Which is India's best fast-bowling pair in ODIs?

puneet28

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Shami and Bumrah are first 2 bowlers who avg below 25 in ODIs for India playing at same time. But they don't play many matches together.

Ideally Shami(24) Bumrah(22) Ishant (30) would be our best averaging set of bowlers playing together. Add Bhubneswar, Kuldeep and Chahal to the mix, these should be our best set overall with Ashwin and Jadeja as backup.

problem is we are not talking hypothetic scnearios, its based on actual pairs( not even triumvirates) that bowled together in ODI. exactly an area were we sucked in cricket for long before the recent B's.

20 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Why not name a bowling pairing of now?

dude like the entire indian fast bowling lineup, it starts right above your trundler Aamir, there is a class distinction. You can compare Aamir with Bhuv as they both are fast medium, but not the others they are fast bowlers. Some one like Shradul who bowled one game hit 148 --> fact.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Best I ever saw tbh was Srinath and Prasad in 1996-1997 in England and South Africa

Our 3rd seamers were Paras Mhambrey,Dodda Ganesh,David Johnson and at times out of desperation Saurav Ganguly on those tours :facepalm:

Trust me if we had atleast one half decent 3rd seamer we could have won atleast 2 rests in those 2 series....in fact we almost won in the 3rd Test I believe in Johannesburg 

i mean how **** were we man, could not find a 3rd fn seamer who was international class consistantly...wtf imagine current situation you do have atleast 5-8 (Pandya not included) guys below the the top 5 Shami to Ishant..what ever way you look at it from say a green mamba in SA to a national highway in Indian summer you can put the requisite fast bowling unit to try and do the Job, performance could be hit and miss but still you have the sheet in hand and back up in squad to designate roles and bench to come-in for injuries but not be over awed.

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

i mean how **** were we man, could not find a 3rd fn seamer who was international class consistantly...wtf imagine current situation you do have atleast 5-8 (Pandya not included) guys below the the top 5 Shami to Ishant..what ever way you look at it from say a green mamba in SA to a national highway in Indian summer you can put the requisite fast bowling unit to try and do the Job, performance could be hit and miss but still you have the sheet in hand and back up in squad to designate roles and bench to come-in for injuries but not be over awed.

That was a special gift from Kapil Dev to Indian cricket. Block all young fast bowlers from coming anywhere close to Indian team to keep his place permanent. He single handedly spoilt many a career. He spoilt the best years of Javagal Srinath. That man should never be allowed to speak about Indian fast bowlers.

9 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Thats your opinion man. I don't see same. I watch a lot of cricket and to me your batsmen still beat your bowlers in quality. Which is why to me they are a bonus. Not many times our bowlers have the luxury of defending big totals as your bowlers do. Lets face it if you really were a great bowling line up you would be as strong as Australia of 2000s. But you are not. 

There's a difference between an opinion and fact. What I stated was a fact. 

23 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

That was a special gift from Kapil Dev to Indian cricket. Block all young fast bowlers from coming anywhere close to Indian team to keep his place permanent. He single handedly spoilt many a career. He spoilt the best years of Javagal Srinath. That man should never be allowed to speak about Indian fast bowlers.

i have heard this in many places the ego trip of bcci to get Kapil to top Hadlees record.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i have heard this in many places the ego trip of bcci to get Kapil to top Hadlees record.

Even before he could come close to Hadlee's record, he wouldn't let any quick bowler enter the team. Only military medium bowlers who were slower than Kapil were allowed.. Thats why you had Madan Lal, Binny, Sandhu and co bowling for India. Did you really think Indians didnt have a bowler who couldn't bowl in excess of 135? 

He never let Yograj Singh come, there was another fast bowler from Bihar, Randhir Singh. He was said to be quite quick ( atleast would have been in 135ish range min ), as my elder cousins had played against him. He even toured England in 80's and in 83 world cup,but Kapil did not let him play in any match.

13 hours ago, Pollack said:

Munaf was actually pretty good bowler. He cannot be compared with MOhanty.

he played big role in winning test series against England at home and then in WI in 2006 but was ill advised to slow down and result he is nowhere in the horizon now. Instead of working on his fitness, he is chose a shortcut of cutting down on pace. i had high hopes from him after those two test series that he can be our first real strike bowler after Kapil Dev because he had shown the attitude of a fast bowler, yorkers, bouncers, reverse swing, seam movement, ability to take wickets, had everything going for him. He for me is the biggest disappointment since I have been watching cricket.

43 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Even before he could come close to Hadlee's record, he wouldn't let any quick bowler enter the team. Only military medium bowlers who were slower than Kapil were allowed.. Thats why you had Madan Lal, Binny, Sandhu and co bowling for India. Did you really think Indians didnt have a bowler who couldn't bowl in excess of 135? 

He never let Yograj Singh come, there was another fast bowler from Bihar, Randhir Singh. He was said to be quite quick ( atleast would have been in 135ish range min ), as my elder cousins had played against him. He even toured England in 80's and in 83 world cup,but Kapil did not let him play in any match.

So what was this yograj singh story???