Which is India's best fast-bowling pair in ODIs?

puneet28

Shami and Bumrah are first 2 bowlers who avg below 25 in ODIs for India playing at same time. But they don't play many matches together.

Ideally Shami(24) Bumrah(22) Ishant (30) would be our best averaging set of bowlers playing together. Add Bhubneswar, Kuldeep and Chahal to the mix, these should be our best set overall with Ashwin and Jadeja as backup.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Though they didn't bowl together in too many matches but for me Srinath, Zak and Nehra in 2003 WC was the best Indian pace bowling attack in ODI's. All 3 were capable of picking wickets while being economical. 

The current pair of B's are probably the best death bowlers we have had and could go on to become our best pair if they improve their wicket taking abilities with the new ball. 

sri/zak/nehra were also quick. any one of them capable of giving a match winning spell. But ran into the Aussie team at its peak and weak kneed batting

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Shami and Bumrah are first 2 bowlers who avg below 25 in ODIs for India playing at same time. But they don't play many matches together.

Ideally Shami(24) Bumrah(22) Ishant (30) would be our best averaging set of bowlers playing together. Add Bhubneswar, Kuldeep and Chahal to the mix, these should be our best set overall with Ashwin and Jadeja as backup.

problem is we are not talking hypothetic scnearios, its based on actual pairs( not even triumvirates) that bowled together in ODI. exactly an area were we sucked in cricket for long before the recent B's.

20 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Why not name a bowling pairing of now?

dude like the entire indian fast bowling lineup, it starts right above your trundler Aamir, there is a class distinction. You can compare Aamir with Bhuv as they both are fast medium, but not the others they are fast bowlers. Some one like Shradul who bowled one game hit 148 --> fact.

14 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bowler to bowler, Indian pace attack is way better than Pakistan. Both in pace and in quality. Watch some cricket first and then come to debate

Thats your opinion man. I don't see same. I watch a lot of cricket and to me your batsmen still beat your bowlers in quality. Which is why to me they are a bonus. Not many times our bowlers have the luxury of defending big totals as your bowlers do. Lets face it if you really were a great bowling line up you would be as strong as Australia of 2000s. But you are not.