Virat Kohli protects MS Dhoni after victory, asks ‘why are you targeting him?’

SK_IH

“I don’t understand why people are pointing him out. If I fail as a batsman three times, no one is going to point fingers at me because I am not over 35. The guy is fit, he is passing all the tests. He is contributing to the team in every tactical way on the field. With the bat, he did really well against Sri Lanka and Australia,” said Kohli.

“In this series, he didn’t get much time to bat. You have to understand that the position he comes in to bat, even Hardik Pandya could not score in that game so why are we pointing out one man. Hardik as well got out in the last T20 in Rajkot. You are conveniently targeting one man which is not fair.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-vs-new-zealand-2017/virat-kohli-protects-ms-dhoni-after-victory-asks-why-are-you-targeting-him/story-7ZE8maZkoA3QzIAoPm388N.html

:popcorn: :biggrin1:

1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why does kohli support ? Kohli excellent brain knows he is dead wood . What reason ?

scared of public back lash ? Sacred of dhoni political powe friends ? Bussienss partners somewhere ?

i think does not want to be perceived as bad guy dumping dhoni . As Indian public generally not clued up and think dhoni is super man hero

Kohli is on huge PR drive since a year. Look at the players he praises over the top almost to an extent of being cringeworthy:

1) ABDV :. Has a massive fan following throughout the world

2)Amir :. As much we would not except but many including cricket experts and players themselves rate him among top 2 pace bowler along with Starc . He has a massive fan following in Pakistan. Kohli wants to tap subcontinent market as a global brand ambassador since goras are never going to be in awe of kohli in a way subcontinent people do. Asian Cricketers have their limitation as far as expanding their global image even more so than goras.

3) Dhoni :.  Dhoni again has a massive fan following in India. People regard him as a Superhero. Super captain.

4) Rohit :.  He too has a great reputation and sizeable fan following. He is rated highly by most cricket experts. 

55 minutes ago, beetle said:

This works best for kohli....wins , he gets credit.losses...dhoni takes the flak.:bebored:

LOL. It's other way round. Scroll through icf and social media and newspapers. When India wins dhoni gets credit, when loses kohli gets the flak. After CT final, it was only kohli who was getting the ire of public.

3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why does kohli support ? Kohli excellent brain knows he is dead wood . What reason ?

scared of public back lash ? Sacred of dhoni political powe friends ? Bussienss partners somewhere ?

i think does not want to be perceived as bad guy dumping dhoni . As Indian public generally not clued up and think dhoni is super man hero

Exactly. Especially after Anil Kumble saga he came out looking bad (im not sure what he did wrong but there was a huge uproar) and doesn't want to repeat the same mistake again.

Guys, Kohli has now got used to Dhoni captaining on field. Kohli himself struggles as LOI captain. See his record as RCB captain...

But Dhoni does supports in whichever way possible. Yesterday he agreed to bat down the order and saved crucial runs of that Bhumrah wide. That runout was good however he’s struggling to throw stumps down.
Spinners feel confident when he’s keeping.

Dhoni himself has to quit when he’s ready.

10 hours ago, beetle said:

Even bhuvi supported Dhoni in the PC:wall:

Waisay, what will the poor guy say if the captain fattu needs a helping hand.He will say what the captain wants.

This works best for kohli....wins , he gets credit.losses...dhoni takes the flak.:bebored:

Well if it wasn't for Dhoni that trudler ll be lost like vinay kumar. So kohli doesn't have to say anything to him. He knows who backed him when people asked him to thrown him out of the squad...