'English seamers better than Indians' - Hussey

'English seamers better than Indians' Melbourne: Venkatesh Prasad might have called the Indian bowling attack the best in the business after it dismantled Australia in Perth, but Mike Hussey would have none of it and said the visitors will not bowl to a series-levelling win in the fourth Test in Adelaide. Hussey said he considers the 2005 Ashes-winning bowling attack of England and the South Africans better then the Indians. "I didn't play in the Ashes Test series when we lost in 2005, but that England bowling unit seemed to bowl very well as a group," Hussey said. "Just from watching, they seemed like the best bowling I have seen in Test cricket for a long time outside the Australian team. "There are some pretty fine bowlers around. I think South Africa have a pretty good bowling line-up. England fully fit have a pretty good line-up," the right hander told the Herald Sun. "It is hard to say if they (India) are the best in the business. I am not sure about that." Hussey said the Adelaide Oval will not offer India's pacemen the same help and they would not be as effective as in Perth. "I think they have the skills to consistently swing the ball. Any batsman is going to find it tough against the ball that is consistently swinging. But I don't think it will swing as much here in Adelaide as it did in Perth," Hussey said. Hussey said young Ishant Sharma, who dismissed Ricky Ponting in both innings in Perth, would be challenged to repeat his heroics in Adelaide. "He is a very good bowler, is young, aggressive, has good pace and hits the bat hard. He is new on the scene with a fair bit of ability but has to continue to do that day in, day out." Hussey appeared surprised by India's omission of former skipper Sourav Ganguly for the one-day tri-series. "You have to pick your best cricketers whether they be 35 or 23 and give yourself the best chance of winning matches," he said.

yea i think Hussey is rite..a fit flintoff,hoggard,jones and harmi are much better than our line up..its not to say that v are worse..its just that they are more potent and can decimate a batting line up on any pitch..our bowlers need some assistance frm the pitch..if the ball is not swinging or seaming then v look upto anil to do the job..

its only matter of time when the world will see the AAG attack for the 1st time ever:yay:
atleast there is a chance of fit english attack..but a fit asif,akthar and gul comeon gimme a break..even if they are fit akthar wud show his batting skills on one of ur own bowlers and ur attack wud crumble..:hysterical:
a fit flintoff' date=hoggard,jones and harmi There are more chances of Shane Warne playing for England than the combination mentioned:D
i was talking abt this attack in 2005..comparing to this attack our bowling line up is bad..but who know venki mite have known that there is no chance of jones coming back and mite have predicted that our bowling lineup is the best in the world :D

The English attack of 2005 - Hoggard, Flintoff, Harmisson and Simon Jones was indeed very formidable. All the four were at the peak of their prowess and quite simply the four beat Australia by themselves. However English attack was built to succeed in England and hence they didnt make much sound outside the country. Indian attack is little different. It has quality pacers and spinners and so we have been able to win more games than England.