Fastest bowlers from India, Top 10 list

Yantra

I was a hard core cricket fan and would never missed a single delivery, I am watching regular cricket since 1986, and here are the mileage of the indian bowlers I notices, 1, J Srinath - 156Kmph (99, Africa tour) 2, A Nehra - 149 Kmph (2003 World cup) 3, S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph (Kuwalmpur tri series 2006) 4, RP Singh - 147 Kmph ( Recent Aus series) 5, A Agarkar - 146 Kmph (when he made his debut around 2001-2002) 6, Z Khan - 146 Kmph ( 2003 world cup) 7, A Bhandari - 145 Kmph (2004 Aus tour-this guy was really good strong bowler with good action in his early days, but unfortunate one) 8, VRV Singh - 145 Kmph (2006 Africa tour) 9, Munaf Patel - 143 Kmph (early 2006) 10, L Balaji - 140 Kmph (2004 Pakistan tour) All the above bowler have legal bowling action not like Shoaib or Bret who have suspect action, Apart from these recorded speed I guess Salil Ankola was also very quick, Kapil dev was quick in 79-82 era, If you know some one who was missed from this list you can suggest here,

I was a hard core cricket fan and would never missed a single delivery, I am watching regular cricket since 1986, and here are the mileage of the indian bowlers I notices, 1, J Srinath - 156Kmph (99, Africa tour) 2, A Nehra - 149 Kmph (2003 World cup) 3, S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph (Kuwalmpur tri series 2006) 4, RP Singh - 147 Kmph ( Recent Aus series) 5, A Agarkar - 146 Kmph (when he made his debut around 2001-2002) 6, Z Khan - 146 Kmph ( 2003 world cup) 7, A Bhandari - 145 Kmph (2004 Aus tour-this guy was really good strong bowler with good action in his early days, but unfortunate one) 8, VRV Singh - 145 Kmph (2006 Africa tour) 9, Munaf Patel - 143 Kmph (early 2006) 10, L Balaji - 140 Kmph (2004 Pakistan tour) All the above bowler have legal bowling action not like Shoaib or Bret who have suspect action, Apart from these recorded speed I guess Salil Ankola was also very quick, Kapil dev was quick in 79-82 era, If you know some one who was missed from this list you can suggest here,
Thats a surprise, I thought either Agarkar or Nehra would have been the fastest. Good to see Srinath at the top. He is probably among the top three quickies India has ever produced.

Salil, Amit Bhandari was good quick bowler on his early days, I remember he was the highest wicket taker on India A tour of england that included, pathan, balaji and Salvi, Present chief Selector Vengy also mentioned about him in his column that Amit bowled with good pace in the only one day he played in 03/04 Aussie tour. I guess now he has given up the hope of playing for india, but I do feel he was unlucky as he had injury at wrong time and his mother passed away when he was on the fringe and bowling well

didn't sreesanth hit over the 150 mark during the aussie series? i remember seeing it either in the bangalore or the kochi match. If that is the case it would have been in the news, considering we indian love to have some one who could bowl 150 or more.

Good list Yantra. One minor nitpick. Srinath clocked 156 on the 1996 Saffie tour not 1999. According to reports(these are available on cricinfo), he was unbelievably fast and Alistair Campbell(Zim bat) said he was even faster than Donald and Klusener in that season! Regarding Bhandari, he was doing quite well while Bruce Reid was our bowling coach. After Reid left, Bhandari sort of faded away.

Raju Kulkarni was our fastest bowler.. much quicjer than Srinath/Ankola.. He was very erratic, hence he never player much for india.

I think Zaheer Khan had clocked a delivery at 150 kph in the Leed test in 2002. It was the delivery with which he had bowled Flintoff in either the first or the second inning. RPS reached 149 in either one of the T20 match or the ODI in India. I remember reading it here on ICF only. I'm not a speed obsessed fan, so these things are not immediately noticed.

hey guys pathan clocked 144km/h in this test match..i did see it on tv..but yea it was just one delivery and then he was back to mid 130s..since u have mentioned the speed of one delivery i thot i shd mention this..i think sree is the quickest of all after javagal of course..sree avgs in the 142-145 so he is pretty gud..

I remember that march.. David Johnson falling twice and how about Bharat Arun.. I think he also fell down a couple of times ..

anyone remember David Johnson?? Indian bowler who bowled against aussies in 1996 one of test against aus in Delhi?? i was there that time in the ground.. he tried to bowl so fast that he fell down twice.. it was nayan mongiaz test