NADA at risk of losing affiliation if BCCI stays reluctant for cricketers' dope test, warns WADA

New Delhi: Board of Control for Cricket in India's (BCCI) repeated refusal to stay out the drug-testing regimen that all international athletes abide by is slowly and steadily turning into a threat for Indian sports and sportspersons.

Cricket'governingng body, International Cricket Council (ICC) is part of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the BCCI being a member of the former should thereby follow the WADA principles. So, the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) should dope-test every Indian cricketer.

http://www.timesnownews.com/sports/article/bcci-wada-nada-indian-cricketers/114440

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

Need to comply with drug testing. Everyone does. If Australia, England are doing it India should. No point of arguing something like this. This would be another DRS type setback.

They already do drug tests. Going with WADA isn't necessary. 

17 minutes ago, Khota said:

Need to comply with drug testing. Everyone does. If Australia, England are doing it India should. No point of arguing something like this. This would be another DRS type setback.

Anti doping policy is already in place. BCCI doesn't comply with WADA because of their whereabouts clause where they have to submit location of selected top players on daily basis and WADA can test them randomly any time. If WADA doesn't player at that location within 60 minutes of notice they get a strike, with 3 strikes in a year a player can be banned for 2 years and that's what happend to Russell. BCCI considers this breach of privacy and told ICC that they can make players available anytime within 48 hours and not 60 mins.

Rest any other process can be followed and is followed by BCCI.

31 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Anti doping policy is already in place. BCCI doesn't comply with WADA because of their whereabouts clause where they have to submit location of selected top players on daily basis and WADA can test them randomly any time. If WADA doesn't player at that location within 60 minutes of notice they get a strike, with 3 strikes in a year a player can be banned for 2 years and that's what happend to Russell. BCCI considers this breach of privacy and told ICC that they can make players available anytime within 48 hours and not 60 mins.

Rest any other process can be followed and is followed by BCCI.

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Olympic comittee does that too. Drug evasion with diuretics is very common. To have any faith in the sytem it is best to comply. Swimmers have to do it and most of olympic athletes do it too.

If you dont have an element of surprise testing is useless. Look at what Shane Warne did?

As far as privacy is concerned it is a weak arguement. Cricket players in India have no privacy to begin with. That is true of any football player or any other player.

trust me on this one. I have seen a lot and it is best to comply.

27 minutes ago, Khota said:

As far as privacy is concerned it is a weak arguement. Cricket players in India have no privacy to begin with. That is true of any football player or any other player.

trust me on this one. I have seen a lot and it is best to comply.

No it's not true. They have public life only when they want to. Apart from that spme cricketers are very private and only very few close ones know what they are doing. 

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

No it's not true. They have public life only when they want to. Apart from that spme cricketers are very private and only very few close ones know what they are doing. 

Anytime there are people on the street they start taking pictures. They advertise a lot so using pprivacy as an excuse is not legit. They need to comply.

Tour De France they keep the urine samples in freezer long after races are done so that they can go back and check. You want the game to clean and it is not fair if England players are subjected to random testing why should Indian players not be.

There is no point of testing if it is done at a specified period. Stop taking drugs. Get diuretcs. piss lot of water and you are done.

Surprise teating is done when they are not in training.

6 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

My friends were joking that a player from Bangalore would get 3 strikes easily after getting stuck in traffic.

I understand. It could be same day. Problemis athletes dont show up like the Irish swimmer and then they get banned.

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

wada is no saint either ,the way they went about the russian doping just before the olympics its pretty clear they are a political tool  ,if you dont comply i am sure tests will turn positive

Nobody is saint but they will not falsify results. If a test turns out positive you are free to go to another lab. No problem.

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

Anytime there are people on the street they start taking pictures. They advertise a lot so using pprivacy as an excuse is not legit. They need to comply.

Tour De France they keep the urine samples in freezer long after races are done so that they can go back and check. You want the game to clean and it is not fair if England players are subjected to random testing why should Indian players not be.

There is no point of testing if it is done at a specified period. Stop taking drugs. Get diuretcs. piss lot of water and you are done.

Surprise teating is done when they are not in training.

Yes, process wise it's necessary to have such random tests. But privacy point is valid too.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

India is a thoroughly corrupt nation and judging by BCCI acts of recent past, what makes you think that these tests are genuine? It can be manipulated to make it look like eveything is hunky dory. Do you really think if one of the STAR players tests positive then BCCI will be pleased at all when million of dollars are at stake? It is STAR that sells cricket in India..not the game mind you.

Clearly, something is fishy. BCCI knows it and that's why it is refusing to comply with NADA let alone WADA affiliated bodies. 

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Yes, process wise it's necessary to have such random tests. But privacy point is valid too.

You are 100% correct on privacy. you have a right to privacy and I have a right to privacy. Once you become a public figure unfortunately you have lost that right. No one wants to take a selfie with me because not only am I unknown I am ugly too. Same cannot be said of players.

Main question is why should Indian players not be subjected to the same rules that all International players have to. there is nothing special about them.

As far as manipulating the test these guys can piss in two bottles. One the Internationa authority can use and other wherever BCCI wants to. The sensitivity of these tests is real good. There is no way anyone can falsify or cheat.

For the  test to have any meaning they need to be random.

Can you imagine if BCCI tells Dhoni jee we will test you in three months time so please after the first month dont take steroids. In two months his piss would be as clear as mine.

Let us not argue just do it.

45 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

India is a thoroughly corrupt nation and judging by BCCI acts of recent past, what makes you think that these tests are genuine? It can be manipulated to make it look like eveything is hunky dory. Do you really think if one of the STAR players tests positive then BCCI will be pleased at all when million of dollars are at stake? It is STAR that sells cricket in India..not the game mind you.

Clearly, something is fishy. BCCI knows it and that's why it is refusing to comply with NADA let alone WADA affiliated bodies. 

It doesn't matter anyway. Cricket isn't an Olympic sport. Doping is anyway of no use in cricket.

28 minutes ago, Khota said:

Main question is why should Indian players not be subjected to the same rules that all International players have to. there is nothing special about them.

As far as manipulating the test these guys can piss in two bottles. One the Internationa authority can use and other wherever BCCI wants to. The sensitivity of these tests is real good. There is no way anyone can falsify or cheat.

For the  test to have any meaning they need to be random.

Can you imagine if BCCI tells Dhoni jee we will test you in three months time so please after the first month dont take steroids. In two months his piss would be as clear as mine.

Let us not argue just do it.

Steroids are of no use for cricketers. So they don't need to take them intentionally. Most cases of dope in cricket have been unintentional use or taken by mistake.

Edited by rkt.india
3 hours ago, Khota said:

Nobody is saint but they will not falsify results. If a test turns out positive you are free to go to another lab. No problem.

What happens WADA messes up players and wrongly tests them positive?

<a href=https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/20/mamadou-sakho-liverpool-positive-test-uefa-wada>Like this </a>

Wada is pretty incompetent organisation.

This is without even going how it willingly turned a blind eye to Russian doping for years.

Edited by BeautifulGame
20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Steroids are of no use for cricketers. So they don't need to take them intentionally. Most cases of dope in cricket have been unintentional use or taken by mistake.

Steroids are of use to every professional athlete. Ask Shane why he did it.