Ishan Porel - new fast bowler from India (just 19 year old)

rkt.india

28 minutes ago, nsareen said:

guys please calm down with the excitement, it's good to see a potential talent, another thing to completely go off the charts with the excitement. Let him come under a speed gun then, let's make the presumptions, lets not forget the height & action allows him to naturally get more bounce than others..

Manpreet gony is 6 feet 4. Bowls 135kph. Ever saw him bowl like this?

26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Manpreet gony is 6 feet 4. Bowls 135kph. Ever saw him bowl like this?

your sample is too short, there are videos of him bowling in england, mumbai with U19s , but dint look like english batsmen were trembeling under fear, moreover he went over 6-7 economy, so let him get under a speed gun, to make these claims, else you'll be the first one to get disappointed..

Also a question to be asked is why would Dravid not recommend him for Asia Cup in Malasia, he seems to be dropped after the England series, that's not a confidence booster. 

On the other hand he did really well in the Inter Zonal Vinoo Mankad U19 series , one of the top wicket takers. I myself was vocal in one of the other threads that he should be the 3rd seamer after Nagarkoti / Mavi instead of the slow medium Vidarbha Bowler and when he go his chances he wasnt that economical. But in the recent home series he has been on fire, so i like the guy, but i would not jump to sensationalist claims just yet

Edited by nsareen