Brainfade

India vs New Zealand 1st ODI - Mumbai - Oct 22nd, 2017

16 minutes ago, New guy said:

Your point is that all other batsmen should be criticized for one single failure  but Dhoni cannot be criticized for doing the same thing match after match after match. You are intentionally being dishonest enough to compare one single innings when it is clear Dhoni is being criticized because he does this every single match

Not true. I have criticized Dhoni many times including in this match thread. But I think we over do the Dhoni criticism and forget others. That shot which Rohit Sharma played today to get out was awful. Kedar Jadhav gave a catching practice. And mind you its not only in this innings...both of them are doing this regularly now. But the notion that Dhoni is the only wrong in LOI team and once he goes all will be hunky dori is wrong.

17 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Not true. I have criticized Dhoni many times including in this match thread. But I think we over do the Dhoni criticism and forget others. That shot which Rohit Sharma played today to get out was awful. Kedar Jadhav gave a catching practice. And mind you its not only in this innings...both of them are doing this regularly now. But the notion that Dhoni is the only wrong in LOI team and once he goes all will be hunky dori is wrong.

In the last 2 years, Dhoni has a SR of 82+. The only batsman with a worse SR is Rahane with 79+. Everyone else is scoring at 95+ with Pandya and Jadhav being well above 100. The criticism is more often than not justified.

SR for Indian batsmen since Jan 2016

Edited by Jimmy Cliff

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very true.

He is improving every aspect of his game.

Ground fielding is something he can still improve, although I don't think he can throw himself around like umesh . He should work on his slides.Umesh is a natural athelete. Bhuvi is not and has had an ankle injury...that must be a handicap.

Edited by beetle

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

Ground fielding is something he can still improve, although I don't think he can throw himself around like umesh . He should work on his slides.Umesh is a natural athelete. Bhuvi is not and has had an ankle injury...that must be a handicap.

Bhuvi's  fielding is never a liability 

Nop, bhuvis ground fielding is ok

Let's not vent our anger on Jadhav alone. The poor guy is going to get booted out soon and he has only himself to blame along with misfortune of not having godfather to back him. There is one other guy who is always defended here no matter what. He disturbs batting order alot due to his incapabilities to fit in middle and lower middle order.

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Let's not vent our anger on Jadhav alone. The poor guy is going to get booted out soon and he has only himself to blame along with misfortune of not having godfather to back him. There is one other guy who is always defended here no matter what. He disturbs batting order alot due to his incapabilities to fit in middle and lower middle order.

No one comes to the team with a Godfather. Dhoni (whom you are referring to) was a ticket collector from a small town when made his debut and grabbed opportunities with both hand. Who was his godfather then? Jadhav being from Mumbai is already in front foot with vocal supporters like Gavaskar behind him. He already has more godfather than what Dhoni or even Kohli had. Its only his mistake that he has unbale to grab the opportunities with both hand.

#FACT

Guest, sign in to access all features.