Who are the big match players in indian team?

gakgupta

4 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Somehow, I had the impression that Kohli was one but after careful examination, he isn't one...

Then who are those players...??

Dhawan....

Dhoni....

Ashwin

Pandya

Anyone else?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Dhawan - yes, Dhoni - No, Ashwin - emphatically No (in ODIs), Pandya - too early to call. Most of our players are ABDVs in finals... god-awful chokers.

No one because we have choked in big games.

WC semis- everyone choked and sucked

Wt20 2014 finals- Yuvraj was the main culprit but apart from Kohli not that everyone else brought their A game

Wt20 2016 semis-bowling choked big time and batting was subpar.

CT 2017- everyone choked

Kohli's big game temperament criticism is almost reaching SRT level hate...The innings against Aussies in WT20 2016 is probably the best T20

clutch innings I have ever seen. Better than the rest but still a little bit of a choker though 

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

No one because we have choked in big games.

WC semis- everyone choked and sucked

Wt20 2014 finals- Yuvraj was the main culprit but apart from Kohli not that everyone else brought their A game

Wt20 2016 semis-bowling choked big time and batting was subpar.

CT 2017- everyone choked

Kohli's big game temperament criticism is almost reaching SRT level hate...The innings against Aussies in WT20 2016 is probably the best T20

clutch innings I have ever seen. Better than the rest but still a little bit of a choker though 

In ODIs (WC and Champions trophy), just when has this "ATG" Kohli made a match-winning contribution? He is a choker in the most important matches, although I will say that he has played many imp. knocks in bilaterals and in the league stages of multi-national tournaments. On the other hand, he has done very well (for the most part) in World T20 knockouts.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

In ODIs (WC and Champions trophy), just when has this "ATG" Kohli made a match-winning contribution? He is a choker in the most important matches, although I will say that he has played many imp. knocks in bilaterals and in the league stages of multi-national tournaments. On the other hand, he has done very well (for the most part) in World T20 knockouts.

Exactly...we haven't won any major finals or semifinals recently have we???

This means everyone choked

so the fact that we have been reaching these knockouts mainly is because of Kohli's heroic performances isn't it.

I have acknowledged him to be a choker but so is everyone else even though he is head and shoulders above them 

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8037/scorecard/566948/England-vs-India-Final-icc-champions-trophy/

Top scored when our middle-order decided to go AWOL.

I do agree with your fundamental point though. He hasn't lived up to his capabilities in 50 over knockouts. T20 knockouts are a different story. 

19 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8037/scorecard/566948/England-vs-India-Final-icc-champions-trophy/

Top scored when our middle-order decided to go AWOL.

I do agree with your fundamental point though. He hasn't lived up to his capabilities in 50 over knockouts. T20 knockouts are a different story. 

But this match was effectively a T20 and I have no doubt that VK is very adept at that format even in knockouts. In 50 over knockouts, he has gone missing more often than not given a man of his talent.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

But this match was effectively a T20 and I have no doubt that VK is very adept at that format even in knockouts. In 50 over knockouts, he has gone missing more often than not given a man of his talent.

You are right. I was just responding to this:

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

As I said, I agree with your fundamental point.

Kohli isn't a big match player? kya rubbish ppl spout on here sometimes

as a youngster thrust into the team early- he made a significant batting contribution to India winning the 2011 WC final

in CT2013 final he was our top scorer

again in 2014 Wt20 final he was our top scorer in the final and was really unlucky to end up on the wrong team

in 2016 Wt20 quarter final he played one of the best t20 knocks ever to almost single handedly take us through to the semi final and again in our semi final loss in the same tournament- he was our top scorer

what more does he need to do to be considered a big match player....perform in the world gulee danda final?

Edited by mancalledsting
11 hours ago, velu said:

2011 wc final :tsk:

Choosing to come up the batting order in the final when dew is set (when you've done nothing for India all tournament) ahead of the player of the tournament smells of a cowards last chance grab for glory that ended up good. Real hero of the final was gambhir, just he didn't have Srini mama backing him for rest of his career to cover up for his decline in form