Imran khan great plan to dismiss Gavaskar : Ball tampering

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I have spoken to Mohinder Amarnath personally about his experiences in touring Pakistan.  He told me that on one of his tests in India, he was at the non-striker's end, and the umpire told the bowler that he is over-stepping by a lot, and frequently.  Didn't call the no-ball, mind you, just informed the bowler.  Guess what happened? The bowler cursed the umpire in Punjabi, and told him to let him do his job, and shut the *** up.   

He also said that the during lunch and tea breaks, the umpires would actually hand the ball over to the greenbros, who would take it to their dressing room, and surprise, surprise, the ball would start jagging around after resumption.  

There's a reason why Imran Khan started advocating for neutral umpires - their team's results had such a large asterisk on the cricket circuit due to such shenanigans - his peers basically mocked him to death about it.  I still give him credit for that though.  

I suspect it was because they got a dose of their medicine i.e. patriotic umpiring in the WI in 1988.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I suspect it was because they got a dose of their medicine i.e. patriotic umpiring in the WI in 1988.

Of course it was that as well.   But "Immy" played a lot of England FC cricket, and copped a lot of flak by his FC colleagues and opponents about Pak umpiring.  An ego that big can only take so much of that before starting to talk about neutral umpires.