The Ashes 2017/18 | 23rd Nov onwards.

Lala2790

6 hours ago, Lala2790 said:

Wowee, a stickied Thread!!

Get around me friends; @RPSinghalong @beetle @Laaloo @Shaz1 @maniac @Cric Fan - your boy Lala2790 is moving up in the world :bow:

Congrates on your greatest achievement on ICF. As usual your understanding of cricket has earned you a top spot in the intelligent poster league. You deserve a medal for being the first Pakistani to reach this milestone on a Indian forum. May your family rejoice with you on this great ocassion. As you have made it big in India. Expect more fan following and autograph oppertunties.

Edited by Shaz1

Usman Khwaja is massively overrated. A bit of lateral movement and he is done for. Can only score on flat decks. However, I don't think Anderson has the pace to trouble any of their batsmen. Broad is the only bowler who might trouble the OZ batsmen if he is bowling at full tilt. On the other hand I think English batting will do better than they did last time since there's no threat of a genuine hit the deck bowler like Johnson. However, an attack of Hazelwood/Cummins/Starc/Lyon should still win them the series 5-0. 

We're all resigned to the inevitable thrashing here, well most of us are anyway. The Brexiteers are still confident, telling us realists to "stop talking the country down", just like they do when anyone questions them on the car crash of leaving the EU. 

Not looking forward to waking up on the cold, dark winter mornings to tales of woe from down under. Fortunately I can't watch as I don't subscribe to the BT Sports channel who will be showing the games.

Looking forward to the NZ tour later in the winter which ideally would be a closer series, but I expect our little flowers will be mentally shot by then. Shame we can't just sack off the Ashes, hand the Convicts the urn without having to go through the pain, and have a full winter in NZ.

Edited by YCCC
34 minutes ago, YCCC said:

We're all resigned to the inevitable thrashing here, well most of us are anyway. The Brexiteers are still confident, telling us realists to "stop talking the country down", just like they do when anyone questions them on the car crash of leaving the EU. 

Not looking forward to waking up on the cold, dark winter mornings to tales of woe from down under. Fortunately I can't watch as I don't subscribe to the BT Sports channel who will be showing the games.

Looking forward to the NZ tour later in the winter which ideally would be a closer series, but I expect our little flowers will be mentally shot by then. Shame we can't just sack off the Ashes, hand the Convicts the urn without having to go through the pain, and have a full winter in NZ.

loosing Ben must have been below the belt..he is pretty much irreplaceable with bat and can always turn in one game winning performance with the ball.. But there is no Pattinson just Starc/Cummins and Hazelwood..lol

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

lol how we would love that...but it will be fun to watch..

His slow fade to black has begun.   He looked vulnerable against Shami.  On Indian tracks that were on the slower side.  Its not his fault.  Reflexes slow down with age, its inevitable.   I always laugh when I see those extrapolations of Cook batting at basically near-peak or better levels, for another 4-5 years.   He'll be lucky to last another 2 in international cricket.  Sure, the runflation in cricket means its getting easier to score, especially against 2nd tier countries like SL, WI etc, but I expect him to do badly right now.   I'll go out on a limb and predict a sub-30 avg for him this ashes, with better than even odds for a sub-20 avg.  

2 hours ago, YCCC said:

Reading that BBC report on Pomnishambles was an eye opener.  Sure Johnson was running rampant, but the lack of fight shown, and admitted to by the England camp is quite disappointing.  If that was my team talking like that, it would be disheartening.