WC team and squad

Re: WC team and squad

Is to be selected after this game what would be your team and squad? Mine in batting order 1 Uthappa 2 Ganguly 3 Sachin 4 Dravid 5 Yuvraj 6 Dhoni 7 Karthick 8 Agarkar 9 Bhaji 10 ZK 11 Munaf Rest of squad 12 Sree 13 Sehwag 14 Pathan 15 Kumble
If I have to choose the team, I will not have Kumble in my squad and will have Powar instead. Also, I'll have Sehwag in the XI instead of Karthik. Rest is fine.

Re: WC team and squad But 1.Powar can take wickets, even if he is expensive,unlike Kumble in ODIs 2. Powar can at least hold his bat, unlike Kumble in ODIs 3. Powar can throw from the deep, unlike Kumble in ODIs 4.Powar can run singles even for his partner, unlike Kumble in ODIs So tell me why would you have Kumble instead of Powar?

Re: WC team and squad Kumble is the better bowler. How can powar run singles? He can barely run. Kumbles economy rate of 4.3 is outstanding. The experience of jumbo is better then powar. Kumble will be very effective on windies tracks. Just imagine the scenario, wc final and bhaji is injured. Who would you really want for the final? Kumble or Powar?

Re: WC team and squad 4.3? So you're still going on the past records. Anyway, there is no point discussing it now since he'll be chosen. We'll talk about Kumble during the WC and his 4.3 economy rate. Powar can run, hit big shots and field much better than Kumble. Guess you haven't seen him enough! I'm a great fan of Kumble in tests, but would not prefer him in ODIs.

Re: WC team and squad I really feel sorry for powar.. I think hes much better player than kumble in ODIs.. Kumble is really stupid in ODIs, cant hold the bat for an over, his fieldin n runnin r awkward.. pathetic.. and theres one other man who is very unlucky , kaif. I still dont know why they dropped him and kept raina in the team... i think kaif is more like a dravid and we need tht kinda person to provide the stability in the batting.. he was tthe only one playin good in WI last yr apart frm dhoni.. selectors shud have give some more chance for kaif whos had performed b4 unlike this raina... who hasnt yet deserved to b in the team but for his fieldin efforts..... its sad tht this team is goin with the sick horses.. and we dont have the bench strength to replace them...

Re: WC team and squad He had about 5 years of being in the team and did jack to cement his place. His form since being dropped in FC cricket has been poor thus showling how avergae he his. As for Raina he is not in squad so he also dis not take his chance. Howecer, raina i believe is young and very talented. He will come again. As for Kaif i believe it may be the end as we have far more talented and better players coming through.

Re: WC team and squad

Kaif is cr#p!
comeon dude, he deserves a chance... i think selectors dint give hima fair run.. he wasnt played regularly.. was most of the time in the bench.. when compared to raina whos a onetime wonder boy, kaif is much much better...
Calm down! Neither Kaif nor Raina has been chosen because neither of them deserved a place because of their batting. But now, this is a trouble for us because there is no one whom we can call exceptional fielder! Who is the best fielder in the side? Our XI will be full of poor fielders and this is one aspect which'll certainly pull us down!

Re: WC team and squad Yuvraj, Karthick and Uthappa are all very good fielders. We could have taken Raina just so he could be used as 12th man to come on and field. However, no good having great fielders who are not good batters. Having good batters who are not as good fielders is the lesser of 2 evils. Also why the calm down :huh: Its hardly been a heated/abusive debate towards other posters