Fastest bowlers from India, Top 10 list

Yantra

Sorry Yantra i left the speed gun at home.. I dont think they measure speeds during his time.. Remember it was during Kapil Dev Gavasakar era.. Also Karsan Gavri would have been quicker than a lot of the bowlers listed ...

Maaki, do you have any proof, that R Kulkarni was quiker then Srinath? effectively that means he was close to 160kmph or 100mph.

It is pity that we indian did not produce many bowlers of express pace, That's why these people like Lilee, Bruce Yardly and Aqib Javed dared to say that you indian perticularly hindus don't have it in you to bowl fast, one of the reason Aqib gave is that because we don't eat red meat. I wish we can produce couple of quality express bowlers and shut these guys mouth off.

Maaki, I have seen Raju Kulkarni and I think he was nowhere close to 150, he was may be around 140eis, he may look quick compare to the bowler we had at that time, kapil, binny, madan, they were all medium pace. I remember him as the bowler who always fell down ones in the spell, but in that match he played against windies, bowlers from windies looked much quicker then him.

anyone remember David Johnson?? Indian bowler who bowled against aussies in 1996 one of test against aus in Delhi?? i was there that time in the ground.. he tried to bowl so fast that he fell down twice.. it was nayan mongiaz test
David Johnson is the Javelin Thrower, make no mistake about it !

Prashanth vaidya- of vidharba, and who featured in a few one day matches too, albeit after he lost his pace due to injuries, used to be very fast during the early to mid 1990's. IMHO Javagal Srinath's fastest spell was in his first series in south africa in 1992-93, when kiran more who was the keeper told media that srinath was faster than donald. TA Shekar( TAP according to cricinfo) was couple of yards faster than Kapil Dev, when he played a test against pakistan in pakistan. also in 3 one day matches against england in india. but unfortunately, he was dropped because of team politics(read kapil dev as the reason).

top ten indian bowlers

I was a hard core cricket fan and would never missed a single delivery, I am watching regular cricket since 1986, and here are the mileage of the indian bowlers I notices, 1, J Srinath - 156Kmph (99, Africa tour) 2, A Nehra - 149 Kmph (2003 World cup) 3, S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph (Kuwalmpur tri series 2006) 4, RP Singh - 147 Kmph ( Recent Aus series) 5, A Agarkar - 146 Kmph (when he made his debut around 2001-2002) 6, Z Khan - 146 Kmph ( 2003 world cup) 7, A Bhandari - 145 Kmph (2004 Aus tour-this guy was really good strong bowler with good action in his early days, but unfortunate one) 8, VRV Singh - 145 Kmph (2006 Africa tour) 9, Munaf Patel - 143 Kmph (early 2006) 10, L Balaji - 140 Kmph (2004 Pakistan tour) All the above bowler have legal bowling action not like Shoaib or Bret who have suspect action, Apart from these recorded speed I guess Salil Ankola was also very quick, Kapil dev was quick in 79-82 era, If you know some one who was missed from this list you can suggest here,
i dont think anyone was left out n by the way it is brett not bret
I was a hard core cricket fan and would never missed a single delivery, I am watching regular cricket since 1986, and here are the mileage of the indian bowlers I notices, 1, J Srinath - 156Kmph (99, Africa tour) 2, A Nehra - 149 Kmph (2003 World cup) 3, S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph (Kuwalmpur tri series 2006) 4, RP Singh - 147 Kmph ( Recent Aus series) 5, A Agarkar - 146 Kmph (when he made his debut around 2001-2002) 6, Z Khan - 146 Kmph ( 2003 world cup) 7, A Bhandari - 145 Kmph (2004 Aus tour-this guy was really good strong bowler with good action in his early days, but unfortunate one) 8, VRV Singh - 145 Kmph (2006 Africa tour) 9, Munaf Patel - 143 Kmph (early 2006) 10, L Balaji - 140 Kmph (2004 Pakistan tour) All the above bowler have legal bowling action not like Shoaib or Bret who have suspect action, Apart from these recorded speed I guess Salil Ankola was also very quick, Kapil dev was quick in 79-82 era, If you know some one who was missed from this list you can suggest here,
None of these bowlers are fast bowlers. Bowling once a ball at 145kmph wont make him a fast bowler. They are all medium pace bowlers.

I think a more relevant stat would be the average speeds, rather than the top speed ever recorded. Based on what I have seen, and I really dont remember too many speed numbers from Srinath, I would say Sreesanth is the fastest ever bowler India has produced.

I think a more relevant stat would be the average speeds, rather than the top speed ever recorded. Based on what I have seen, and I really dont remember too many speed numbers from Srinath, I would say Sreesanth is the fastest ever bowler India has produced.
not yet.. i have followed Srinath's bowling wen speed guns WERE there and he would consistently clock around 150 with top speed around 155.... he was consistently operating at tht speed for around 2-3 yrs... Sreesanth needs to do tht for atleast 2-3 yrs and has to clock around 150 more consistently to beat Srinath... nowadays he averages around 145...
not yet.. i have followed Srinath's bowling wen speed guns WERE there and he would consistently clock around 150 with top speed around 155.... he was consistently operating at tht speed for around 2-3 yrs... Sreesanth needs to do tht for atleast 2-3 yrs and has to clock around 150 more consistently to beat Srinath... nowadays he averages around 145...
Average speed of 150 with a top of 155 ? Gats, are you really sure ? The times I have seen Srinath, which is from 1996 onwards, I have never seen him bowl that fast. And speed guns came in at much much later than that.