Jump to content
rkt.india

Ishan Porel - new fast bowler from India (just 19 year old)

Recommended Posts

Just now, beetle said:

Bechara.....already so much hype.

If he bowls 140 in the next match..people will se , yeh to trundler nikla.:bebored:

or 136-138 for that matter...if he bowls well at 138 he is still a good prospect..but hehe this hype will make him crash.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

guys bowling 136k is bloody quick and it take a toll on body and effort. for a 19 year old it must be pretty difficult. if he hits 140 he is a very good prospect .

 

In domestic FC ( 4-day or 5-day games ) , the fastest ball I have ever seen is 145 k by Aaron.

 

Same bowler bowled 150 k a month later in a test match.

 

Ishant could not cross 138 k in the last Duleep Trophy game but bowls 145 k in tests.

 

Hitting 140 k in domestic FC is quite special indeed.      : )

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

guys bowling 136k is bloody quick and it take a toll on body and effort. for a 19 year old it must be pretty difficult. if he hits 140 he is a very good prospect ( something like thampi..who is 4 years older).

If it comes naturally to him, then there won't be any problem. Pace is mostly natural. If you have those fast twitch fibers then doesn't matter whether you are 19 or 25. Only thing is to manage the work load at a young age to avoid back stress fractures which are inevitable for genuine pacers. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

guys bowling 136k is bloody quick and it take a toll on body and effort. for a 19 year old it must be pretty difficult. if he hits 140 he is a very good prospect ( something like thampi..who is 4 years older).

That is true. Plus after few years, you are bound to get fast if your muscles are developing the right way and that you are bowling regulaly like that till age 24-25. A lot of bowlers increase their pace around 24 years of age. So these players have lot of time in hand, they just got to keep bowling to keep that rhythm going and have the muscle moving and shoulders running. 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Vilander said:

or 136-138 for that matter...if he bowls well at 138 he is still a good prospect..but hehe this hype will make him crash.

Good thing is he doesn't know about this hype because it's ICF so it won't affect him. :p:

 

Though sometime back he had 150 written in his Instagram profile. I didn't at all believe that he could this quick but now after seeing him, he is going to be 150 if not now then in next year's if he stays fit.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Good thing is he doesn't know about this hype because it's ICF so it won't affect him. :p:

 

Though sometime back he had 150 written in his Instagram profile. I didn't at all believe that he could this quick but now after seeing him, he is going to be 150 if not now then in next year's if he stays fit.

google his name & your thread shows up on 1st page. lol

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

avoid back stress fractures

exactly Aaron is also naturally fast, but there are parts of his body which can not take the load like his back..we see this amoung Aussie quicks as well..but they can heal like Cummins and Aaron they both have come back and bowled super quick.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Good thing is he doesn't know about this hype because it's ICF so it won't affect him. :p:

 

Though sometime back he had 150 written in his Instagram profile. I didn't at all believe that he could this quick but now after seeing him, he is going to be 150 if not now then in next year's if he stays fit.

good on all accounts, wish him well want to see him hit 150 as well..

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Vilander said:

no idea, cant tell with the videos. where did you see the akthar like hyper extention. 

Around the 26 second mark of the first video. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Don't need speed gun to see if a bowler is quick or not.

Mulghanta Bhai kahaan ho aap, eye speed guns not allowed, don't trust your eyes, nose ,ears, it's all chal kapat, n how dare u believe what you see Rkt Bhai, Mulghanta where r you!!!!!!!

Edited by MCcricket

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Don't get hype for Munaf. Fastest he bowled was 145 which Nehra, Zak, Agarkar all had bowled multiple times.

Munaf had a slightly slingy action n he is quite tall, got bounce awkwardly n reverse conventional swing when in his prime, he was very promising but Greg got to him, wanted to make him next Mgrath.

Share this post


Link to post

The most important thing about his bowling was how he came back on the second day after an ordinary debut first day. He was the the most economical bowler among all Bengal bowlers. He had conceded 70 odd runs on first day without a wicket bowling around 25 overs, but second day he bowled 19 overs conceding 60 odd runs and picking up four wickets, still maintained pace even after 40 overs. Bengal picked 9 wickets for 214 runs on second day, four by him.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MCcricket said:

The fastest I have seen someone bowl in domestics n compared to fast spells in Int cricket was Aaron, n it was pace like fire, BATSMEN were felled like nine pins n looked like dummies, his fastest in that spell was 153 k

he wasn't much slower yesterday than Aaron.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

fastest i have seen in domestic 1st class matches is 143 by aaron and umesh ,i recall ishant's ranji debut he was bowling  124-133 and did pretty well ,yo mahesh was a touch faster than him in that match .in another match that same season ishant touched 138.

i have seen 147 and 153 by Aaron in 2011.

Share this post


Link to post

Why can't India produce a bowler like Hazlewood/Ryan Harris who can hit the seam consistently all through the day? Starc may be the premium pacer but Hazlewood and Harris type bowlers win them matches.. bowl at 140 consistently with great discipline.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

fastest i have seen in domestic 1st class matches is 143 by aaron and umesh ,i recall ishant's ranji debut he was bowling  124-133 and did pretty well ,yo mahesh was a touch faster than him in that match .in another match that same season ishant touched 138.

 

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

ohk. First class yes, never seen any one clocking over 143K

 

Fastest I have seen in domestic  FC ( 4 day or 5 day )

 

145 k by Aaron

 

143 k by Nathu

 

142 k by Umesh, Shami, Bumrah and Shardul

 

141 k by Siraj and Sangwan

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Why can't India produce a bowler like Hazlewood/Ryan Harris who can hit the seam consistently all through the day? Starc may be the premium pacer but Hazlewood and Harris type bowlers win them matches.. bowl at 140 consistently with great discipline.

the coaches didnt teach hit the deck bowling ,dont know what they do now.

 

in ind the spinners bowl a lot in middle overs so the job of the pacers is to use the new ball and then hand it over to the spinners and then come back for reverse swing ,in aus pacers have to bowl most of the time, thats where you need to hit the deck when there are no newballs or reverse on offer.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Why can't India produce a bowler like Hazlewood/Ryan Harris who can hit the seam consistently all through the day? Starc may be the premium pacer but Hazlewood and Harris type bowlers win them matches.. bowl at 140 consistently with great discipline.

India already has Shami who consistently hits that seam and is pretty accurate. Starc can play the role of the enforcer something that Johnson did for them in the Ashes . Starc when on song can take the pitch out of the equation and run through line ups while Hazlewood is steady and can bowl that nagging line and length while bowling at a decent pace. Starc and Hazlewood are a very good pair who complement each other. Can't compare Harris to Hazlewood. Ryano was in a different class. He was a beast, a tank who demolished opponents. 

Edited by Mosher

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Why can't India produce a bowler like Hazlewood/Ryan Harris who can hit the seam consistently all through the day? Starc may be the premium pacer but Hazlewood and Harris type bowlers win them matches.. bowl at 140 consistently with great discipline.

Because Indian pitches are not made to do that. To bowl like that, you need to have some bounce in the pitches so that edges can carry.  anyway, it is the fast bowlers that make cricket exciting and not someone who bowls line and length.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mosher said:

India already has Shami who consistently hits that seam and is pretty accurate. Starc can play the role of the enforcer something that Johnson did for them in the Ashes . Starc when on song can take the pitch out of the equation and run through line ups while Hazlewood is steady and can bowl that nagging line and length while bowling at a decent pace. Starc and Hazlewood are a very good pair who complement each other. Can't compare Harris to Hazlewood. Ryano was in a different class. He was a beast, a tank who demolished opponents. 

 

To add to that, Bumrah is also a hit-the-deck pacer who gets consistent seam movement with bounce and is accurate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i would rather watch someone bowl fast and get smashed than someone bowling within himself and being an economical type bowler, though most wont like it.

true. even hitting genuine pace takes some ability from batsmen.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ishan Porel has looked distinctly quicker than Lalit Yadav in this match .... and Lalit is pacy too.

Lalit is bowling 135-142k range here for sure. Porel was quicker, easily exceeding 145K on his bouncers, reminded me of Cummins bowling at Dharmshala, very similar pace.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Lalit is bowling 135-142k range here for sure. Porel was quicker, easily exceeding 145K on his bouncers, reminded me of Cummins bowling at Dharmshala, very similar pace.

 

In yesterday's spells, Porel would most probably touch 142 k / 143 k under Ranji speed-guns and 145 k / 147 k  under international speed guns 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×