 to have a better keeper batsman . Even Zimb will have andy flower and Bang mushfiqur 
  • Not gr8 captains, ganguly was a better choice .

Thats quite not a gr8 odi side with all the resources avl......Overseas XI will kill this side in fielding most days only 

1. This is indo-pak combined 11 not any "lallo" 11, overconfident to banta hai boss, so you are calling sehwagh am underachiever, for what ??? for giving India the blitzkrieg start that we only can now dream of?? For putting team ahead of personal milestones?? Whaa bhai agar aisa hai to hai wo underachiever.

I won't sacrifice mongias WK against pace for dhoni, sorry.

2. If you remember, dhoni played half fit trundler bhuvi, binny and Vinay Kumar ahead of umesh and shami in that trination cup vs eng and aus just before WC 2015 , clearly it was shastri and kohli who forced dhoni to play umesh and shami, end results, umesh was the highest wicket taker for india in that WC.

How can you conclude kohli to be an average odi captain with only 1.5 years to his captaincy reigns?? Unlike your Mr. Lucky dhoni saaahab , kohli don't have luxury of the world class batting units of 2007wc and 2011 wc, there are just to many weak points in this current odi batting line up.

3. bhai I will take the weak fielding over Dhoni's nepotism, favouritism and politics.

One more thing: kohli is not persisting with umesh coz we have better options now, our pace bowling stock is all time high, we have rejuvenated bhuvi, quality of bumrah, hell even allrounder pandya is better then all the trundlers played by dhoni, then we have shami so umesh becomes our 3rd or 4 th choice seamer.

Why is it that very few seem to be selecting Waqar in the all time team? Even the Pakistanis dont want him in their team? Surprising! I always felt that it the inception of Waqar Younis to the artillery that Wasim became lethal. He got the perfect foil!

Sachin

Saed anwar

V kohli

Inzmam-Ul huq
Javed Miandad
M s dhoni
Kapil dev

Imran Khan

Wasim akram

Saqlain mushtaq

Anil Kumble

*All players to be judged when they were in there prime

Historically, the three strongest ODI outfits have been Australia, India and West Indies. I'd like to include South Africa but their WC record sullies the otherwise fine record. Combined XI from the three strongest ODI teams to ever play the game.

Sachin

Rohit Sharma

Viv Richards

Virat Kohli

Brian Lara

Garry Sobers

Dhoni

Kapil Dev

Shane Warne

Glenn McGrath

Joel Garner

12th man: Ponting

Sobers probably the controversial pick since he only played 1 ODI but his list A record tells us he'd be hard to omit.

1 minute ago, PSB_Zone said:

Even journeymen players have a great record in their so-called prime years. So you could choose Harbhajan at his prime over Warne or Shikhar over Sachin without any difference in result. Best to take a comprehensive view of their entire career.

4 hours ago, speedheat said:

1. This is indo-pak combined 11 not any "lallo" 11, overconfident to banta hai boss, so you are calling sehwagh am underachiever, for what ??? for giving India the blitzkrieg start that we only can now dream of?? For putting team ahead of personal milestones?? Whaa bhai agar aisa hai to hai wo underachiever.

Read carefully i have mentioned an underachiever in ODi 

Ask anyone he was an underachiever in Odi, could have done a lot better . Ganguly on record has said he didnt do that well as he has ability. 

HE was a test gr8 but in Odi's ill say good to above avg thats it 

I won't sacrifice mongias WK against pace for dhoni, sorry.

Atleast go for kirmani then why to have a fixer 

2. If you remember, dhoni played half fit trundler bhuvi, binny and Vinay Kumar ahead of umesh and shami in that trination cup vs eng and aus just before WC 2015 , clearly it was shastri and kohli who forced dhoni to play umesh and shami, end results, umesh was the highest wicket taker for india in that WC.

Errr total wrong 

Binny was equally backed by kohli .....he has been picked RCB what more does it say 

Ravi shastri on record has said he is the best all rounder we have back then 

And btw if u wud remeber , binny almost won a game in Perth against Eng . 

Dhoni wasnt a good captain of pace bowling but doesnt mean kuch bhi bologe that he gave so much backing to vinay binny. 

Bhuvi was our one of the best odi bowler and we didnt have the bench strength of thampi, bumrah , siraj at that time . We had ishant, aaron , vinay, dinda, dhawal, unadkat on benches back then. 

I knw umesh was the highest wkt taker still he is avg odi bowler 

How can you conclude kohli to be an average odi captain with only 1.5 years to his captaincy reigns?? Unlike your Mr. Lucky dhoni saaahab , kohli don't have luxury of the world class batting units of 2007wc and 2011 wc, there are just to many weak points in this current odi batting line up.

I was one among who wanted kohli as captain post 2015 and like me many here have discovered he is a better test captain rather LOI. He doesnt have the same grip in odi 

Lucky what luck.....dhoni won with more or less same team in 2013 Ct infact that team didnt had bumrah, pandya, shami n upgraded version of bhuvi. That team was unbetable . Talk about luck. 

This odi team isnt even selecting the best XI forget week point and captain takes a huge blame for wrong selections

3. bhai I will take the weak fielding over Dhoni's nepotism, favouritism and politics.

What nepotism???

What favouritism????? every captain has had his fav.....doesnt kohli has his fav u want me to get into detail regd that 

What politics?????

One more thing: kohli is not persisting with umesh coz we have better options now, our pace bowling stock is all time high, we have rejuvenated bhuvi, quality of bumrah, hell even allrounder pandya is better then all the trundlers played by dhoni, then we have shami so umesh becomes our 3rd or 4 th choice seamer.

Agreed, But every captain will lack somewere.....that doesnt mean u demean someone career work . Dhoni has been one of the best ODI captains of all time and will walk in most world XI as captain wk

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

I like it .... it will be the all-time Indian ODI team with either Stokes or Flintoff  and maybe an English seamer.    : )

Would love to See a line up of kohli, pietersen, yuvraj, dhoni

3 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

Sachin

Saed anwar

V kohli

Inzmam-Ul huq
Javed Miandad
M s dhoni
Kapil dev

Imran Khan

Wasim akram

Saqlain mushtaq

Anil Kumble

If players are judged in their prime how can u miss yuvraj singh, one of the biggest match winners. 

3 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

Sachin

Saed anwar

V kohli

Inzmam-Ul huq
Javed Miandad
M s dhoni
Kapil dev

Imran Khan

Wasim akram

Saqlain mushtaq

Anil Kumble

The most phateechar team on this thread. Bottle topper khan in the team and 3 phateechar Pakistani batsmen in top 5, what the hell were you thinking?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.