What is your ideal ODI line up?

We do need an off spinner too to tackle Left handed batsmen especially in India. We struggled against Munro, Latham, and Nicholas due to that. Need to give Jayant Yadav a go too or find some other off spinner. I don't see many in domestic. Our domestic is full of left arm spinners.

In my ideal line up there will 3 out and out fast bowlers for sure and 6 bowlers with 2 spinners... 2 off the 6 bowlers should be able to bat... One a batting older while other a batting... 

Rohit

Dhawan (asked to be agresser) 

Rahul 

Kohli ( yes for team sake in world cup) 

Pant (there is noone better at 5)

Hardik

Krunal

Bhuvi

Shami (he has still odi left) 

Bumrah

Chahal

Kuldeep, Siraj, Manish, Raina

In T20s,  Rohit should be made captain and he should bat at 4 like he does for Mi. Pant should open to take advantage if first 6.

Rahul

Pant

Kohli

Rohit

Raina

Pandya

Krunal

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Thampi

Chahal, Siraj, Manish, Dhawan

one solid batsman like Iyer, Rahul at no4

one hitter at no5 like pant etc..

I like Kedar. he is a good hitter. but he doesn't go ape Sh!t like a younger dhoni,David miller or ABDV or Yuvraj when the opportunity presents itself. thats my problem with him. he doesn't really make the opposition pay. Even Raina is better in that aspect. There are times when Raina used to make the opposition feel that all is lost if this guy stays around for another 2-3 overs during the death. 

if our no.4 and no.5 are all set then we are ready for 2019WC. 

there are 2 spots in the 16 member squad for spinners which will be b/w Jadeja,ashwin,kuldeep and chahal

as of now axar is out of question. why axar when you have Jadeja. 

Chahal is a compulsive pick and I don't mind if Jadeja is picked ahead of Ashwin in 2019WC squad

Chahal can be the lone spinner in games against subcontinental teams and on seaming wickets. Jadeja can be back up

I don't want Rahane at no.4 as he does not react well to pressure. 

ODIs -

1) Rohit / Rahul 

2) Dhawan / Rahul 

3) Kohli / Pandey

4) Rahul / Iyer

5) Hardik / Jadhav

6) Krunal / Shankar / / Gowtham 

7) Dhoni / Pant

8) Bhuvi / Siraj / Axar

9) Kuldeep / Siraj / Axar / Shami

10) Chahal / Kuldeep

11) Bumrah / Siraj / Shami

• If any of the openers are injured, open with Rahul. 
  • Kohli needs rest in some ODI, Pandey plays then.
  • Rotate between Rahul and Iyer at No.4.  Both can build an innings and hit big 6s.
  • Hardik, Shankar, Krunal Jadhav and Gowtham will be rotated as batting all-rounders at 5 and 6. Combination will depend partially on the pitch-type too... like  Hardik and Shankar in England, Hardik and Krunal / Jadhav / Gowtham on slow tracks.
  • Both Hardik and Kohli need to be rested when they are overworked.
  • Rotate Dhoni and Pant. Play Pant in dead rubber matches and against weak teams like SL, Zim, Bangladesh to get him ready.
  • Get Siraj ready by trying him in a few matches. He is a wicket-taker and can become a death-bowler with experience.
  • When 3 pacers are needed, like outside Asia, replace Kuldeep with Siraj or Shami.
  • This batting line-up has a solid top 4 ....  lots of big hitters from 4 to 7 .... six bowling options ... bowling all-rounder at 8 ....  option of choosing upto 5 pacers or upto 4 spinners based on the pitch .
  • When the name of the back-up is in bold, it means that either of the options may play based on the pitch type / playing conditions.

Edited by express bowling

I want 3 seamers...shami should be included in place of axar even on indian flat pitches like the last one. 2 spinners are only good for turning tracks.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Iyer/rahul

Raina

Dhoni

Pandya

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah

Chahal/kuldeep

Throw out manish/kedar/shardul/axar etc from squad. I know its harsh on them bcz they weren't bad at all but aren't match winners on their own either.

But we need exciting talents with higher ceiling to build squad.

Include siraj shanker sundar.

Kedar was a downgrade from raina in every aspect and same was axar to jaddu.

I might get crucified for this but I do think rahane should atleast be given one more series. Not all ODI pitches are true flat decks nor are all bowling attacks the same. I'd play this lineup

1.Rahane

2.Sharma

3.Rahul

4.Kohli

5. Pandey

6 .Pant

7. Jadeja

8. Shami

9.Bhuvi

10. Bumrah

11. Kuldeep

In a squad of 15, my other 4 players would be Umesh, Iyer,Dhawan,Ashwin.