Shubman Gill or P. Shaw --- who is better?

gakgupta

Well...

There was lot of hype about P. Shaw in ICF and everywhere. Probably he deserves all of that....But who do you think is better batsmen right now.. Gill or Shaw?

I followed U19's series with England to certain extent and i clearly noticed that Gill is head and shoulder above Shaw and every other batsmen from either side....He was playing like a champion batsmen....I am making this statement, not because he made 2 daddy centuries but his technique looked so right and made batting looked easy...

By making above statement, i am not undermining efforts of P. Shaw but only questioning the statement "P.Shaw is the brightest star of Indian cricket future". 

PS: S. Gill already got a call for Indian A team.

1 hour ago, NameGoesHere said:

Just a random thought looking at Shaw and Gill, these gun sportsmen all have what Hemingway memorably called machine gunner eyes, dead calm, still and flat.

Your description reminds me of Robin Uthappa - Assassin eyes - hardly ever saw him blink in close-ups on the batting crease.   A big contrast to Gangu, who was a blink a second...

10 minutes ago, Texan said:

Good to see that we have options among young players especially in the all important opener's slot.

for a while, openers in domestics did not figure prominently in the top Ranji scorers (mostly Nos. 3 and 4), but there have been quite a few in recent times. Panchal and Prashant Chopra last yr, Shaw and Mayank Agarwal this year have done well. In addition, Samarth has done well, and now we have Gill coming up through the ranks. Bista, a flashy batsman who'd disappeared for a while, also seems to be making something of a comeback with two tons.

7 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

I have a good feeling about Gill. Should be fast tracked. Shaw can be an accumulator but Gill will be your match winner. I'm going by the generic template of Mumbai vs Delhi cricketers. 

Shaw is not an accumulator. scores very fast on the whole.