Pakistan will play in ICC world leagues only if India honours MoU

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

The points you stated here are spot on. Instead of focusing on playing India, Pakistan should focus on making cricket more profitable here. Our domestic cricket needs a complete overhaul. Players in it need to get paid more to get the urge to become better players.

The only thing that should matter to PCB is its own cricket. We need to get cricket back to Pakistan so more fans can see the game who can't go out to see it. It will help our current players more by having the time to spend with there family. Unfortunately due to the current circumstances our players are never able to spend much time in there homes due to the traveling they have to do every year. This will boost there game up even more.

About getting cricket back to Pakistan , It's not just about getting teams back to playing in Pakistan. That is one factor obviously. PSL plays a part in convincing teams to go for full tours. But PCB can't be paying teams to come. Doesn't work out in the long run. Also Pakistan should avoid playing in UAE. The slow dead placid wickets which break up (due to being baked in the hot sun) after 4 days don't encourage attractive cricket. There is no value for a well timed coverdrive or a fast bowler running in and bowling at 90mph. The pitches neither offer bounce to attract the bowlers nor enable strokemaking. This kills the interest in the game totally.

Apart from their efforts to host a full fledged series in Pakistan , They should be looking at playing in neutral venues like Sri Lanka , South Africa , UK for the time being and maybe UAE in the cooler months of November , December and January where they will be some life in the pitches. Also will enable the Pakistani cricketers some valuable experience of playing in different conditions.

It's also about the A team touring other countries , It's about the U19 team having a series in Australia. When have the Pakistan youth teams gone out for a foreign tour ? How else will the youngsters improve if they aren't facing varied pitches ?

Previous Pakistani players (upto 2000) had the liberty of playing in County teams. Imran Khan in his autobiography(cricketing one) made it clear on the importance playing in the counties had on his cricketing career. The top Pakistani cricketers playing in the counties negated the idiotic first class cricket structure in Pakistan to a large extent. The English Counties are right now not as strong as what they were in the 70's , 80's and 90's. Also the focus of the English Counties has shifted from overseas players to domestic/kolpak players who are eligible to play for England. This has led to lesser numbers of Pakistani players playing in the Counties. And most of the cricketers playing for Pakistan (post 2000) were raw and didn't have the coaching to become the finished articles. 

Edited by bsriharsha
Too much empty space at the end of the article.
5 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Miandad tries to please the Pakistani crowd. He is not really taken seriously here. He was only good as a cricketer. He has zero charistma as a person. 

Well I think what you said there is a fair assesment. If you personally feel conflicted with the country there is no need for you to enjoy the game between it. I on the other hand prefer to keep politics out of cricket. To me there is some sort of connection with India since my grandparents were born there. I don't like to view it with hatred because I am a firm believer what ever is going on is between the two governments and not the people. 

After watching cricket for 10 years I realized in any game one team will win and another will lose. Even though I want to see Pakistan win every game. When they fall short of victoriies there is always a reason. Which is why losing games does not bother me anymore. I move on quickly.

You can always please crowd and be positive at the same time. He spews crap and that is not acceptable. So many pakistani cricketers are loved and adored in India but they are good people too.

I never felt conflicted before but after the radicalization of Pakistan and what you watch on TV I dont see any hope. 

The reason I dont like to lose to Pakistan is because average pakistani brings god in the game and claims that god will help them win. I firmly believe that the god I believe in does not have time for cricket games. there is so much suffering in world that god does not want to be involed in this silly stuff.

Atleast we are talking and that is the most important thing.

With all the negative let me say something positive too. I really gained respect for your judiciary system after they removed Nawaz after Panama stuff. We have Amitabh Bachan who is knee deep and got away.

Why is PCB so fascinated about playing against India. Everyone knows the answer:phehe:. These guys should be ashamed for keeping on begging .If PCB thinks they hold any aces they are sadly mistaken.

PCB again proved they are run by clowns when they keep repeating the empty threats. I sympathize to some extent Pakistani fans but they also seem to be buying in this PCB propaganda of being a victim.

I am sure these Srilankan politicians have been well taken care off , they are subjecting their players to unnecessary danger. SLC should be ashamed for not giving players options.

Edited by putrevus
2 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

Previous Pakistani players (upto 2000) had the liberty of playing in County teams. Imran Khan in his autobiography(cricketing one) made it clear on the importance playing in the counties had on his cricketing career. The top Pakistani cricketers playing in the counties negated the idiotic first class cricket structure in Pakistan to a large extent. The English Counties are right now not as strong as what they were in the 70's , 80's and 90's. Also the focus of the English Counties has shifted from overseas players to domestic/kolpak players who are eligible to play for England. This has led to lesser numbers of Pakistani players playing in the Counties. And most of the cricketers playing for Pakistan (post 2000) were raw and didn't have the coaching to become the finished articles. 

+1.  

Its not just a lack of coaching - its an exposure to high level competitive cricket that provides the fire needed to forge int'l class talent.  This is why Pakistan is down in the dumps struggling for the #6 rank with the likes of SL etc.     The PSL is a step in the right direction, and will help them improve on the LOI front, but the lack of test class batting talent in the Pak squad is a direct result of their shoddy FC cricket.  I think there' s a journalist who tweeted a damning list of issues with domestic cricket, Abbasi something - it was a bunch of serialized tweets, documenting how the PCB has randomly chopped and changed their domestic structure around, year after year, and none of the changes make any sense.  This is not rocket science.  A few minor tweaks could result in Pakistan having a decent FC circuit in a very short amount of time.   But I guess there are a lot of vested interests who wouldn't really allow the needed changes to occur without a fight.  

16 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why is PCB so fascinated about playing against India. Everyone knows the answer:phehe:. These guys should be ashamed for keeping on begging .If PCB thinks they hold any aces they are sadly mistaken.

PCB again proved they are run by clowns when they keep repeating the empty threats. I sympathize to some extent Pakistani fans but they also seem to be buying in this PCB propaganda of being a victim.

I am sure these Srilankan politicians have been well taken care off , they are subjecting their players to unnecessary danger. SLC should be ashamed for not giving players options.

Bcoz playing with any other country will not get them big money...

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

I am more of a outsider than a actual Pakistani who lives here. I have come enough to know about life of a person here. I am willing to admit this country is not perfect. But that is not why I come here. I come here because this is where my roots are. At the same time I understand India used to be a country my grandparents came from. I hope when we move forward in life we learn to leave the past behind and leave this War talk to our governments. Because hatred never brings peace

+++++

3 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I don't think you should take him seriously. He is our version of Sehwag. 

What you see on TV is most of the times over exaggerated. I am currently in Pakistan right now and don't feel any threat. People go on about there business here. If you really have too much time on your hands you would worry about these things. I have observed this country over the past few years I got a understanding of living standards. Its not the greatest. Safety however has been fantastic. There is security in most places now. 

What you have a problem with is a normal muslim thing. India has more muslims than Pakistan so if they think god will help us win because we are muslim, well wouldn't muslims of India also be praying to the same god?

I am more of a outsider than a actual Pakistani who lives here. I have come enough to know about life of a person here. I am willing to admit this country is not perfect. But that is not why I come here. I come here because this is where my roots are. At the same time I understand India used to be a country my grandparents came from. I hope when we move forward in life we learn to leave the past behind and leave this War talk to our governments. Because hatred never brings peace. 

First of all you are welcome with open arms. Now my gransparents are from Pakistan so my partial roots are there too so that is why I also went to green forum and got banned. My posting style is no different then what you see or different from yours. Still I got banned. Then it donned upon me that there is a fundamental difference between us and them. pakistan as a nation or people are not open to critiicsm. They dont allow it on forum and personally also saying anything against Imran is blasphemy. We on the other hand go after Kohli/Dhoni/ or anyone all the time.

They love people who hate India, who hate IPL etc. They also think they are superior to us. That gulf will keep on getting wider. I wish it may shrink but I dont have any hope.

Getting religion involved is for a very simple reason. Pakistanis really do think that their religion is superior than ours. Theyy think that way is the right way whereas we keep our religion to ourself.

I think all the hate is because of religion. If we dont accept that as a starting point than we are being dishonest.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:32 PM, Khota said:

There is no bullying. BCCI has taken a honorable stand that innocent blood should not be shed. I disagree with BCCI on 90% of things they do but this 10% I agree with. 

By not playing the bilateral they have honored the MOU.

The MOU had a condition of govt approval .

This was dependent on you guys behaving.

You did not behave.

No permssion granted.

MOU honored.

There is more to life then a silly game of cricket. We need to chart different courses in life. You dont like us and we wont play.

Why keep playing in ICC events and every other sport? Either do full boycott in everything or stop half arse boycott of bilateral series cricket matches.

8 hours ago, Khota said:

First of all you are welcome with open arms. Now my gransparents are from Pakistan so my partial roots are there too so that is why I also went to green forum and got banned. My posting style is no different then what you see or different from yours. Still I got banned. Then it donned upon me that there is a fundamental difference between us and them. pakistan as a nation or people are not open to critiicsm. They dont allow it on forum and personally also saying anything against Imran is blasphemy. We on the other hand go after Kohli/Dhoni/ or anyone all the time.

They love people who hate India, who hate IPL etc. They also think they are superior to us. That gulf will keep on getting wider. I wish it may shrink but I dont have any hope.

Getting religion involved is for a very simple reason. Pakistanis really do think that their religion is superior than ours. Theyy think that way is the right way whereas we keep our religion to ourself.

I think all the hate is because of religion. If we dont accept that as a starting point than we are being dishonest.

Cow get more respect than Cricket World Cup winning captain MS Dhoni in Hindustan.

1 hour ago, Pakistan said:

Why keep playing in ICC events and every other sport? Either do full boycott in everything or stop half arse boycott of bilateral series cricket matches.

I think you are right. There should be full boycott. 

1 hour ago, Pakistan said:

Cow get more respect than Cricket World Cup winning captain MS Dhoni in Hindustan.

We respect Dhoni too. He now is a liability in my opinion. I have no idea what cows have to do with this topic. I think it is your underhanded way of ridiculing us.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

Thanks for the welcome. I to got banned from that board you speak of. I was in fact a mod there once. So I got to know what happens behind the scenes. The thing is at the moment nearly every post that is posted is moderated. If they dislike what you say even a little they will delete your posts. Drama and tension is simply fake. Its created to make you go "What the heck did he really just say that?". You know what I call this? I call it dictatorship. And I hate dictatorship. 

Not really not all posts there are hatred for India. In my opinion this forum takes it to the extreme on the hate. Like I get it you hate Pakistan but seeing "terrorist" in nearly every post is irritating. You have no idea what you are saying when you say that. Our people get killed by those same people you like to claim us to be. In my opinion I classify those simply as criminals. Irrespective of there nationality. 

Your issue with religion is the same as mine. Even though I am a muslim. I dislike it when people care more about how you live your life than there own. 

Actually all the hate is because we label people as one entity. Forgetting that man kind is not some different specimen just because we are of different nationality, color, or race. Till people see people as people and not what they support or represent till than conflict will continue.

Your posts have huge problems and I disagree with.

The first is you are a very intelligent person who is vary articulate. You think all Indians and Pakistanis are like that is a first problem.

The second problem I have is pakistan is not exactly a victim as they claim. They harbored these guys and nurtured them, That is the fundamental difference.

My parents not once talked negative about Pakistani people nor do I. Individually pakistanis are some of the nicest people you will ever come across. Absolutely the best and caring. It is collectively that something is wrong as a country.

As far as religion is concerned I have mentioned several times I am agnostic and in 50 years I will be proven correct.

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

This part makes no sense. Where did I claim all Pakistani's and Indians think like a certain way? Heck thats the thing I am strongly against in the first place. To label a whole group as one thing. The reason I stated that "terrorist" comment about this forum is because its a commonly used statement here. Which disregards life of people living in the country you hate. 

Nobody is labelling the whole group but at that same time we cannot conveniently forget that we were attacked 4 times. But at that same time the limted sample I see of people living their reinforces the hate they have for India. 

8 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I am not trying to make Pakistan a victim here. I am trying to make those who have nothing to do with terrorist a victim. If you for once view them as humans before labeling them for what ever country they are from you will understand what I am talking about. This harboring terrorist thing is all a theory. If you got proof than feel free to bring it. But why should a average human being suffer by losing there life for something they have zero control over? 

They are humans too but they cannot be silent observers. People killed in Mumbai were humans too.  Beheading of Indian soldiers which is barbaric were humans too. Your people are allowing that hence they are responsible too.

9 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I don't think you should view them as bad collectively. What ever our government does or yours does should not effect our views about the people. That is why I think people should let go of this hate from the past and view each other as human beings before viewing each other by any label. 

Their is no hate in our heart but lot of people in your country think we are dark colored sub humans. I am seeking their approval. Everyday we have terrorist incident that has Pakistan signature all over it.

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

You attacked by who? Terrorist? In that case we get attacked all the time. Does that make our life more worthless than yours? I think not. 

You are missing the difference. The guys who came to Mumbai were trained by your ISI and given help by the navy. The ones who attacked you are different. Terrorism and state sponsored terrorism. Sad thing is 9/11, Osama and what happens in Afghanistan has pakistan written all ove it. You cannot play the victim card.

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

When its a war things like that is common. Fighting each other all the time will bring many more moments. There is no need for you or anyone to blame innocent people for actions of the government. I don't understand if you really care about your army why not go fight for them? Its only fitting that way. 

It is your government that has unofficially declared war. We are a poor country with people have no running water. Some of us have experienced poverty first hand. We don't  want war.But you are not leaving us with any choice.

one of the advantages of being born in India is that if I wanted I could join army or do what I feel like. I enjoy doing what I feel like.

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

How many of our people have you met? If you wanna talk about dark in that case a average Karachi person looks no different. This is a poor assumption. Not every person is the same.

Many. They are the nicest people in the world. Collectively there is something wrong.

Like I said till the Kashmir thing is not resolved there will be problems. I dont see that getting resolved.