Indian cricket Baap ki Jaagir

MCcricket

When Dhoni needed to be kicked 4 years back still playing like a passenger, n Mr Shastri talks Bout his enjoyment, n let him play till he enjoys, then let him go to Sakshi n not at the cost of Indian cricket.

I am a big fan of Sachin but same thing happened, why are we not as logical as Aussies n not worship fallen stars, be realistic, who on earth logically believes Dhoni can hold his place by virtue of performance till 2019 world cup?

Yes we don't want an approach similar to Greg Chappal but not even the present scenario where everyone Pat's others back n cricket suffers, selectors lacking balls n vision, captain not being objective but overly emotional, Bunyy Sajdeh, Rhiti clique, IPL groups, where n how will pro ising youngsters get a chance n rebuild our stagnating, ODi n t20 side, Why r idiots like Shastri getting away with those statements, let him play till he enjoys bullshit, I don't mind even a 45 year old playing if he justifies his selection, n not be there on past record.

23 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I am a big fan of Sachin but same thing happened, why are we not as logical as Aussies n not worship fallen stars, be realistic, who on earth logically believes Dhoni can hold his place by virtue of performance till 2019 world cup?

Once decline started for Ponting he averaged 27 in 20 months with 0 centuries from March 2010 to Dec 2011 before India series. 

He was allowed to play 50+ tests till that with avg of 38. Do you think Indian selectors would suck so bad and allow a 38 avg bat to continue for 50 tests at number 4 on basis of past reputation?

Aussies, though they talk about records not being important, do care about them. Allan Border was allowed to play on and on so that he could break Gavaskar's record of most runs. Ponting at one point looked all set to overtake Tendulkar and that's why he was given a long rope. Luckily Sachin rediscovered his form and Ponting went into terminal decline.

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Once decline started for Ponting he averaged 27 in 20 months with 0 centuries from March 2010 to Dec 2011 before India series. 

He was allowed to play 50+ tests till that with avg of 38. Do you think Indian selectors would suck so bad and allow a 38 avg bat to continue for 50 tests at number 4 on basis of past reputation?

Why do you only see ponting and y not clark who won wc cup for aus and soon after ashes loss sent out of team . I bet if dhoni would have won 2015 wc or 2016 t20 he would have been played till 23 wc as captain and may be one more as non captain due to mass blind following which he has in india which includes sensible forum as icf.

Edited by raki05
6 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Nitpicking. OP is absolutely right about Indian culture. However it's just not Indian but also subcontinent thing. Here cricketers are above the game if cricket. Always have been. Cringeworthy. 

6 hours ago, nevada said:

Aussies, though they talk about records not being important, do care about them. Allan Border was allowed to play on and on so that he could break Gavaskar's record of most runs. Ponting at one point looked all set to overtake Tendulkar and that's why he was given a long rope. Luckily Sachin rediscovered his form and Ponting went into terminal decline.

This is very true.  In fact, the Aussie selection policies are rife with politics and in-club mentality, even more than India's.  Good players like Damien Martyn, Simon Katich have been pre-maturely and unfairly thrown out of the team for non-cricket reasons.  

But ignorants still buy the hype and keep repeating the myth of Australian "ruthlessness" in selection.  If Aussies were so ruthless, Mathew "I suck at cricket, but am good at sledging" Wade wouldn't be an automatic choice for them in their Test or ODI team.  

4 hours ago, raki05 said:

Why do you only see ponting and y not clark who won wc cup for aus and soon after ashes loss sent out of team . I bet if dhoni would have won 2015 wc or 2016 t20 he would have been played till 23 wc as captain and may be one more as non captain due to mass blind following which he has in india which includes sensible forum as icf.

Clarke was out of the team, because his injury problems rendered him unfit too often.  Not because the selectors had balls.  

I'm in no way, defending the statement of Shastri, or the continued inclusion of Dhoni in the T20 team.  I have been calling for his T20i retirement for more than a year now.  

Edited by sandeep
2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

But ignorants still buy the hype and keep repeating the myth of Australian "ruthlessness" in selection.  If Aussies were so ruthless, Mathew "I suck at cricket, but am good at sledging" Wade wouldn't be an automatic choice for them in their Test or ODI team.  

Matthew Wade is a selection out of no choice. Lack of good wicketkeeper batsman. The other contender Paine is also not good.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Clarke was out of the team, because his injury problems rendered him unfit too often.  Not because the selectors had balls.  

I'm in no way, defending the statement of Shastri, or the continued inclusion of Dhoni in the T20 team.  I have been calling for his T20i retirement for more than a year now.  

Even if thats the reason still you dont see them extend their career for so long. And dhoni embarass himself not just in t20 but odi as well. He shouldn't be playing any format as simple as that , the sooner selector realise it would be good for us. Hell even karthik is better than him at this moment in odi  thats how bad it is, and helping in captaincy and strategy and not readymade replacement is overrated and bs , Also if kohli cant captain after almost one year of doing captaincy he can give the reins to someone else.Bloody if it ll  be leave up to kohli, shastri and gavaskar they ll persue him(Dhoni) till grave to be in the team.

28 minutes ago, sandeep said:

There are others at domestic level.   And that doesn't explain the banishment of Katich and Martyn simply because they were not in with the right 'crowd'.

How is Matthew Wade, Simon katich and Martin examples relevant here? None of them  are superstars who overstayed or banished due to politics. Only Pointing's example makes sense but it's an exception.

sachin was embarrassing enough with his shatkon ka shatak nonsense but dhoni is becoming more embarrassing with continuous selection in t20s, i am one of his great admirers n fan but his selection is indefensible at every level in t20s

one of the facade is of fitness,somehow this is what we hear  he is superemly fit,running between wkts etc,even virat n shahstri alluded to this fitness thing , what is forgotten is pure skill,which has deteriorated at quite a pace for msd

and apart from this dhoni selection, i have been more depressed about lack of foresight shown by selectors n team management in last 2 years, indian cricket is a borefest atm

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Strong words there. And inaccurate IMHO.  

Purely on a batsmanship do u think dhoni is better than karthik at this moment.... karthik himself should not be anywhere near to indian team and thts how bad dhoni has become....what a champion batsmen he was and remember i have spent half if my life in bihar and jharkhand so its not like i m a dhoni hater. But i think enough is enough and he should move on to enjoy other part of his life.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Nope and its not been proved even.....

He is embarrsing himself while batting is quite visible to everyone. I dont think it require any proof, its all about how you percieve the situation for u he is still better but for me anyone who cant win anything for the team in past 2 year doesnt deserve to be in team and m talking abt batsmen here.

3 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Purely on a batsmanship do u think dhoni is better than karthik at this moment.... karthik himself should not be anywhere near to indian team and thts how bad dhoni has become....what a champion batsmen he was and remember i have spent half if my life in bihar and jharkhand so its not like i m a dhoni hater. But i think enough is enough and he should move on to enjoy other part of his life.

:p: on what basis are you saying that.. please tell us how karthik is better o_0 option and backup with some stats how karthik offers this team more than Dhoni with his Batting/keeping/co-captain.