Whats the big deal with Siraj

G_B_

He had a great domestic run which likes of Vinnie and Pankaj have had in the past but he also stood out during IPL where he had the pace,the Yorkers and the bounce and was hitting 140s.

Yes seemed undercooked and out of rhythm today but clearly you could tell by the body language he was overawed by the occasion and emotional.

That is not an excuse though he better deliver fast enough and show what he has got or else he will join the huge walk of shame list we already have when it comes to trundlers.

Edited by maniac

23 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Reading some of the posts on ICF you would have thought he was the second coming of Malcolm Marshall.

I am not going to judge him on one game and i hope he proves me wrong but I dont see anything special about him. 

What did you expect from a bowler debuting on a patta in T20s? Give him a chance and he will come good.

He is a wicket taker in domestics and only time will tell if he can translate that to International cricket.

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Pace was down today indicating his lack of rytham, he was crossing 140k with ease in IPL, but we should stick with him.

:nice:

Needs to be backed and encouraged..

Kohli looked like a fish out of water in his first test series in the WI  but was backed.

Dhoni had just one 50+ score in his first 15 ODI innings but was backed.

T20 is toughest format to make a debut due to lack of time available for you, be it for batsman or a bowler. So not an ideal format  to make a debut but he should still feel lucky to be making debut. Whatever is available, you should take it and any game will only help Siraj improve as a bowler be it twentyto or 50 overs(though 50 overs is ideal). Unlucky to be starting in t20s, buy should be lucky that he got a chance ahead of many and that he is among the selectors consideration. He will only improve from here. Today he bowled some good deliveries too and showed signs of improved when he bowled some slower ones, but mostly he was too overwhelmed by the occasion. Not worrying though, too early to judge.

On 11/4/2017 at 2:25 PM, express bowling said:

:nice:

Needs to be backed and encouraged..

Kohli looked like a fish out of water in his first test series in the WI  but was backed.

Dhoni had just one 50+ score in his first 15 ODI innings but was backed.

It should be said that one knock by Dhoni was a big one though.