"I don't think I've come across a better cricketing brain" - Virat on Greybeard

sandeep

1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

What it looks like he shares personal relationship with Rohit, Dhawan and Dhoni. No wonder they get preferential treatments from him. How on earth you would bench Dhoni and play Pant, if you act like chaddi buddies with former captain. 

What wonders did pant do to even get near this squad ? Go check his recent stats... No one cares about him outside ICF. Hell Iyer got a spot in ODI team right away before him that says how much kohli rates Pant as a player. He is not there there. Glad Iyer was picked in 1st ODI. 

4 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

What wonders did pant do to even get near this squad ? Go check his recent stats... No one cares about him outside ICF. Hell Iyer got a spot in ODI team right away before him that says how much kohli rates Pant as a player. He is not there there. Glad Iyer was picked in 1st ODI. 

When did Iyer play ODI. No batsman has made debut under Dhoni for ODIs.

1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

When did Iyer play ODI. No batsman has made debut under Dhoni for ODIs.

My bad.. T20I I mean first time he was selected and he got in the playing XI right away. What do you mean no one made their debut under Dhoni ? The whole team leaving out one of two did debut under him. This is his squad that virat inherited. 

6 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

pant scored runs in domestic and IPL before he was selected.

1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

My bad.. T20I I mean first time he was selected and he got in the playing XI right away. What do you mean no one made their debut under Dhoni ? The whole team leaving out one of two did debut under him. This is his squad that virat inherited. 

I meant Kohli. My bad as well. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

pant scored runs in domestic and IPL before he was selected.

How many matches did he wait for debut ? He was selected for Odis as well. He never got in. He was dropped after disaster match on a patta where he struggled to put ball to bat. After that he had pretty bad Tri series and lot of single digits in recent matches. Looks like Kohli has more faith in Iyer than pant already... He got into playing Xi right away.

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

He is also no 1 fan of Sachin. 

Basically anyone who fetches him even more PR points is his favourite. :laugh:

You and your PR crap everytime... what ever he does and what ever he says its all about PR isn't it ? Can he have an opinion or not ?  will that be for PR as well :ahhhhh:

9 hours ago, puneet28 said:

His dedication towards fitness and diet. Being Punjabi myself, I can feel how tough it could have been for him to stay away from delicious food. Four years and he hasn't eaten Naan and Butter Chicken. That's superb!

Nothing wrong with Naan and Butter chicken as long as you can burn it off.