Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm Merlyn

Pakistan will play in ICC world leagues only if India honours MoU

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Well an average Pakistani is not a teriost. If you really believe that than Its shows more of your character than anyone elses. I really don't live in that box. 

Trust me you guys are not the only country with money in this world so please stop acting like it. Also your view of us as terriosts is totally your own thinking. I don't view Indians in a bad light. Nor do I like this generalism. Rather your white, black, orange you are people. I don't by into this hatered over labels. 

You want me to get your point when you come up with rubbish like this. I will avoid posters like you.

Well all  black people are thugs is also a horrible racial stereotype but doesn't mean that you will walk without a worry in the world in South Chicago  at midnight

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well all  black people are thugs is also a horrible racial stereotype but doesn't mean that you will walk without a worry in the world in South Chicago  at midnight

You know that fear you have? You might wanna get that checked.

Edited by Shaz1

14 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Well an average Pakistani is not a teriost. If you really believe that than Its shows more of your character than anyone elses. I really don't live in that box. 

That's quite an intentional misreading of what I posted.   Nobody is accusing the average Pakistani of being terrorists.  But the average Pakistani does support a society, and a legal and government system that openly provides comfort and security to terrorists and murderers, many of whom are designated as criminal terrorists by the UN.   

Why is that Masood Azhar, Hafiz Saeed and their organizations get so much public support - in terms of manpower and money, within Pakistan's borders?  Why are they openly allowed to continue their business of "non-state actors", not just by the feckless Pakistani government, or the PakMil with blood on their hands, but also by the general public which provides bulk of their support, not to mention soceital approval of their shenanigans?    

And look at yourself, out here, shamelessly playing the victim card instead of having the balls to call a spade a spade.  I will not shirk in accepting that the recent actions of some Indians in India - with the beef ban etc have been shameful and criminal.   Why are Pakistanis so shameless in not just tolerating, but condoning and supporting the violent actions of some of their countrymen?  

15 hours ago, Lala2790 said:

Pakistan have held many tournaments recently with no incident.  How much longer should they be punished.....

You're thinking is that the world will never change and that second chance are never given and that the Finch incident was 'isolated'.  It could have easily killed him.

Wake up and see that there is little difference

buddy pak and India have a war going on, pak is waging a proxy war on India, its covets indian territory, sends its army irregulars and militia to kill Indians, it holds Indian territory illegally, its has ceded Indian territory held illegally to other country illegally, it has got the said other country to buold roads in this illegally held territory. You should be thankful two countries are still in talking terms.

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That's quite an intentional misreading of what I posted.   Nobody is accusing the average Pakistani of being terrorists.  But the average Pakistani does support a society, and a legal and government system that openly provides comfort and security to terrorists and murderers, many of whom are designated as criminal terrorists by the UN.   

Why is that Masood Azhar, Hafiz Saeed and their organizations get so much public support - in terms of manpower and money, within Pakistan's borders?  Why are they openly allowed to continue their business of "non-state actors", not just by the feckless Pakistani government, or the PakMil with blood on their hands, but also by the general public which provides bulk of their support, not to mention soceital approval of their shenanigans?    

And look at yourself, out here, shamelessly playing the victim card instead of having the balls to call a spade a spade.  I will not shirk in accepting that the recent actions of some Indians in India - with the beef ban etc have been shameful and criminal.   Why are Pakistanis so shameless in not just tolerating, but condoning and supporting the violent actions of some of their countrymen?  

Yo why the heck are you talking about the Pakistani society? Thats a whole different topic to discuss. I already said I am here to discuss cricket and not politics. Let me make one thing clear for you. What ever consparacies or hatered either side has I have zero interest in. So keep these views to yourself Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

buddy pak and India have a war going on, pak is waging a proxy war on India, its covets indian territory, sends its army irregulars and militia to kill Indians, it holds Indian territory illegally, its has ceded Indian territory held illegally to other country illegally, it has got the said other country to buold roads in this illegally held territory. You should be thankful two countries are still in talking terms.

"All that is ok.  Just play cricket with us, so that we can make money from your audience."   Banjo, the shamelessness and nerve of these entitled fools.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Comparing a stone pelting incident which was done probably by a drunk idiot to trained blood thirsty militants who are ready to kill and die in the process :hail: Pakistanis are a true breed.

In Australia there are incidents when streakers run on the ground as well....it is still a security lapse but it is not the same as a suicide bomber running around shouting jalalalalalalalalalalalalala which you associate with Pakistan 

:phehe::phehe::phehe:

1 minute ago, Shaz1 said:

Yo why the heck are you talking about the Pakistani society? Thats a whole different topic to discuss. I already said I am here to discuss cricket and not politics. Let me make one thing clear for you. What ever consparacies or hatered either side has I have zero interest in. So keep these views to yourself Thank you.

Well, the cricket is not being played, thanks to the actions of the Pakistani society.  Take your sad sob story of average Pakistanis missing cricket elsewhere if you don't like the answers being provided to your asinine questions.   

Btw, I have absolutely no "hatred" or conspiracies against Pakistanis.   Its not a popular view, but I feel that Indians and Pakistanis are brothers, and the same damn people.   Regardless of the faith they follow.   

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Comparing a stone pelting incident which was done probably by a drunk idiot to trained blood thirsty militants who are ready to kill and die in the process :hail: Pakistanis are a true breed.

In Australia there are incidents when streakers run on the ground as well....it is still a security lapse but it is not the same as a suicide bomber running around shouting jalalalalalalalalalalalalala which you associate with Pakistan 

38 minutes ago, maniac said:

Froggy on absolute fire in this thread.  :laugh:

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Trust me you guys are not the only country with money in this world so please stop acting like it. Also your view of us as terriosts is totally your own thinking. I don't view Indians in a bad light. Nor do I like this generalism. Rather your white, black, orange you are people. I don't by into this hatered over labels. 

You want me to get your point when you come up with rubbish like this. I will avoid posters like you.

You wont ever get my point because you don't want to see it.Intentional blindness can't be cured.

People in my state suffer everyday due to your Govt's policy of exporting terror ,i have no reason to please you just to prove my point.

Btw stop trying to play the victim ,no one said average pakistani is a terrorist,but then again i dont see average pakistani ever asking to jail the 26/11 perpertrators ,instead thier rallies get tens of  thousands and they are getting millions in donations from average pakistanis.

And these are the questions you can't begin to answer ,so you don't have any option  but to ignore.

Edited by RAZPOR

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yeah provide me with presidential level security,I would love to visit Pak just like the brave srilankans or the PSL players.

Sure let me ask Sethi.

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Well, the cricket is not being played, thanks to the actions of the Pakistani society.  Take your sad sob story of average Pakistanis missing cricket elsewhere if you don't like the answers being provided to your asinine questions.   

Btw, I have absolutely no "hatred" or conspiracies against Pakistanis.   Its not a popular view, but I feel that Indians and Pakistanis are brothers, and the same damn people.   Regardless of the faith they follow.   

I am a firm believer Pakistan is its own enemy. But what you said up there is a bunch of who-ha! Its something I avoid cause its nothing but pointing fingers at one another. And by the way I will do what ever the hell I want. If you disagree with my points thats fine with me but don't go off that personal.

I am hardly getting any debates here worth a read. All are either conspracies or toungue to the cheek humor. Makes it awkward for a outsider. ICF needs improvements on that.

Edited by Shaz1

4 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

ore I respond do you live in India or out of country?

It does not matter. facts are facts. Janakpuri if you want to know.

4 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

None of what you stated has anything to do with cricket. That is all politics and I won't argue over that because I am here to discuss cricket. 

All I see is a emotion filled answer. You may need to reasses yourself before you come and do some real debates.

It has all to do with sporting ties and cricket is part of that. I am not good at debating that is why I just put my point forward. If I debate you I will probabluy lose but we can put forth our points nonetheless.

I honestly spend 5 minutes reasseing after what you said and my argument still stands.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

It does not matter. facts are facts. Janakpuri if you want to know.

It has all to do with sporting ties and cricket is part of that. I am not good at debating that is why I just put my point forward. If I debate you I will probabluy lose but we can put forth our points nonetheless.

I honestly spend 5 minutes reasseing after what you said and my argument still stands.

No worries bro. Good debates come in time. Just gotta keep trying. Its not about being right its about being respectful and professional in how you discuss. 

I was looking for a good debate. Wanted a decent discussion on this topic. Sadly all I got was emotional rants.

8 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I am a firm believer Pakistan is its own enemy. But what you said up there is a bunch of who-ha! Its something I avoid cause its nothing but pointing fingers at one another. And by the way I will do what ever the hell I want. If you disagree with my points thats fine with me but don't go off that personal.

I am hardly getting any debates here worth a read. All are either conspracies or toungue to the cheek humor. Makes it awkward for a outsider. ICF needs improvements on that.

Not sure where I got "personal".  And while I agree that ICF certainly has a lot of improvement in terms of discussion quality, on this particular subject, and in this thread, sorry I have to disagree with you.  You seem to be dismissive of perspectives that don't mirror your own.   Your loss IMO.   

7 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

No worries bro. Good debates come in time. Just gotta keep trying. Its not about being right its about being respectful and professional in how you discuss. 

I was looking for a good debate. Wanted a decent discussion on this topic. Sadly all I got was emotional rants.

You are my brother. We can still have honest arguments like you pointed out as long as we are professionals. Let us do it.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Not sure where I got "personal".  And while I agree that ICF certainly has a lot of improvement in terms of discussion quality, on this particular subject, and in this thread, sorry I have to disagree with you.  You seem to be dismissive of perspectives that don't mirror your own.   Your loss IMO.   

Naw I just pick and choose who I debate with because many people on the internet just waste your time. Anyone who respondes by reading my posts is who I debate with. I have been on forums long enough to find those good debates.

When it comes to India and Pakistan my views are far more different. I don't think hatered of one another is the best defence. Which is why I get dismissive of such thinking. And don't indulge myself in such finger pointing.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

You are my brother. We can still have honest arguments like you pointed out as long as we are professionals. Let us do it.

Anytime man. As long as the discussion is done with good intentions bring it on. I don't mind about being proven wrong. As long as its not done in a unprefessional manner.

4 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Naw I just pick and choose who I debate with because many people on the internet just waste your time. Anyone who respondes by reading my posts is who I debate with. I have been on forums long enough to find those good debates.

When it comes to India and Pakistan my views are far more different. I don't think hatered of one another is the best defence. Which is why I get dismissive of such thinking. And don't indulge myself in such finger pointing.

If you are looking for "good debates" then you need to bring a bit of intellectual honesty to the table.   Agree that hatred is useless.  But pointing out facts, especially those are relevant, even critical to the question and subject at hand, cannot be dismissed as "fingerpointing".    That's just a self-serving attempt at superficially claiming the "high road" while taking the low one in actuality. 

You presented a perspective that claims that Cricket should be played between India & Pakistan.  When presented with opposing opinions, you choose to dismiss them as hatred, instead of arguing against the logic.   And threw out strawman arguments claiming that posters are calling Pakistanis as terrorists - when overwhelming majority, if not all the posts on this thead, simply don't do that. 

That doesn't reflect someone "looking for a good debate", it reflects a close-minded person unable to stomach reality checks from differing perspectives.   Colloquially known as Kuwey ka mendhak in the sub-continent.  I.e. Frog in the well syndrome.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Btw, I have absolutely no "hatred" or conspiracies against Pakistanis.   Its not a popular view, but I feel that Indians and Pakistanis were brothers, and used to be the same damn people.   Regardless of the faith they followed.   

corrected :angel: we have not been the same for a few decades now..

41 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

dude. 

There is an old ( very very old) saying in tamil

mann pon penn evatril samathanam illai.  This translates ( not literal) to when it comes to land,gold and a ladies love there is never compromise. pak wants material possession of India which is land, till the time pak vacates pok and kashmir there is no peace. 

Its naive to think that Ind Pak can magically kiss and makeup, even if boundaries become non existent, or irrelevant like in EU, administration will still have to transfer for Ind and pak to be friends again. So that i think is never going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

corrected :angel: we have not been the same for a few decades now..

Brotherhood of millenia cannot be wiped off just from a few decades of misguided hostility.  80 years is nothing.  Give it another 30-40 years, and things can and will get better between India-Pakistan. I'm an eternal optimist.

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Brotherhood of millenia cannot be wiped off just from a few decades of misguided hostility.  80 years is nothing.  Give it another 30-40 years, and things can and will get better between India-Pakistan. I'm an eternal optimist.

i like your optimism in principle. 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

dude. 

There is an old ( very very old) saying in tamil

mann pon penn evatril samathanam illai.  This translates ( not literal) to when it comes to land,gold and a ladies love there is never compromise. pak wants material possession of India which is land, till the time pak vacates pok and kashmir there is no peace. 

Its naive to think that Ind Pak can magically kiss and makeup, even if boundaries become non existent, or irrelevant like in EU, administration will still have to transfer for Ind and pak to be friends again. So that i think is never going to happen.

What were Pakistan or India 70 years ago?

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Yeah when you spout stupidity like equating stone pelting incident to religious extremism and militancy and other such boneheaded statements what do you expect? Can you point me to the conspiracy theories?

and as far as tounge in cheek humor goes isn't that the best way to respond to idiotic statements?

making sense with your posts would be a start if you want "intellectual debates" even though I wonder what level of intellect that would need.

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yeah when you spout stupidity like equating stone pelting incident to religious extremism and militancy and other such boneheaded statements what do you expect? Can you point me to the conspiracy theories?

and as far as tounge in cheek humor goes isn't that the best way to respond to idiotic statements?

making sense with your posts would be a start if you want "intellectual debates" even though I wonder what level of intellect that would need.

I made my point clear about that what is it you don't understand?

So one randomn dude throwing a stone . Is same as state sponsored Islamic terrorism , with people killing and murdering mass people with guns, bombs and suicide bombs . 

Never seen such stupidity since sohail gave prasad a mouthful after hitting one boundary and next ball getting clean bowled ! It’s the pak dna , lack of brain cells 

5 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Anytime man. As long as the discussion is done with good intentions bring it on. I don't mind about being proven wrong. As long as its not done in a unprefessional manner.

I have very good intentions. 

Point the flaw in my reasoning here. BCCI claims that they need clearance from govt in MOU. Goverment says they will not. Why is PCB upset? I think this is simple.

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

I have very good intentions. 

Point the flaw in my reasoning here. BCCI claims that they need clearance from govt in MOU. Goverment says they will not. Why is PCB upset? I think this is simple.

I actually don't like this obsession with India with our players and board. Would prefer it if we were never so vocal about it. 

14 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I actually don't like this obsession with India with our players and board. Would prefer it if we were never so vocal about it. 

I fully agree with you. The underline reason is the money trasfer that happens. Playing cricket is a side show. They dont demand hockey or kabbadi matches but cricket. The reason is simple it is all about money.

Just now, Khota said:

I fully agree with you. The underline reason is the money trasfer that happens. Playing cricket is a side show. They dont demand hockey or kabbadi matches but cricket. The reason is simple it is all about money.

Yeah money could be a factor. I only care for a series between India as a fan. Now a days even if we lose matches they don't really bug me because cricket is just a game to me. 

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Yeah money could be a factor. I only care for a series between India as a fan. Now a days even if we lose matches they don't really bug me because cricket is just a game to me. 

I have enjoyed Pakistani cricketers but some of the nonsense Miandad spits leaves a bad taste in mouth. I personally am not in favor of any games till the overall situation improves. I think Pakistan is really hurting India by mini cuts. India is bleeding and it is difficult to play. Just my thoughts.

You are more mature than I am. Losing to Pakistan really makes me mad.

Edited by Khota

3 hours ago, Khota said:

I have enjoyed Pakistani cricketers but some of the nonsense Miandad spits leaves a bad taste in mouth. I personally am not in favor of any games till the overall situation improves. I think Pakistan is really hurting India by mini cuts. India is bleeding and it is difficult to play. Just my thoughts.

You are more mature than I am. Losing to Pakistan really makes me mad.

Miandad tries to please the Pakistani crowd. He is not really taken seriously here. He was only good as a cricketer. He has zero charistma as a person. 

Well I think what you said there is a fair assesment. If you personally feel conflicted with the country there is no need for you to enjoy the game between it. I on the other hand prefer to keep politics out of cricket. To me there is some sort of connection with India since my grandparents were born there. I don't like to view it with hatred because I am a firm believer what ever is going on is between the two governments and not the people. 

After watching cricket for 10 years I realized in any game one team will win and another will lose. Even though I want to see Pakistan win every game. When they fall short of victoriies there is always a reason. Which is why losing games does not bother me anymore. I move on quickly.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has enough of a captive population (either in Pakistan or among the expats in US/UK etc) to make themselves profitable. If the PCB administers the game well , there's no reason as to why they can't generate enough revenue from the domestic game in itself. Take SA for instance , even during the apartheid era , their cricket board did make enough money out of the domestic game. I don't think they need to look at matches against India or the players hankering after playing in IPL per se to really make money.

And Pakistan's circumstances are nowhere being close to the embargo which was dumped on the SA government(rightfully).

They should concentrate on focussing their efforts to build the game domestically. PSL for example is a concept that was probably 4 years too late. But they can still focus on making the PSL being the prime T20 competition and giving the domestic games some context.

About the Pakistan domestic scene, A bit of context would definitely help. There are departments etc etc , there are provinces etc etc, and too much of cricket is being played on placid tracks with an idiotic first class structure. 

27 minutes ago, bsriharsha said:

The Pakistan Cricket Board has enough of a captive population (either in Pakistan or among the expats in US/UK etc) to make themselves profitable. If the PCB administers the game well , there's no reason as to why they can't generate enough revenue from the domestic game in itself. Take SA for instance , even during the apartheid era , their cricket board did make enough money out of the domestic game. I don't think they need to look at matches against India or the players hankering after playing in IPL per se to really make money.

And Pakistan's circumstances are nowhere being close to the embargo which was dumped on the SA government(rightfully).

They should concentrate on focussing their efforts to build the game domestically. PSL for example is a concept that was probably 4 years too late. But they can still focus on making the PSL being the prime T20 competition and giving the domestic games some context.

About the Pakistan domestic scene, A bit of context would definitely help. There are departments etc etc , there are provinces etc etc, and too much of cricket is being played on placid tracks with an idiotic first class structure. 

The points you stated here are spot on. Instead of focusing on playing India, Pakistan should focus on making cricket more profitable here. Our domestic cricket needs a complete overhaul. Players in it need to get paid more to get the urge to become better players.

The only thing that should matter to PCB is its own cricket. We need to get cricket back to Pakistan so more fans can see the game who can't go out to see it. It will help our current players more by having the time to spend with there family. Unfortunately due to the current circumstances our players are never able to spend much time in there homes due to the traveling they have to do every year. This will boost there game up even more.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

The points you stated here are spot on. Instead of focusing on playing India, Pakistan should focus on making cricket more profitable here. Our domestic cricket needs a complete overhaul. Players in it need to get paid more to get the urge to become better players.

The only thing that should matter to PCB is its own cricket. We need to get cricket back to Pakistan so more fans can see the game who can't go out to see it. It will help our current players more by having the time to spend with there family. Unfortunately due to the current circumstances our players are never able to spend much time in there homes due to the traveling they have to do every year. This will boost there game up even more.

About getting cricket back to Pakistan , It's not just about getting teams back to playing in Pakistan. That is one factor obviously. PSL plays a part in convincing teams to go for full tours. But PCB can't be paying teams to come. Doesn't work out in the long run. Also Pakistan should avoid playing in UAE. The slow dead placid wickets which break up (due to being baked in the hot sun) after 4 days don't encourage attractive cricket. There is no value for a well timed coverdrive or a fast bowler running in and bowling at 90mph. The pitches neither offer bounce to attract the bowlers nor enable strokemaking. This kills the interest in the game totally.

Apart from their efforts to host a full fledged series in Pakistan , They should be looking at playing in neutral venues like Sri Lanka , South Africa , UK for the time being and maybe UAE in the cooler months of November , December and January where they will be some life in the pitches. Also will enable the Pakistani cricketers some valuable experience of playing in different conditions.

It's also about the A team touring other countries , It's about the U19 team having a series in Australia. When have the Pakistan youth teams gone out for a foreign tour ? How else will the youngsters improve if they aren't facing varied pitches ?

Previous Pakistani players (upto 2000) had the liberty of playing in County teams. Imran Khan in his autobiography(cricketing one) made it clear on the importance playing in the counties had on his cricketing career. The top Pakistani cricketers playing in the counties negated the idiotic first class cricket structure in Pakistan to a large extent. The English Counties are right now not as strong as what they were in the 70's , 80's and 90's. Also the focus of the English Counties has shifted from overseas players to domestic/kolpak players who are eligible to play for England. This has led to lesser numbers of Pakistani players playing in the Counties. And most of the cricketers playing for Pakistan (post 2000) were raw and didn't have the coaching to become the finished articles. 

Edited by bsriharsha
Too much empty space at the end of the article.

5 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Miandad tries to please the Pakistani crowd. He is not really taken seriously here. He was only good as a cricketer. He has zero charistma as a person. 

Well I think what you said there is a fair assesment. If you personally feel conflicted with the country there is no need for you to enjoy the game between it. I on the other hand prefer to keep politics out of cricket. To me there is some sort of connection with India since my grandparents were born there. I don't like to view it with hatred because I am a firm believer what ever is going on is between the two governments and not the people. 

After watching cricket for 10 years I realized in any game one team will win and another will lose. Even though I want to see Pakistan win every game. When they fall short of victoriies there is always a reason. Which is why losing games does not bother me anymore. I move on quickly.

You can always please crowd and be positive at the same time. He spews crap and that is not acceptable. So many pakistani cricketers are loved and adored in India but they are good people too.

I never felt conflicted before but after the radicalization of Pakistan and what you watch on TV I dont see any hope. 

The reason I dont like to lose to Pakistan is because average pakistani brings god in the game and claims that god will help them win. I firmly believe that the god I believe in does not have time for cricket games. there is so much suffering in world that god does not want to be involed in this silly stuff.

Atleast we are talking and that is the most important thing.

With all the negative let me say something positive too. I really gained respect for your judiciary system after they removed Nawaz after Panama stuff. We have Amitabh Bachan who is knee deep and got away.

Why is PCB so fascinated about playing against India. Everyone knows the answer:phehe:. These guys should be ashamed for keeping on begging .If PCB thinks they hold any aces they are sadly mistaken.

PCB again proved they are run by clowns when they keep repeating the empty threats. I sympathize to some extent Pakistani fans but they also seem to be buying in this PCB propaganda of being a victim.

I am sure these Srilankan politicians have been well taken care off , they are subjecting their players to unnecessary danger. SLC should be ashamed for not giving players options.

Edited by putrevus

2 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

Previous Pakistani players (upto 2000) had the liberty of playing in County teams. Imran Khan in his autobiography(cricketing one) made it clear on the importance playing in the counties had on his cricketing career. The top Pakistani cricketers playing in the counties negated the idiotic first class cricket structure in Pakistan to a large extent. The English Counties are right now not as strong as what they were in the 70's , 80's and 90's. Also the focus of the English Counties has shifted from overseas players to domestic/kolpak players who are eligible to play for England. This has led to lesser numbers of Pakistani players playing in the Counties. And most of the cricketers playing for Pakistan (post 2000) were raw and didn't have the coaching to become the finished articles. 

+1.  

Its not just a lack of coaching - its an exposure to high level competitive cricket that provides the fire needed to forge int'l class talent.  This is why Pakistan is down in the dumps struggling for the #6 rank with the likes of SL etc.     The PSL is a step in the right direction, and will help them improve on the LOI front, but the lack of test class batting talent in the Pak squad is a direct result of their shoddy FC cricket.  I think there' s a journalist who tweeted a damning list of issues with domestic cricket, Abbasi something - it was a bunch of serialized tweets, documenting how the PCB has randomly chopped and changed their domestic structure around, year after year, and none of the changes make any sense.  This is not rocket science.  A few minor tweaks could result in Pakistan having a decent FC circuit in a very short amount of time.   But I guess there are a lot of vested interests who wouldn't really allow the needed changes to occur without a fight.  

16 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why is PCB so fascinated about playing against India. Everyone knows the answer:phehe:. These guys should be ashamed for keeping on begging .If PCB thinks they hold any aces they are sadly mistaken.

PCB again proved they are run by clowns when they keep repeating the empty threats. I sympathize to some extent Pakistani fans but they also seem to be buying in this PCB propaganda of being a victim.

I am sure these Srilankan politicians have been well taken care off , they are subjecting their players to unnecessary danger. SLC should be ashamed for not giving players options.

Bcoz playing with any other country will not get them big money...

On 10/19/2017 at 6:07 AM, bsriharsha said:

About getting cricket back to Pakistan , It's not just about getting teams back to playing in Pakistan. That is one factor obviously. PSL plays a part in convincing teams to go for full tours. But PCB can't be paying teams to come. Doesn't work out in the long run. Also Pakistan should avoid playing in UAE. The slow dead placid wickets which break up (due to being baked in the hot sun) after 4 days don't encourage attractive cricket. There is no value for a well timed coverdrive or a fast bowler running in and bowling at 90mph. The pitches neither offer bounce to attract the bowlers nor enable strokemaking. This kills the interest in the game totally.

Apart from their efforts to host a full fledged series in Pakistan , They should be looking at playing in neutral venues like Sri Lanka , South Africa , UK for the time being and maybe UAE in the cooler months of November , December and January where they will be some life in the pitches. Also will enable the Pakistani cricketers some valuable experience of playing in different conditions.

At the moment it seems like we have no other options but to play in the UAE. We used to play in England but we ruined relations with them. I have no idea why we are not trying Sri-Lanka? Either way I agree with you the cricket played in the UAE is not fun to watch. Hence why we need cricket back in Pakistan etc. 

It's also about the A team touring other countries , It's about the U19 team having a series in Australia. When have the Pakistan youth teams gone out for a foreign tour ? How else will the youngsters improve if they aren't facing varied pitches ?

Lol Thats the thing our board is more worried about playing India than worrying about these things. Pakistan the country in general has very poor way of managing things. I have been here so I know. I view our cricket like our society. Its a bit behind in the structural departments. We need someone who understands cricket to add these changes. A lot of safarishi players picked over promising talent. 

I think in order to get selected in counties you need to be a good cricketer in International cricket. Our batsmen are not picked much because they got more better options. Our bowlers however do. Like Junaid Khan and Amir. 

On 10/19/2017 at 8:07 AM, Khota said:

You can always please crowd and be positive at the same time. He spews crap and that is not acceptable. So many pakistani cricketers are loved and adored in India but they are good people too.

I don't think you should take him seriously. He is our version of Sehwag. 

I never felt conflicted before but after the radicalization of Pakistan and what you watch on TV I dont see any hope. 

What you see on TV is most of the times over exaggerated. I am currently in Pakistan right now and don't feel any threat. People go on about there business here. If you really have too much time on your hands you would worry about these things. I have observed this country over the past few years I got a understanding of living standards. Its not the greatest. Safety however has been fantastic. There is security in most places now. 

The reason I dont like to lose to Pakistan is because average pakistani brings god in the game and claims that god will help them win. I firmly believe that the god I believe in does not have time for cricket games. there is so much suffering in world that god does not want to be involed in this silly stuff.

What you have a problem with is a normal muslim thing. India has more muslims than Pakistan so if they think god will help us win because we are muslim, well wouldn't muslims of India also be praying to the same god?

Atleast we are talking and that is the most important thing.

With all the negative let me say something positive too. I really gained respect for your judiciary system after they removed Nawaz after Panama stuff. We have Amitabh Bachan who is knee deep and got away.

I am more of a outsider than a actual Pakistani who lives here. I have come enough to know about life of a person here. I am willing to admit this country is not perfect. But that is not why I come here. I come here because this is where my roots are. At the same time I understand India used to be a country my grandparents came from. I hope when we move forward in life we learn to leave the past behind and leave this War talk to our governments. Because hatred never brings peace. 

Edited by Shaz1

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

I am more of a outsider than a actual Pakistani who lives here. I have come enough to know about life of a person here. I am willing to admit this country is not perfect. But that is not why I come here. I come here because this is where my roots are. At the same time I understand India used to be a country my grandparents came from. I hope when we move forward in life we learn to leave the past behind and leave this War talk to our governments. Because hatred never brings peace

+++++

3 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I don't think you should take him seriously. He is our version of Sehwag. 

What you see on TV is most of the times over exaggerated. I am currently in Pakistan right now and don't feel any threat. People go on about there business here. If you really have too much time on your hands you would worry about these things. I have observed this country over the past few years I got a understanding of living standards. Its not the greatest. Safety however has been fantastic. There is security in most places now. 

What you have a problem with is a normal muslim thing. India has more muslims than Pakistan so if they think god will help us win because we are muslim, well wouldn't muslims of India also be praying to the same god?

I am more of a outsider than a actual Pakistani who lives here. I have come enough to know about life of a person here. I am willing to admit this country is not perfect. But that is not why I come here. I come here because this is where my roots are. At the same time I understand India used to be a country my grandparents came from. I hope when we move forward in life we learn to leave the past behind and leave this War talk to our governments. Because hatred never brings peace. 

First of all you are welcome with open arms. Now my gransparents are from Pakistan so my partial roots are there too so that is why I also went to green forum and got banned. My posting style is no different then what you see or different from yours. Still I got banned. Then it donned upon me that there is a fundamental difference between us and them. pakistan as a nation or people are not open to critiicsm. They dont allow it on forum and personally also saying anything against Imran is blasphemy. We on the other hand go after Kohli/Dhoni/ or anyone all the time.

They love people who hate India, who hate IPL etc. They also think they are superior to us. That gulf will keep on getting wider. I wish it may shrink but I dont have any hope.

Getting religion involved is for a very simple reason. Pakistanis really do think that their religion is superior than ours. Theyy think that way is the right way whereas we keep our religion to ourself.

I think all the hate is because of religion. If we dont accept that as a starting point than we are being dishonest.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:32 PM, Khota said:

There is no bullying. BCCI has taken a honorable stand that innocent blood should not be shed. I disagree with BCCI on 90% of things they do but this 10% I agree with. 

By not playing the bilateral they have honored the MOU.

The MOU had a condition of govt approval .

This was dependent on you guys behaving.

You did not behave.

No permssion granted.

MOU honored.

There is more to life then a silly game of cricket. We need to chart different courses in life. You dont like us and we wont play.

Why keep playing in ICC events and every other sport? Either do full boycott in everything or stop half arse boycott of bilateral series cricket matches.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.