Waqar bowling pies

bhakum20

Check this link:

This supposed phhaasshhhttt baller is bowling 70mph pies, how is he getting wickets?! He wasn’t one of the most intelligent bowlers going around.

But the point is, why hasn’t Bhuvi who is a better swing bowler and who bowls slightly faster at 82-85mph been able to destroy lineups like this? In fact, why haven’t indian pacers been able to produce spells like this even though they’re faster and are good swing bowlers?

I was also watching old spells of McGrath, Lee, steyn etc and they’re not that rapid, between 135-140kph, but still able to produce game changing spells. It’s a mystery as to what our bowlers lack.

4 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

Check this link:

This supposed phhaasshhhttt baller is bowling 70mph pies, how is he getting wickets?! He wasn’t one of the most intelligent bowlers going around.

But the point is, why hasn’t Bhuvi who is a better swing bowler and who bowls slightly faster at 82-85mph been able to destroy lineups like this? In fact, why haven’t indian pacers been able to produce spells like this even though they’re faster and are good swing bowlers?

I was also watching old spells of McGrath, Lee, steyn etc and they’re not that rapid, between 135-140kph, but still able to produce game changing spells. It’s a mystery as to what our bowlers lack.

1. Indian bowler picking wickets at similar speed

2. Why Indian bowlers don't pick wickets - they aren't accurate. Accuracy of so called "accurate medium pacers" is worse than Lee, Akhtar and other fast bowlers. 

3. Steyn bowls in 130 in swinging conditions. He was averaging 140 in UAE. He puts exrta effort to utitlise reverse swing or on flat pitches.

@Mosher  @Rightarmfast  @rkt.india  @Vilander  @MultiB48

Waqar bowling 77 mph to 82 mph in the OP.

He is 29 years at this time and not old at all

Just 3 years back, in the video we saw in the  " Thommo thread "  ..... without speed-guns in use , the commentators were saying that he was bowling 100 mph.  

Edited by express bowling

Oh please, did you have to put up the great Bangladesh batting lineup for comparison. Waqar is one of the all time greats, who is this binny?

anyway, my point was, these so called “fast” bowlers are not all that fast, I saw a “scorching Yorker” by Brett Lee in a match that was at 135kph. Our Indian bowlers these days are much fitter and faster, but still unable to bowl match winning spells. Thankfully bumrah is showing promise, and actually picking wickets at a respectable rate. 

Just now, MultiB48 said:

accuracy is not just being repeatable,check the 2nd ball he pitched it almost outside leg and moved it across confusing the batsman ,now had he bowled it outside off it would have been a harmless ball with the movement and had he bowled this ball on a flat pitch then might have been clipped off the pads.

By accuracy I meaning bowling where bowler intends it to. 

Rahul Dravid was troubled a lot by Aussie pacers in 2004 India tour, they planned to attack him on middle stump line and it worked. 

First, bowler should be intelligent enough to realise the weaknesses. Second they have to accurate with enough skills to utilise it. Even if some bowlers planned that against Dravid, they would have struggled because it's not easy to bowl at that line. It can easily drift to leg. 

2 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

Oh please, did you have to put up the great Bangladesh batting lineup for comparison. Waqar is one of the all time greats, who is this binny?

anyway, my point was, these so called “fast” bowlers are not all that fast, I saw a “scorching Yorker” by Brett Lee in a match that was at 135kph. Our Indian bowlers these days are much fitter and faster, but still unable to bowl match winning spells. Thankfully bumrah is showing promise, and actually picking wickets at a respectable rate. 

I hope it's not serious statement.

25 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

1. Indian bowler picking wickets at similar speed

2. Why Indian bowlers don't pick wickets - they aren't accurate. Accuracy of so called "accurate medium pacers" is worse than Lee, Akhtar and other fast bowlers. 

3. Steyn bowls in 130 in swinging conditions. He was averaging 140 in UAE. He puts exrta effort to utitlise reverse swing or on flat pitches.

You want to say bhuvi and Bumrah aren't accurate.

23 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

Our Indian bowlers these days are much fitter and faster, but still unable to bowl match winning spells. Thankfully Bumrah is showing promise, and actually picking wickets at a respectable rate. 

Shami doing that in tests from mid-2016 and always did it in ODIs.

Wickets come in bunches for pacers when ....  they know how to set up batsmen + they have either sufficient pace / bounce   OR   are very experienced.

Most of our pacers lacked this combo.

Edited by express bowling
13 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I hope it's not serious statement.

Faster than 135. Most of our bowlers are easily bowling at that pace these days.

i guess we just missed the good days of fast bowling when pitches weren’t so favored towards batting. If we had such bowlers in the 90s maybe we would’ve seen much better results.

our bowlers lack the skills to take wkts in a bunch. Look at Broad, Anderson even who can run through sides on their day. Good bowlers can pick up 2-3 wkts in a spell whereas our fast bowlers pick up 2-3 in an innings ..sometimes.. Even Bumrah who has an avg in early 20s only picks up 1-2 wkts/ match.

Edited by chapetmarunga
1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

on that topic here is another article of the sa pacer shabnim ishmail supposedly bowls 140 on cricinfo

The leader of the pack is the deceptively built Ismail. She looks thin, almost wisp-like, but insists she is the "fastest bowler in the world". And when she pushes the speed gun up towards 140 kph, it is hard to argue. Van Niekerk certainly doesn't. "I will back her to the end of the world on that," she boomed in support of Ismail's claim. "She is brilliant. With that small body, the aggression she shows, I love it."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/19726370/south-africa-bursting-pace-potential

That's exaggerated. Her quickest has been clocked at 79 mph

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jul/04/shabnim-ismail-marizanne-kapp-south-africa-england-womens-world-cup-cricket

Edited by rkt.india

Hahahaha.. These over hyped Pakistani trundlers  nehraji clocked 138kph in his last match and srinath was seen bowling 140+ with 144k as fastest in 2003 wc whereas waquar n akram were Trundling aroud 134 kph lol, they also hyped that malnourished zahid who looked as trundler of the highest order, damn sure  they would have also hyped up asif as some speed demon if not clocked by a proper speed gun..

4 hours ago, speedheat said:

Hahahaha.. These over hyped Pakistani trundlers  nehraji clocked 138kph in his last match and srinath was seen bowling 140+ with 144k as fastest in 2003 wc whereas waquar n akram were Trundling aroud 134 kph lol, they also hyped that malnourished zahid who looked as trundler of the highest order, damn sure  they would have also hyped up asif as some speed demon if not clocked by a proper speed gun..

Here is trundler Zahid getting through the defenses of dravid with 60 mph yorker .

There are enough videos of Razzaq bowling quicker than trundler srinath and enough videos of Waqar bowling express fast .

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

@Mosher  @Rightarmfast  @rkt.india  @Vilander  @MultiB48

Waqar bowling 77 mph to 82 mph in the OP.

He is 29 years at this time and not old at all

Just 3 years back, in the video we saw in the  " Thommo thread "  ..... without speed-guns in use , the commentators were saying that he was bowling 100 mph.  

May be his real age was 33-34

Trundler waqar bowling express .

Look at the bowl at 10.33 .

Also the ones against southafrica where he was clocked bowling 154 kph , military medium by Indian standards of course .

While srinath was fighting and losing a pace battle to Razzaq .

Think i should post videos of India , Pak duels . People seem to be forgetting their legacy.

5 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

This was before his 1992 injury. Seems like the OP forgot the waqar they used to speak about was this version. Lol Couldn’t be bothered to explain that to him.

Pre 92 waqar was quicker than the pace of the two Indian opening bowlers added up but even after the back injury waqar was much quicker than the bowles Op champions .

He needs to rewatch India pak games that had speed guns and he will realise that Srinath was slower than Razzaq let alone Waqar .

India pak matches are there to see for all on youtube.