KL Rahul must play as opner in LOI

sergio04

I dont see this happening anytime soon , Dhawan and Rohit have cemented their place in the side and Rahane will not be moved for another 12 months . He will have to wait a while to get even limited opportunities . 

I think he should start playing down the order in domestic and be ready if any opportunities arise in the middle order . Thats his best chance of getting into the team 

21 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

No it's not obvious because his performance and stats say otherwise.

If anything he is India's best batsman in helpful conditions for pace bowlers.

Helpful conditions dosent necessarily mean only swing . Rohit is better than anyone in the team when there is bounce and every one else is better than him when there is swing/seam on offer . That innings he played in SA against Steyn ranks as one of the most embarrassing knocks by an Indian top order batsmen .

All said , I wudnt worry too much about conditions in ODI's . You hardly play 1-2 matches in a year on such pitches , so its of little relevance .

Helpful conditions dosent necessarily mean only swing . Rohit is better than anyone in the team when there is bounce and every one else is better than him when there is swing/seam on offer . That innings he played in SA against Steyn ranks as one of the most embarrassing knocks by an Indian top order batsmen .

All said , I wudnt worry too much about conditions in ODI's . You hardly play 1-2 matches in a year on such pitches , so its of little relevance .
Don't confuse test and ODIs .

Rohit was the MOS in West Indies tri series ,when there was plenty of swing on offer for ex.Rohit is excellent at seeing of the new ball whenever there is some assistance on offer for bowlers .Has done it plenty of times ,that's one major reason his record as opener is phenomenal.
40 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Rohit was the MOS in West Indies tri series ,when there was plenty of swing on offer for ex.Rohit is excellent at seeing of the new ball whenever there is some assistance on offer for bowlers .Has done it plenty of times ,that's one major reason his record as opener is phenomenal.

Not confusing formats , but like I said in ODI's even a helpful pitch lasts barely 4-5 overs so its easy to get away even if you play and miss a few , but that dosent change the fact that he does not have the technique to handle swing/seam . 

7 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

i think his game is a weirdly weak in defense in swinging conditions and somehow his timing improves within an innings by a higher percentage than with other players and he get in line even in swing conditions in ODI as a result. This could be the only reason why he does well in ODI but does not do well in tests.   Very wierd.