Bunty Sajdeh: The super-agent

The peaceful outdoors section of The Village Shop, a café that faces a church in the Mumbai suburb of Bandra, is an odd place for Bunty Sajdeh to be this Saturday afternoon. As we speak, much of his mind is on other events, which are taking place in a far more hectic environment. Five of the players his talent management company, Cornerstone Sport & Entertainment, represents are playing a hard game of Test cricket against New Zealand in the sweltering Kanpur heat (which India won).

Cornerstone, which Sajdeh founded in 2008, is now an agency that represents sportsmen exclusively; it manages Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Murali Vijay and Umesh Yadav, all of whom are in the current Indian Test team, as well as Ishant Sharma, who is likely to be in it as soon as he is fully fit. But it is not as if he simply looks at who the most talked-about cricketers are and then tries to sign them up.

“We scout players when they’re young,” says Sajdeh, 38. “It’s easy to look at Virat today and say he’s a rock star, but I spotted him back during the 2008 Under-19 World Cup and signed him up before he became a regular for India.”

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/4EO0N4JSOErNtaof7qMilN/Bunty-Sajdeh-The-superagent.html

1 hour ago, Sean Bradley said:

Digging into too many things are we, had the results been 2-0 in indias favour, this thread wouldnt have existed and Kohli would have already been termed as a biggest God after Lord Shiva. 

Some time back (during CT) when I was moaning about Yuvi's selection, all my post used to be termed troll and anyone against my post used to be upvoted.

So you are right, Very few are against Kohli because of selection. Its performance of team which ws hiding his bias. But I think Indian team is allready divided into two groups. And most of the players in other group give a **** about what Kohli says as they know, there is allways a IPL

2 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Digging into too many things are we, had the results been 2-0 in indias favour, this thread wouldnt have existed and Kohli would have already been termed as a biggest God after Lord Shiva. 

Had Rahul Gandhi been intelligent his speeches would have been better. So let's appreciate Rahul Gandhi's speeches, isn't it? What's the point, bro?

47 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

Wah, so Bunty planned Virat's wedding as well. Is there anything in life that Virat does without Bunty's plan?

And well done Virat on the 100 crore endorsement deal with Puma. Now we know why Bunty is so important.

Edited by Forever Indian
Just now, Green Monster said:

kaanspiracy!!!! :phehe:

Mein samjhta hu ki....allah talah ka diya hua tallent bhot hai....mashallah itne daler bowlers aur batsmen hai....main samajhta hu ki bahut  stars niklenge inshallah....main samajhta hu ki system ko theek karna padega aur Bunty ko hataana padega inshallah.

Ameen

I have been watching a lot of Pakistani cricket shows :((

32 minutes ago, New guy said:

Such conflict of interest should never be allowed in the first place. BCCI has strict rules about playing in other leagues etc but not for captain sharing same agents with other players? 

Agree that some rules should be made to solve the issues that the player management agencies are creating.