One thing is definately clear : Loss to Pak in CT2017 is/will be the worst ever

3 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Tell you truth, if we play again with same team and attitude, we would still lose. 

Not if we bat first.Pakistan can't chase anything above 250 even against Lankan lallu trundlers.The decision to bowl first and play two spinners instead of Shami against a team like Pakistan who plays spinners well, were two of the biggest blunders ever in cricket.

That loss was bad for many reasons ...

An ICC trophy final, losing to Pak which wasn't a particularly good team, losing by a big margin, selection of Yuvi/Ash/Jaddu, Bumrah's no balls, crap batting by the top order, esp. Virat, Jaddu not sacrificing his wicket for Pandya, and finally Kohli joking around with Pak cricketers at the post match presentation, instead of maintaining a dignified silence after congratulating them.

Let us process this for a moment. After the squad was announced we thought we would get our ass kicked and come back. But Dhawan like a sleeping giant woke up for CT. He completely singlehandedly boosted the chances. We suddenly started becoming favorites to win with bowling step up. But we were well aware that our batting was top heavy. Let us also not forget we lost to a much inferior side Srilanka as well.  They effortlessly chased 300 plus against us. We did have lot of holes. But due to the nature of format we just had to eke out two wins to get through to next round where it is  a lottery.

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Let us process this for a moment. After the squad was announced we thought we would get our ass kicked and come back. But Dhawan like a sleeping giant woke up for CT. He completely singlehandedly boosted the chances. We suddenly started becoming favorites to win with bowling step up. But we were well aware that our batting was top heavy. Let us also not forget we lost to a much inferior side Srilanka as well.  They effortlessly chased 300 plus against us. We did have lot of holes. But due to the nature of format we just had to eke out two wins to get through to next round where it is  a lottery.

exactly. it was a crap team and remember all the fellows here saying we will get knocked out cold in the intial rounds, final was a bloody good outcome, wonder what would have happened if we played Eng in final lol..

I am here cause I read the cries of Indians. As the savior of Indian cricket I wanna say I feel proud Pakistan beat you guys in Champions Trophy. Because of our win players like Ashwin, and Jadeja got out of your team. In the next times defeat from us you will lose Dhoni. So my fellow Indians don’t cry the savior is here. 

Edited by Shaz1
2 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I am here cause I read the cries of Indians. As the savior of Indian cricket I wanna say I feel proud Pakistan beat you guys in Champions Trophy. Because of our win players like Ashwin, and Jadeja got out of your team. In the next times defeat from us you will lose Dhoni. So my fellow Indians don’t cry the savior is here. 

next we will meet in WC..lol are you sure.

Depressing memories because India lost to an utterly pathetic team. 9/10 times Indian reminds them of Niazi. Basically, India snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Pulled a Hillary. Looked terrible because of the magnitude but I think that reflects on the mindset of the players. Most got out playing shots. I don't think, the idea of defeat entered their mind until 7 down. 

Yes the loss hurts but then so did Afridi’s 2 6s But could quickly overcome that because within a month or so we kicked their asses as usual in the Wt20 opener.

This time we have to wait a little longer :((

Also we played defensive and mindless cricket...we should have been absolutely ruthless against Srilanka who are minnows now and who are on their way to be ranked below Afghanistan soon in the coming years .but we got a par score with a traditional approach on an absolute belter which gave them belief of chasing it down.

We played  a very one dimensional attack on a super flat pitch where we could have benefited with an off spinner given the lefties in Srilankan top order.

Then We did the exact opposite ..on a pitch and an opposition where we should have played our pace attack we went with 2 spinners and that too with finger spinners whom pak are traditionally strong against.

We pretty much gifted Pak the game who are known to be mental midgets while chasing by putting them in first on a sunny day....which every cricket expert pointed out....fair game to pak they cashed in and deserved to win.

but yes it hurts. Sure loss to Pakistan always  hurts but it hurt more because

ICC tournament finals against arch rivals obviously

We pretty much should have had the game in the bag given the difference in team

quality

The sub standard quality of this Pak

team

The amount of basic errors we made to basically gift them the match.

Edited by maniac