India v Sri Lanka is going to kill Indian cricket

G_B_

just saw highlights of Pak v SL in the T20

Not joking you will bury Indian cricket in terms of fan involvement if Sri lanka are going to tour in December which is the peak time of our home season. The quality in ranji is much better.

A tip for the BCCI. Think long term. I realize SL voted for you and i guess the politics has to take care of itself. But seriously a series v Bangladesh would be better.

Dont kill the golden goose. Sometimes no cricket also works.

I am not trolling but I really feel Zimbabwe with Taylor and Jarvis back in their ranks are better tourists. Lets call them.

Just play the A team in the ODIs and T20s to make it more competitive.

But they deserve their test series.They last toured us in 2009 and India must have a home test season than should be non negotiable.Considering all of Aus/Eng/Eng/WI/Nzl/SA have visited us twice since Srl last visited us ,it makes complete sense.

Their test seam isn't that bad per day.They whitewashed Australia 3-0 at home and became the first team to win series in UAE in a decade.

It's just that we are so strong in Asian conditions, we breezed past them in Lanka.Probably how Aussie fans felt in 2000s 

Aslo the more Lanka play against stronger opposition they improve.They already looked millions bucks improved since their last series against us.

So no it's bit of an overreaction.If anything the ODIs and T20S gives us great chance to test our bench strength as well as resting our senior players before demaing SA tour.

Heck we could have used even the test series to test our bench strength but our selectors can't look past Ishant Sharma.

Edited by BeautifulGame

Lanka is a decent test unit, they deserve a full 3 test series, I am pretty confused as to why we didn't invite them in the 2012-14 period (our last series at home against them was way back in 2009) because that Lankan team was quite good and had peak Sanga, greatest modern day (post 2005) test batsman IMO. Moreover we were distinctly mediocre and our home invincibility aura had been shattered by England in 2012, we missed a great series and peak Sanga vs peak Ashwin would have been a clash for the ages. 

In ODIs/T20s it will be terrific if we can try out our youngsters like Pant, Iyer, Washington, Shaw, Siraj etc....how else are we ever going to test our bench strength under the current dispensation? Besides contrary to OP I feel this is terrific scheduling by BCCI, we can't afford a grueling series before the all important SA tour. As such guys like Vijay, Rahul, Shami, Umesh are injury prone....I want our core team with 100% fitness before the New Year's day test !!! I believe our only chance to compete there will be to fly out our test team to SA 2 days after the end of the Lanka test series and not on December 31st.