How India eats - Veg & Non Veg

BeautifulGame

26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

these animals like chicken, cow, fish, pig exist because humans eat them. They breed them for food. Otherwise, they would have been diminished by now like those wild animals people dont eat.  Anything that people need will exist.   

I hope you don't mean that slaughtering what humans breed is better than slaughtering what human don't breed.

9 hours ago, nikred said:

As a guy from Telangana, no wonder I used to be confused when I heard people say that most Indians are vegetarians.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Lol yeah...

I was vegetarian for a year and I literally saw hell. When I finally decided I had enough my mom cooked gongura royyalu (prawns in gongura). When I mixed it in rice and ate my first mouthful, I vividly remember that I have teared up a bit. My DNA cried to me "this is who you are don't ever play those vegetarian games with us again". :P

6 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Lol yeah...

I was vegetarian for a year and I literally saw hell. When I finally decided I had enough my mom cooked gongura royyalu (prawns in gongura). When I mixed it in rice and ate my first mouthful, I vividly remember that I have teared up a bit. My DNA cried to me "this is who you are don't ever play those vegetarian games with us again". :P

My daughter feels the same way about prawns.When she is eating them , her eyes dance and sing.

Lol yeah...
I was vegetarian for a year and I literally saw hell. When I finally decided I had enough my mom cooked gongura royyalu (prawns in gongura). When I mixed it in rice and ate my first mouthful, I vividly remember that I have teared up a bit. My DNA cried to me "this is who you are don't ever play those vegetarian games with us again".

Wow a year. I was vegetarian for 1.5 months and that was enough for me to go crazy. But I craved more for egg than meat during that period.

32 minutes ago, nikred said:

Wow a year. I was vegetarian for 1.5 months and that was enough for me to go crazy. But I craved more for egg than meat during that period.

Most eggs from poultry farms are unfertilized and hence do not produce chicks. They can be considered veg.:p:

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

these animals like chicken, cow, fish, pig exist because humans eat them. They breed them for food. Otherwise, they would have been diminished by now like those wild animals people dont eat.  Anything that people need will exist.   

Thats the western view, the world is for human consumption, exploitation. Our view has always been different, we have the notion of animal rights, earth rights , nature rights. 

1 hour ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Lol yeah...

I am suprised, its so easy to be a vegetarian especially in India. So many food variety.

Outside India, particular places where English is not native language, its so difficult. There are many vegetarians have whi turn to non-veg due to the lack of food options.

11 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I am assuming you have been living under a rock. Eating veggies without doing any research? I have done enough research on this manner. Rather they feel more pain or none is irrelevant. Fact is you are eating a living being rather you are eating plants or meat. You can’t sit there and believe you are pure when facts go against your logic. 

So it should be easy for you to cite a scientific article that states plants feel pain. 

response to stimuli != pain/pleasure. And yes, as a devout meat-eater, i have no problems admitting that eating a living organism incapable of feeling pain, is a much more human thing than eating something that feels pain. 
However, i don't consider this 'humane-ness' necessary except in small doses, as the entire point nature illustrates very well, is that the natural order of things is to victimize other species for the gain of one's own species. 

4 hours ago, someone said:

Thats the western view, the world is for human consumption, exploitation. Our view has always been different, we have the notion of animal rights, earth rights , nature rights. 

Our view is not just the view of hinduvta or buddhists and jains. 

Lokayata has always been the most popular form of belief system in Indian history and they are A-ok with natural exploitation. So were the Charvakas. 

The world is for exploitation of a species as capable as exploiting it. That is the empirical evidence of the natural world, bereft of any ideological tilts.

On 11/9/2017 at 9:46 AM, chewy said:

Looks like an east west divide, maybe being bordered to pakistan makes Indian more adamant being veggies, lol

but I don't think this graphic gives true picture of situation, even though higher percentage eat meat in south and east, the quantity consumed is probably negligible, example eating meat only few times a year on holidays or special occasions

how do you say that ? 

i have known friends and their family who eat meat on most days lol..its pretty common at least in TN to see kids bring meat to school everyday..what are you talking about ? 

Edited by Vilander

5 hours ago, someone said:

I am suprised, its so easy to be a vegetarian especially in India. So many food variety.

Outside India, particular places where English is not native language, its so difficult. There are many vegetarians have whi turn to non-veg due to the lack of food options.

Agree, I was one of those who became non veg in NA due to being lazy and tired of looking for veg food. Back in India, I didnt feel like eating non veg for 2 years. People craving for meat in India , I feel they crave for the cuisine, the base , the masala, the veg food you get in India is equally palatable as the meat alternative.

In TN only some of bramins( iyer/iyengar) and certain hindu casts like saiva vellalar/pillai/mudhaliar ( <3-4% ) are vegetarian, rest are all NV, even in the veg folks most current gen eat poultary/fish. The percentage of red meat eaters though if they did a research will be lower as thats really restricted to lamb/goat/pork..some fringe beef but limited.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

how do you say that ? 

i have known friends and their family who eat meat on most days lol..its pretty common at least in TN to see kids bring meat to school everyday..what are you talking about ? 

Oh come on stop giving me this BS, "I know friends and family..." Blah blah nonsense

Firstly the majority all across India including south are still poor and daily consumption of meat is expensive, even for Muslims, if not special occasion but limited to once a week

only a tiny minority upper middle class income group who are non-veggies consume meat on daily basis 

its no surprise indians have one of the lowest nutritional intake in the world with a lot of stunted growth

33 minutes ago, chewy said:

Oh come on stop giving me this BS, "I know friends and family..." Blah blah nonsense

Firstly the majority all across India including south are still poor and daily consumption of meat is expensive, even for Muslims, if not special occasion but limited to once a week

only a tiny minority upper middle class income group who are non-veggies consume meat on daily basis 

its no surprise indians have one of the lowest nutritional intake in the world with a lot of stunted growth

what ever man. you are the one spewing some insinuated BS, are you even from south India lol. giving generalizations , let them be poor what difference does that make to the type of food they eat when they have enough money to eat ?, in marina they will eat crow biryani haha.. this has got nothing to do with nutritional intake stunted growth etc its percentage of folks who eat non veg food vs veg food.  I have seen ST koravas hunt and eat squirrels arnt they non vegetarian lol and would the squirrel meat provide all the nutrition ?

folks who eat any variety of food that is balanced and has all the nutrients will not be stunted these two are not related.

2 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

I used to think like that too in the past, but not anymore.

Iska matlab...hum jayenge Narak and aap jaaoge Swarag :angel:

Not really, just me showing some “mu phat attitude” lol.

I am no sane either man. Vegetarian doesn’t make me sane as even cows are tortured to produce milk etc and unless I was a vegan which I am not, I can’t say I am a sane person.  We all are equally bad. I mean you meat eaters are a little more bad than me :giggle: