Is it just me, or is anyone else troubled by the round physiques of Indian cricketers?

Lala2790

Carrying on from the Rohit putting on the pounds Thread, it got me thinking that India have a long tradition of producing physically unfit and fat players.  Raina, Rohit, Sashin, Sehwag, Perkin Asherwin - they all looked like they tucked into a few Butter Chicken Burgers before going out to bat.

Gone are the days when fit and disciplined players like Dravid and Kumble played - and little coincidence they were world beaters.

Interested to discuss with Indian fans whether the fat shape of their cricketers bothers them?

15 minutes ago, Lala2790 said:

Carrying on from the Rohit putting on the pounds Thread, it got me thinking that India have a long tradition of producing physically unfit and fat players.  Raina, Rohit, Sashin, Sehwag, Perkin Asherwin - they all looked like they tucked into a few Butter Chicken Burgers before going out to bat.

Gone are the days when fit and disciplined players like Dravid and Kumble played - and little coincidence they were world beaters.

Interested to discuss with Indian fans whether the fat shape of their cricketers bothers them?

Is it just me, or is anyone else troubled by the round physiques of Indian cricketers? -- It's just you.

A lot of fatties across several countries have done very well in cricket over the years. Besides, Sachin cannot be called "physically unfit and fat" - both of these traits are more applicable to someone like Inzi. You also forgot to mention Yuvi in that list of names. There were times in his career when he was carrying several extra pounds.

Edited by Vijy

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else troubled by the round physiques of Indian cricketers? -- It's just you.

A lot of fatties across several countries have done very well in cricket over the years. Besides, Sachin cannot be called "physically unfit and fat" - both of these traits are more applicable to someone like Inzi.

Friend, where did I say being fat doesn't mean you could be a good cricketer?

And please, Sashin was pudgy.  There's no doubt he shoved a few Mars Bars down his pads when he walked out to bat

Just now, Shaz1 said:

They dropped there most fit couch like Kumble. He wanted them to be fit. So what do you expect? 

Yep, outstanding point Shaz.

Kumble wanted them doing sit-ups and squats while Ershwin and Rohit wanted to eat deep fried pakoras and consequently led the revolt that got Kumble sacked.

A pity as he had strong discipline; a trait lacking amongst the Indian team

3 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Kohli should become there fielding couch so he can pass on his knowledge of fitness. When he’s resting against weak teams he should be busy with them on the fielding. The best way to make Rohit a better chaser is to promise him if he wins the team the match he will get a whooper as a prize. 

:phehe:

Just make Rohit field at fine leg and tell him he is chasing a quarter-pounder when the ball nears him - he'll shed weight faster than a Lala century

Ohhh boy, nothing funnier than hearing about fitness from padosis whose own kaptaan is one of the worst fielders in the world.You are the same folks who call Afridi a 'shooper fielder' who cant bend to save to his own life.Just look at your U 19 boys field.Even kids in Indian mohallas field better than that.And about Sachin.He ran faster than your entire cricket eleven back in the days with slouches like Razak and Aali bhai.The only time Padosis would run is when they hear Biriyani.

Edited by Cricket_Fan

And Raina being unfit.I know that you are still sore at how he used to sodomize your lalloos everytime we met but this is cringeworthy.The only pakistani who could ever outrun Raina is the bloke who runs when Amreeki drones come after him.None of biriyani lalloos can even dream to field like him even in their dreams.

Edited by Cricket_Fan

55 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

And Raina being unfit.I know that you are still sore at how he used to sodomize your lalloos everytime we met but this is cringeworthy.The only pakistani who could ever outrun Raina is the bloke who runs when Amreeki drones come after him.None of biriyani lalloos can even dream to field like him even in their dreams.

:hysterical::rofl:

/\ Moderator, Its about time you either ban any Pakistani posters on the site or do a proper check before they are allowed such a free hand as this low grade from a third class family like Lala is being allowed to here. Please also feel free to delete their comments. They have been mostly just trolling. @beetle @rkt.india

Edited by Rightarmfast

16 minutes ago, beetle said:

:fish2:

Lalaji....keep it real or the thread is going to the jokes section.

Sure friend, will keep the Thread on track and ensure posters stick to the topic or I'll mash the button on them.

Point still stands though, there has been a strong recent history of overweight Indian players.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing; some of the best players (Inzi, Warne, Lehmann, Ijaz) were all a bit tubby.

However in the modern era, do others think this is acceptable?

9 hours ago, Lala2790 said:

What u talking about? Sehwag retired, Sachin retired... Ashwin was never the fittest, Raina - No longer a regular.... Kohli, Manish, Bumrah, Bhuvi are some of the fittest around. Dhoni too. 

9 hours ago, Lala2790 said:

Friend, where did I say being fat doesn't mean you could be a good cricketer?

And please, Sashin was pudgy.  There's no doubt he shoved a few Mars Bars down his pads when he walked out to bat

There were times when he was pudgy but he had enough fitness to bat long and to run hard between the wickets so he was fit enough for his era . 

This thread though has raised an important point. I think Rohit Sharma is very unfit and lazy and should be replaced by KL Rahul who is fitter and a batsman with much greater ability. However, other than him, none of the other cricketers are unfit in my opinion. Maybe Ashwin but his bowling and batting in tests more than make up for it. Anyway , a few extra pounds does not mean you're not fit. Yasir Shah for example is fat but he's probably the fittest in the Pakistani team . It's ironic coming from a Pakistani considering that Aamir,Sarfraz,Wahab,Usman, fixer sharjeel, etc. are all unfit and like I said apart from Rohit, Indian team is much fitter than Pakistani team on average. 

16 hours ago, Vijy said:

A lot of fatties across several countries have done very well in cricket over the years. Besides, Sachin cannot be called "physically unfit and fat" - both of these traits are more applicable to someone like Inzi. You also forgot to mention Yuvi in that list of names. There were times in his career when he was carrying several extra pounds.

Why are you getting baited by this high school dropout Kangaroo skunt who is pretending to be a greenbro? And badly at that?

8 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

This thread though has raised an important point. I think Rohit Sharma is very unfit and lazy and should be replaced by KL Rahul who is fitter and a batsman with much greater ability. However, other than him, none of the other cricketers are unfit in my opinion. Maybe Ashwin but his bowling and batting in tests more than make up for it. Anyway , a few extra pounds does not mean you're not fit. Yasir Shah for example is fat but he's probably the fittest in the Pakistani team . It's ironic coming from a Pakistani considering that Aamir,Sarfraz,Wahab,Usman, fixer sharjeel, etc. are all unfit and like I said apart from Rohit, Indian team is much fitter than Pakistani team on average. 

It is a particular pakistani trait ignoring their own failings and concentrating on indian ones

9 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Let's be realistic...even if Rohit balloons up to 300 lbs ...he will not b dropped...let's just make peace w/ that.