Who is a better cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar or M.S. Dhoni?

Bhavneet

The main reason why i feel that Dhoni is a better cricketer than Sachin is because he has effectively been a match winner for India  on many occassions despite his lack of batting talent not only against Sachin but also against the likes of Yucraj Singh etc. Dhoni has a lot of persevarance and is an acute judge of critical situations. Even though he is no longer india's captain, his behind the scenes contribution to the team currently is responsible for the strong position that India is in these days.

Forget SRT. Merchant, Hazare, Mankad, Bedi, Gavaskar, Vishy, Kapil, Vengsarkar, Kumble, Srinath, Dravid, Ganguly, VVS, Sehwag, Zak, Kohli and Ashwin are at least 2 tiers above Dhoni, these names are just from top of my head, there could be more. I wouldn't put the hack in my top 20 greatest Indian cricketers, forget being better than SRT LOL. Only Sunny and Kapil can be compared to SRT, rest all are clearly below him at the moment. Dhoni is over rated and simply not good enough to be even in an Indian ATG discussion, deal with it you muppets.  :bumsmack:

12 hours ago, Vilander said:

On topic. MS played for the team and won many championships. Sachin had great individual records in ODI. 

Vilander Bhai... beg to differ. Sachin carried the weight of the team on his shoulders. Cannot be equated with winning or not winning. I remember the chennai test against Pakistan. He brought the team to the threshold of victory, even with back injury. But the moment he got out, the whole team collapsed like a pack of cards. Is that Sachin's fault? 

This thing about Sachin being a choker is a Pakistani created frenzy because of their complex. Don't fall into that trap. Even as a captain, Sachin was very aggressive but couldnt find the right support from his team. Our team was very mediocre then. If he had the services of Srinath, Zaheer, Md Shami, Umesh Yadav with Kumble , I am telling you, he would have conquered the world. He never had any bowlers with him. And he has been blamed unnecessarily all these years

If I were to rate a cricketer my weightage would be:

1. 60% for test performances (may be a 45:55 split for home:away)

2. 20% for ICC CWC

3. 10% for combined CT+ WT20+ Asia Cup+tri nation/multi nation......

4. 7% for bilateral ODIs

5. 2% for domestic Ranji, Duleep, Irani etc

6. 1% for IPL

Based on my formula Dhoni doesn't cut it because he is a garbage test cricketer, pathetic in ICC tourneys, Asia Cup, tri nation etc.

Sachin is platinum standard in 1, 2, 4, 5 and good enough in 3, 6. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

2. 20% for ICC CWC

4. 7% for bilateral ODIs

6. 1% for IPL

Based on my formula Dhoni doesn't cut it because he is a garbage test cricketer, pathetic in ICC tourneys, Asia Cup, tri nation etc.

that gollums rating :p:

On 10/30/2017 at 1:41 PM, Gollum said:

2. 20% for ICC CWC

4. 7% for bilateral ODIs

6. 1% for IPL

How is Dhoni Garbage test cricketer. He is arguably the best Indian wicket keeper/bat ever in all formats.

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

How is Dhoni Garbage test cricketer. He is arguably the best Indian wicket keeper/bat ever in all formats.

+1. He is best wicketkeeper test player India has ever produced. Probably one of the best in world cricket just after Gilly/Sanga

Edited by mishra

lol- both played for personal milestones- 

dhoni's personal milestone was inflation of his bank balance- even if it meant Indian cricket going to the dogs 

Sachin did play for milestones- because the fans of the early 90s demanded it of him and we all thrived on this, can't blame him for giving the fans what they want

46 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

dhoni's personal milestone was inflation of his bank balance- even if it meant Indian cricket going to the dogs 

Sachin did play for milestones- because the fans of the early 90s demanded it of him and we all thrived on this, can't blame him for giving the fans what they want

Can't remember Dhoni running for a single in 50th over to complete his milestone like someone else. I like the way IND cricket went to dogs.. T20WC WC CB series #1 ODI T20 TEST CT2013.. hope many more of that in future. GOING TO DOGSSS 

Sachin played for milestone because he was worries about his Ads and himself. Fans want Trophies no one gives a * about his 100s I rather win a trophy with 99 out than his 100 and lose A.C.2012 

the majority of dhoni's LOI career was based around coming lower down the order when there weren't many runs left on the board and getting a 20*, 15 *, 32* etc and thus preserving a high statistical average. Once he realised the benefits of the phenomena of inflating your average with not outs he became addicted to it and elongated his career with it. He knew if he batted up the order, his technique with a number of holes in it would become exposed and his commercial viability reduced. In test cricket there is nowhere to hide as a team is obliged to bowl out the whole lineup and hence the gaping holes in his batting technique were brutally exposed. Dhoni is lucky that the world currently contains a large population that are too dumb to understand any of these intricacies, he knows most ppl are thick as sh*t and will fall for these tricks....he's probably reading these posts in his support and thinking "suckers"

3 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

45 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

the majority of dhoni's LOI career was based around coming lower down the order when there weren't many runs left on the board and getting a 20*, 15 *, 32* etc and thus preserving a high statistical average. Once he realised the benefits of the phenomena of inflating your average with not outs he became addicted to it and elongated his career with it. He knew if he batted up the order, his technique with a number of holes in it would become exposed and his commercial viability reduced. In test cricket there is nowhere to hide as a team is obliged to bowl out the whole lineup and hence the gaping holes in his batting technique were brutally exposed. Dhoni is lucky that the world currently contains a large population that are too dumb to understand any of these intricacies, he knows most ppl are thick as sh*t and will fall for these tricks....he's probably reading these posts in his support and thinking "suckers"

there are fanboys ,then there are rabid haters like this guy

59 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Nailed it bro, can't agree more and not to forget he is the biggest hypocrite on earth, left captaincy saying split captaincy don't  work but now himself splits it on the  ground in a live international match by unnecessarily interventions and dumb suggestuons