Ishan Porel - new fast bowler from India (just 19 year old)

rkt.india

Ishan is well known for his pace in the Maidan (The capital of Bengal cricket).He is physically not that

well built but bowls fast.Certainly 140+ but I'm not sure about 150kph.Ganguly rates him highly and he

likes bowlers with pace.He was the reason Aaron got picked in KKR though din't played much for the

franchise.I'd love to see Ishan on a decent speedgun.

Ishan is well known for his pace in the Maidan (The capital of Bengal cricket).He is physically not that
well built but bowls fast.Certainly 140+ but I'm not sure about 150kph.Ganguly rates him highly and he
likes bowlers with pace.He was the reason Aaron got picked in KKR though din't played much for the
franchise.I'd love to see Ishan on a decent speedgun.
Lol.No.

He isnt know for his pace.Rsther he is known for his ability to seam the ball.He bowled wonderfully on the newly laid pitch at eden for his club.

I know exactly how this hype of him being quick came up.
28 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lol.No.

He isnt know for his pace.Rsther he is known for his ability to seam the ball.He bowled wonderfully on the newly laid pitch at eden for his club.

Did you even watch him bowl in this game? If that isn't fast then nothing is. Hype would have been if we hadnt seen him. Now we have seen him bowl and he was just too quick to handle. This was one of the quickest bowling I have seen in Indian domestic cricket And I have seen Sangwan, Thampi, Nathu clicking 142-145k.

Edited by rkt.india
42 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lol.No.

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Did you even watch him bowl in this game? If that isn't fast then nothing is. Hype would have been if we hadnt seen him. Now we have seen him bowl and he was just too quick to handle. This was one of the quickest bowling I have seen in Indian domestic cricket And I have seen Sangwan, Thampi, Nathu clicking 142-145k.

My impression is that Porel has added pace in the last few months. Happens to teenagers.

He was a bouncy fast-medium the last time I saw him but bowled real quick yesterday.  His arm-rotation speed and effort while bowling seem to have increased.

That maybe the reason for this difference of opinion.

Edited by express bowling
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My impression is that Porel has added pace in the last few months. Happens to teenagers.

He was a bouncy fast-medium the last time I saw him but bowled real quick yesterday.  His arm-rotation speed and effort while bowling seem to have increased.

That maybe the reason for this difference of opinion.

Maybe but even 140-145 is great pace for a 19 year old and his yesterday's bowling certainly reached that pace. He going to get quicker.

@Malcolm Merlyn saying he bowled 135k. Dont we know what is 135kph and what is 145? 

Edited by rkt.india
42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Maybe but even 140-145 is great pace for a 19 year old and his yesterday's bowling certainly reached that pace.

I won't be surprised if  his fastest ball yesterday was quicker than that.     ( if  3 speed-guns or high-speed cameras were in use like international games )

Edited by express bowling

I was saying the same thing      : )

MM may have a different impression if he saw him bowl a few months back .... and the both of you are right.
Porel was hyped to be quick as he comes from the background of being a kabaddi player so people thought that with that upper body strength he would be quick.He was not.But what surprised people was his ability to seam the ball, a very rare talent in India.
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

MM may have a different impression if he saw him bowl a few months back .... and the both of you are right.

MM was saying he bowled 135. Don't we know what 135 looks like on Indian pitches.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Porel was hyped to be quick as he comes from the background of being a kabaddi player so people thought that with that upper body strength he would be quick.He was not.But what surprised people was his ability to seam the ball, a very rare talent in India.

But he is anyway quick. Why are not you accepting. He retired hurt a set top order batsman yesterday hitting him twice flush on the helmet.  Seaming the ball is no talent. It all depends on pitch. Even Stuart binny, vinay kumar, mohit sharma seam the ball on a favorable pitch.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lol.No.

I don't post just for the sake of hyping someone.I said what I know and he is known for his pace.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I saw Porel a few months back and he was not quick but fast-medium.

But yesterday, he was bowling with genuine hostile pace .... his action has definitely improved in the meantime.

Check his ball-by-ball overs on hotstar and you would enjoy it     : )

1 minute ago, ShebbySB said:

I can't say whether he is 150 kph or not.But if u watch him bowl u can easily feel that he has got pace.

Watching him on a speedgun will give u a measure of his pace but u don't need it to understand he has

got something rare which is ability to bowl quick.

Yes, even if you don't know his exact pace, seeing him bowl, you know he is bowling quick.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

MM was saying he bowled 135. Don't we know what 135 looks like on Indian pitches.

I don't know whether it was a case of  Porel hitting good rhythm yesterday  ( like Bumrah did in CT17 and touched 148 k or 147 k every match  ) .... but he was way quicker than 135 k yesterday (    if international match speed measuring devices were present  )     : )

guys please calm down with the excitement, it's good to see a potential talent, another thing to completely go off the charts with the excitement. Let him come under a speed gun then, let's make the presumptions, lets not forget the height & action allows him to naturally get more bounce than others..