Ishan Porel - new fast bowler from India (just 19 year old)

rkt.india

29 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Why can't India produce a bowler like Hazlewood/Ryan Harris who can hit the seam consistently all through the day? Starc may be the premium pacer but Hazlewood and Harris type bowlers win them matches.. bowl at 140 consistently with great discipline.

India already has Shami who consistently hits that seam and is pretty accurate. Starc can play the role of the enforcer something that Johnson did for them in the Ashes . Starc when on song can take the pitch out of the equation and run through line ups while Hazlewood is steady and can bowl that nagging line and length while bowling at a decent pace. Starc and Hazlewood are a very good pair who complement each other. Can't compare Harris to Hazlewood. Ryano was in a different class. He was a beast, a tank who demolished opponents. 

Edited by Mosher
43 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Why can't India produce a bowler like Hazlewood/Ryan Harris who can hit the seam consistently all through the day? Starc may be the premium pacer but Hazlewood and Harris type bowlers win them matches.. bowl at 140 consistently with great discipline.

Because Indian pitches are not made to do that. To bowl like that, you need to have some bounce in the pitches so that edges can carry.  anyway, it is the fast bowlers that make cricket exciting and not someone who bowls line and length.

Edited by rkt.india
7 minutes ago, Mosher said:

India already has Shami who consistently hits that seam and is pretty accurate. Starc can play the role of the enforcer something that Johnson did for them in the Ashes . Starc when on song can take the pitch out of the equation and run through line ups while Hazlewood is steady and can bowl that nagging line and length while bowling at a decent pace. Starc and Hazlewood are a very good pair who complement each other. Can't compare Harris to Hazlewood. Ryano was in a different class. He was a beast, a tank who demolished opponents. 

To add to that, Bumrah is also a hit-the-deck pacer who gets consistent seam movement with bounce and is accurate.

36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Lalit is bowling 135-142k range here for sure. Porel was quicker, easily exceeding 145K on his bouncers, reminded me of Cummins bowling at Dharmshala, very similar pace.

In yesterday's spells, Porel would most probably touch 142 k / 143 k under Ranji speed-guns and 145 k / 147 k  under international speed guns 

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Ryan Harris was not always that. He used to pitch it fuller and reverse the ball as well and bowled at a very high pace at times. Ideally you need someone who is around 6'5" with long levers and a high arm action + maintaining minimum extension at the crease to get consistently good bounce. Except Ishant , I can't think of any bowler who is that tall to begin with. But yes we need a couple of these kinds bowlers in tests to be successful.

People who are saying that he is bowling 130s or high 130s. Let me tell them, I have seen most of the domestic cricket shown live on TV or hotstar in last one year. I have seen Sangwan clocking 146, Thampi clocking 145, Aniket clocking 144, Nathu Singh clocking 142-143, Siraj clocking around 135-140, Warrier around 135-140, and bowling from Porel was probably the quickest of them all.  Last bowler, I remember making the domestic batsmen jump and hop like this was Aaron in 2011. Sangwan clocked one ball at 146K, while Porel bowled plenty of similar deliveries in 47 overs he bowled.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

People who are saying that he is bowling 130s or high 130s. Let me tell them, I have seen most of the domestic cricket shown live on TV or hotstar in last one year. I have seen Sangwan clocking 146, Thampi clocking 145, Aniket clocking 144, Nathu Singh clocking 142-143, Siraj clocking around 135-140, Warrier around 135-140, and bowling from Porel was probably the quickest of them all.  Last bowler, I remember making the domestic batsmen jump and hop like this was Aaron in 2011. Sangwan clocked one ball at 146K, while Porel bowled plenty of similar deliveries in 47 overs he bowled.

I guess we'll have to wait till we get a speed recording.