Would you encourage your son/daughter to join Indian military?

head coach

As India is ready to celebrate Republic Day on 26th here is a question for all you Indian Nationalist folks who takes pride in your Indianness. Would you encourage your son/daughter to join Indian military or would you talk them out of it? Please be honest and do not make heavy statements without knowing the reality. My answer is I will talk them out because of my selfish love ( I love my family more than my country). How about you? A great story of a young man who lost his life for India: at rediff Happy Republic Day! Jai Hind! :two_thumbs_up:

Hell no. I'd not encourage any son/daughter of mine to join any military. My children are not to be 'bali ka bakraas' to some arbitary lines drawn on a map.
Do you think the country should be defended when attacked by another? Don't you need an active military to defend you from being attacked? You seems to ridicule that mission?

Do you think the country should be defended when attacked by another?
I don't think 'countries' should exist in the first place !
Don't you need an active military to defend you from being attacked?
Perhaps..but thats not the job i'd want my children to be doing. Besides, this world is a huge place. If sh!t hits the fan where i live, i will simply move somewhere else. Not that big of a deal.
You seems to ridicule that mission?
Yep. mostly. I've been around army people- both in India and outside of it. Not the kind of mentality i'd want my children to develop. No child of mine is getting indoctrinated in the 'shoot first, ask questions later' mentality that the militaries have.

CC is a retarded, mentally frustrated git, he has provoked us many times to get into his meaningless bickering which he passes as some devine debate, not to mention his endless lust for getting personal, family abuses, abuse to Indian culture, Hinduism. If anyone, anytime kicks him hard, where it hurts most, it will only be a favor to ICF. Go BossBhai:two_thumbs_up:

What happened to the abuse = ok policy ? Change hogaya ? Where were you and the other mods when the beloved cretin indulged in nothing but gaali galoch ?
Whenever he abused you personally, his posts were edited/deleted and he has been banned quite a few times in the past. You know that.

CC is a retarded, mentally frustrated git, he has provoked us many times to get into his meaningless bickering which he passes as some devine debate, not to mention his endless lust for getting personal, family abuses, abuse to Indian culture, Hinduism. If anyone, anytime kicks him hard, where it hurts most, it will only be a favor to ICF. Go BossBhai:two_thumbs_up:
Sandtest, I feel your mindset same as Bin Laden and other Muslim fundamentals who ask Jihadis to go kill anyone who is a non-Muslim. What is the difference between you guys brother?

What is the difference between you guys brother?
One is a hindu, other is a muslim. Thats pretty much it, really. But hey- for all his hinduvta superiorist chest-thumping, i saw him run away multiple times- he ran away when me(and Lurker and some others) corrected him from arrogantly including Buddhism & Jainism under 'hindu umbrella'. He also ran away when i pointed out to him that his pyaare 'superior culture civilizing cavemen around the world' emperors like Ashoka, Chandragupta, Bimbisar, etc. were all using a MIDDLE EASTERN DERIVED SCRIPT ( Brahmi) to write their inscriptions...

@ OP..... Although, for very short period, I have worked for the expansion of an Aerodrome in western India through a contracting company before assignment in Gulf. In fact my main interest after Cricket is defense, India's security and strategic issues affecting India's military/security. I get into political debate because can't stop myself speacially after seeing google g@ndus like CC spreading hatred and anti-India/anti-Hindu propaganda. A close cousin is in BSF.....Will definately encourage my son to join IAF. I have deep interest in Air Warfare.:two_thumbs_up:

I get into political debate because can't stop myself speacially after seeing google g@ndus like CC spreading hatred and anti-India/anti-Hindu propaganda.
What anti-hindu propaganda ? You stand up and criticize icons of other religions all and sundry- as if you know better- and then shirk away crying 'anti-hindu, ban him/muzzle him' when i do a similar character assessment of your pyaare Ram. You also ran away when i SHOWED to you that our glory phase in history ( 500-600 BCE to 1000 AD) was a period where the majority of Indians were Buddhists and Jains. You also ran away when i PROVED to you that all indian scripts today-every single one of them- come from Brahmi, which is derived from the middle eastern Aramaic script. Just because i shoot down your laughably insecure and chip-on-shoulder ' indian culture is best/civilized the rest of the world cavemen' claptrap,doesnt make me anti-hindu. Most of my family is hindu and they've been disgusted when i showed your claptrap to them- so much so that my brother who used to be in VHP has quit it in disgust.

One is a hindu, other is a muslim. Thats pretty much it, really. But hey- for all his hinduvta superiorist chest-thumping, i saw him run away multiple times- he ran away when me(and Lurker and some others) corrected him from arrogantly including Buddhism & Jainism under 'hindu umbrella'. He also ran away when i pointed out to him that his pyaare 'superior culture civilizing cavemen around the world' emperors like Ashoka, Chandragupta, Bimbisar, etc. were all using a MIDDLE EASTERN DERIVED SCRIPT ( Brahmi) to write their inscriptions...
A google g@ndu, juvenile retard who has no idea what "Shruti' means, how Vedas and great ancient wisdom is transmitted from generation to generation before being codified into writing and who thinks "written" alphabets are ONLY way to prove his some imaginative 'superiority' is not worth my attention. Keep bickering, you can't learn anything beyond your Macaulaylized reading.

Haraamkhoro, get back to the OP. Sandtest, I know what you are saying. I have had my share of run ins with CC in the past as well and IMO he is very amateurish on most issues Indian yet acts like he wrote Vedas while brushing his teeth. But abusing him is not right yaar. Gaali galoch pe kyun utar rahe ho? I absolutely loathe some of your ideologies as well but I don't abuse you. CC, stop using this hindutva nazi claptrap in every other thread for posters here and despite your claims, you do massively and incorrectly generalise India and Indians. No wonder people get riled up. BB, stop personally abusing CC. CC stop referring to BB in your posts.

A google g@ndu, juvenile retard who has no idea what "Shruti' means, how Vedas and great ancient wisdom is transmitted from generation to generation before being codified into writing and who thinks "written" alphabets are ONLY way to prove his some imaginative 'superiority' is not worth my attention.
Again i say, get out of this 'superiority vs inferiority' complex you have. Just because some other culture gave us writing doesn't make them superior- it simply means they are no less than us and have contributed to our development just as we have for them. You seem to accuse me of superiority when YOU keep bringing superiority/inferiority in the discussion and i've been yelling myself hoarse saying that i do not believe in such idiotic concepts but rather, in cultures exchanging ideas & technology with each other and in their own ways being no less than each other. And regardless of how knowledge was transferred- tell us WHY Ashoka and ALL the Indian kings of that era, almost 1000 years before the rise of Islam, were using an middle eastern derived script to write their stuff and not something developed in India ? Tell us why Ashoka's khambaa is inscribed with Brahmi, a script derived from middle east and not something originally desi.
Keep bickering, you can't learn anything beyond your Macaulaylized reading.
Says the guy with the chip on his shoulder, who goes around claiming all sorts of stupid superiority complex driven claptrap like 'Indians civilized the world,which was cavemen, India is the best culture/most advanced civilization of all' nonsense. Take the phrase 'Aryan race' out and insert 'Indian culture' and tell me how your claptrap is different from the exact same thing Hitler spouted.

Btw..there is a huge lot of such self-proclaimed rationalists in the form of Karats and Yechuris....Sir Macaulay of british India will be definately proud to see today, how he has converted many self proclaimed Indians into ridiculing their own culture after reading some western authors. We have been socially engineered after decades rule of dynasty dominated party and leftist leaning history books.....this social engineering is shwoing it's real ugly face when we see here some 'educated' Macaulay putra trying to pose as 'rationale".

yeah after a million page debate with some defending him.... repeated ad nauseum and after a reluctant ban.. lo behold the beloved cretin was back to usual .... and then back to square one. Either put an end to this nautanki or let everybody have a ball ... turns out when others go on a rampage it doesnt sit well.
That is a very very one eyed and unfair assessment of what's happened in the past. CC was banned for nearly a month and deservedly so after his last run in with you. The problem is that you report every post where he refers to you as rightwing Hindu etc etc. Did you not refer to him as communazi? Now given your histories, both terms are out of bounds. Stay clear of each other.