Fastest bowlers from India, Top 10 list

Yantra

With the sort of population India has one would imagine that their list of great fast bowlers might be longer
Didn't know ICC let countries field more than 11 people in a team based on a country's population .... You forget that we've a much longer list of illustrous batsmen and spinners than other countries that pride on their phaast bowler list...
aussies;) - seem to have produced greats in all departments fairly regularly England too and Pakistan...
Since you say 'Regularly'.. England ???...who ..? Aussies spinners ? (apart from Warne.. lets not start on Mc.Gill being a 'great') and Pakistan is complicated, no great spinner apart from Abdul Qadir (Saqlain didn't last long enough..and Mushtaq Ahmed flattered to deceive). Good batsmen previously..but not anymore... and great fast bowlers ( but with fair share of arguments on the methods these great fast bowlers employed to get their wickets )
bear in mind a lot of these players played in the time when few tests were played 144 wickets in 27 tests at 22 apiece with an economy rate of 1.94 is damn good and qualifies him to my extent as a great.
Also bear in mind that a lot of these players played mainly only against one opposition - England !... Hope you see the kind of bias this whole exercise has..
you cannot criticize old players for only playing against a few teams...
Which's why..unless they've achieved lofty heights like Bradman..they can't be called greats of the game... The only great spinner in Australia is Shane Keith Warne as he has proved himself everywhere (reasonably) in varied formats and varied conditions..
ummmm brett lee has a good action and is better than any indian pace bowler ever. With the sort of population India has one would imagine that their list of great fast bowlers might be longer than one (that dev (devi?) chap)
haha, trolling hard, eh? :hysterical:
I was a hard core cricket fan and would never missed a single delivery, I am watching regular cricket since 1986, and here are the mileage of the indian bowlers I notices, 1, J Srinath - 156Kmph (99, Africa tour) 2, A Nehra - 149 Kmph (2003 World cup) 3, S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph (Kuwalmpur tri series 2006) 4, RP Singh - 147 Kmph ( Recent Aus series) 5, A Agarkar - 146 Kmph (when he made his debut around 2001-2002) 6, Z Khan - 146 Kmph ( 2003 world cup) 7, A Bhandari - 145 Kmph (2004 Aus tour-this guy was really good strong bowler with good action in his early days, but unfortunate one) 8, VRV Singh - 145 Kmph (2006 Africa tour) 9, Munaf Patel - 143 Kmph (early 2006) 10, L Balaji - 140 Kmph (2004 Pakistan tour) All the above bowler have legal bowling action not like Shoaib or Bret who have suspect action, Apart from these recorded speed I guess Salil Ankola was also very quick, Kapil dev was quick in 79-82 era, If you know some one who was missed from this list you can suggest here,
thanks for this information...

Srinath was fast ! but yeah like people have pointed out he was too much of a nice guy. I wouldn't mind him becoming the bowling coach of india insted of Venky (not any more) under whose tutelage the few quicks we have had have gone down the gutter. One can see his effect in the CSK team as well all the quicks have gone down the gutter though neva had much hops for Balaji and Gony i thought Tyagi might shape up ok. Not to be. Sree is not forsaking pace is a good thing one will hope he also does not foresake his sanity whatever little is left of it :winky: