India U-19 squad for Asia Cup 2017

tweaker

The All-India Junior Selection Committee announced a 14-man India U-19 squad for the upcoming Asia Cup, set to be held in November this year.

Himanshu Rana has been named captain, while Abhishek Sharma has been handed the deputy's role.

Squad :

Himanshu Rana (Captain), Abhishek Sharma (vice-captain), Atharva Taide, Manjot Kalra, Salman Khan, Anuj Rawat, Harvik Desai, Riyan Parag, Anukul Roy, Shiva Singh, Tanush Kotian, Darshan Nalkande, Vivekanand Tiwary, Aditya Thakare, Mandeep Singh.

Just now, Nate said:

Because  his recent two failure vs Level B bowling ( out in single digit) was prime reasons for his exit.

i liked the Way BCCI selects some player but No Kamlesh really strange me 

That's not the reason. Shaw, Nagarkoti, mavi, chahar, shubhman are shoe in for next u19 wc and they will be playing higher grade cricket.

16 minutes ago, Nate said:

Above team will not reach Quaterfinal of Asia cup, asia cup not schedule in India was the prime reasons 6 player got lucky to get selected but I do not think with long run those new comers has any potential to come out good.

which mandeep is above.? Is he under 19? Can anyone tells me who will be Number 4 and number 5 from above team?

Mandeep Singh is a fast bowler from punjab.

From above manjot and rana opener. Harvik desai at 3, abhishek sharma 4, salman and riyan 5 and 6. Anukul 7.

Edited by rkt.india
8 minutes ago, Nate said:

So Kamlesh/ Mavi/pant/Shaw / Gill over the age to qualify for 19 game but Shaw is only 18 I think.is he for Mumbai ranji trophy now?

Think Arjun T missed selection 

No, they are not over the age for U19. Pant played last U19 and he is 20 now. Kamlesh, Mavi, Shaw, Chahar, Gill they will play WC next year. They are trying some new players for Asia cup and letting these youngster playing higher grade cricekt like u23 and Ranji trophy. Both Gill and Saw have been picked for Ranji teams.

2 minutes ago, Nate said:

Who is Riyan ? Yes batting looks good on paper, I wish good luck to Indian team 

Riyan might good user name for Australian and Southafrica cricket forum right? 

rkt.india.?

how old are mohd Siraj ?

Riyan is a 15 year old batsman form Assam. Mohd Siraj is 22.

The BCCI's junior selection committee led by former India pacer Venkatesh Prasad yesterday decided to leave teenage bating sensation Prithvi Shaw out of the U-19 Asia Cup squad scheduled to be held in Malaysia next month for an extended run in the ongoing Ranji Trophy.