Cricketics

Happy B’day to the World Cup 2011 Hero Gambhir

Before IPL 2011 and delaying surgery:

match wining knock vs Pak 2007 t20 final 

series saving test knock vs NZ in NZ 2009 to allow India rare overseas win 

match winning knock in 2011 WC final 

great double ton vs Aus in 2009 test series 

one one of the saddest declines Indian cricket has ever seen 

Probably the biggest reason why I support KKR even though I have nothing to do with Bengal. 

The most underrated guy India has produced in last 25 years. Wish he could come back to indian team again. I would pick Gambhir over Rahane any day in ODIs and t20s  and over Murli Vijay in tests. 

1 hour ago, rahulrulezz said:

Probably the biggest reason why I support KKR even though I have nothing to do with Bengal. 

The most underrated guy India has produced in last 25 years. Wish he could come back to indian team again. I would pick Gambhir over Rahane any day in ODIs and t20s  and over Murli Vijay in tests. 

You are kidding right? Gambhir was a great player but Vijay is one of our most successful overseas opener in tests in recent times....so you even watch test cricket? Agree on the Rahane part but that's only a Gambhir in prime vs Rahane in prime comparison...no need to go back to recycle players.

Let is just celebrate the memories Gambhir has provided in his career.

Edited by maniac

15 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

The most underrated guy India has produced in last 25 years. Wish he could come back to indian team again. I would pick Gambhir over Rahane any day in ODIs and t20s  and over Murli Vijay in tests

You do realize that Vijay has the best record in Aus/Eng/SA combo by an Indian opening batsman after Gavaskar (Sunny didn't play in SA, still my point stands). Even at their peaks Viru and Gambo were never as good as MV in tough overseas conditions. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.