'Earlier the batsmen were scared to face me. Now there is a contest'

SK_IH

I was bowling with my earlier action for 22 years. Even now, when I see videos of my old matches, different things come to mind. Batsmen's legs used to shake, every batsman used to think twice before stepping out to hit me, lest the ball bounces or turns. I can't forget those memories. Now when a batsman stares back at me I get angry. I think: till last year he used to cry, but why is he staring back now? To bring that back I have worked hard in the last six months to make my action effective and get back my pace. Now my pace is really good. Also my doosra, even though it is not as big as it used to be, is still there. There is topspin and it moves out a little bit. I am happy that I'm bringing that back.

Has there been a bigger fraud than this guy in cricket, chucker,everyone was scared to face me when i used to chuck :cantstop:,good riddance

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/17593833/earlier-batsmen-were-scared-face-now-there-contest

Two guys whose records should certainly be wiped away, Murali, Ajmal, both blatantly chucked for entire career, also people who are going to defend Murali, it is scientifically impossible to not straighten arm when you bowl with ur palm facing up n arm rotation Murali had n he started with a very crooked arm and straightened it at a huge degree itself.

Ajmal was such a blatant. Hucker that he would've been called out in a gully game, I would blame Pak cricket initially n ICC more the. Hi for letting him play.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Doesn’t matter...he was a fraud and a cheat...doesn’t deserve respect...may be that is your benchmark but the guy is a disgrace to the art of spin bowling,the hard working spinner who doesn’t take shot cut. Sorry doesn’t deserve a tribute.

I agree he was a chucker who deserves no respect. Your main beef should be with the icc not the player. He got away with it because it was allowed at the time.

Secondly his points about batsmen getting more advantage in the game was a valid one. Apparrently our moralist don’t look at how much free ride batsmen have gotten due to increase in bat size, pitches being flat etc. Bowlers these days don’t have it easy. Cricket is now a batsmen’s game. Not a balanced game that favors both bat and ball.

2 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I agree he was a chucker who deserves no respect. Your main beef should be with the icc not the player. He got away with it because it was allowed at the time.

Secondly his points about batsmen getting more advantage in the game was a valid one. Apparrently our moralist don’t look at how much free ride batsmen have gotten due to increase in bat size, pitches being flat etc. Bowlers these days don’t have it easy. Cricket is now a batsmen’s game. Not a balanced game that favors both bat and ball.

Sure cricket has become batting friendly but legalizing chucking and ball tampering to neuter that is a dumb argument. It is like saying legalize shoplifting to counter inflation.

Sure there are plenty of hard working bowlers including Pakistani bowlers who are  learning to survive without such short cuts.....why make excuses for a chucker?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Sure cricket has become batting friendly but legalizing chucking and ball tampering to neuter that is a dumb argument. It is like saying legalize shoplifting to counter inflation.

Sure there are plenty of hard working bowlers including Pakistani bowlers who are  learning to survive without such short cuts.....why make excuses for a chucker?

I am not making excuses just saying if you wanna look at morals than batsmen having leeway as they are is not correct either. Batsmen should get punished or restricted from having huge bat sizes. Make pitches less flatter in big tournaments as well. Thats not far from cheating as far as I am concerned.

And no I do not want chucking to be legalized. I want batting to stop getting so much leeway. Ajmal’s point about this was correct. 

2 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I am not making excuses just saying if you wanna look at morals than batsmen having leeway as they are is not correct either. Batsmen should get punished or restricted from having huge bat sizes. Make pitches less flatter in big tournaments as well. Thats not far from cheating as far as I am concerned.

And no I do not want chucking to be legalized. I want batting to stop getting so much leeway. Ajmal’s point about this was correct. 

Ajmal’s point was coming from a perspective of a bitter ex-con who is frustrated with the society....post article from  more relevant voice maybe perspective might be different.

I remember during the recession when a homeless crazy guy was yelling at me and a few other Indians for Immigrants taking away American jobs...it is not the same as an American citizen who lost his job due to outsourcing and complaining about it.

Why is that so difficult to grasp?

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ajmal’s point was coming from a perspective of a bitter ex-con who is frustrated with the society....post article from  more relevant voice maybe perspective might be different.

I remember during the recession when a homeless crazy guy was yelling at me and a few other Indians for Immigrants taking away American jobs...it is not the same as an American citizen who lost his job due to outsourcing and complaining about it.

Why is that so difficult to grasp?

Seems like you have not grasped his argument and made up your version of the story with your head canon. What ever Ajmal was doing is obvious. His argument however was a valid one. If you wanna talk about morality than what ever the batsmen are doing is also cheating. Chucking should not be allowed but also not increase in bat.

14 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

making pitches less flat might encourage ordinary bowling ,i thinks thickness of bats should be reduced and outfields should be made a bit more lush and soft and slow ,this will encourage more running between the wickets , fielding and throwing, making things more athletic

It will make the game much more balanced. Make batsmen work harder for there runs instead of getting the free ride as they are. Cricket will once again be a clean sport.

Edited by Shaz1
8 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Seems like you have not grasped his argument and made up your version of the story with your head canon. What ever Ajmal was doing is obvious. His argument however was a valid one. If you wanna talk about morality than what ever the batsmen are doing is also cheating. Chucking should not be allowed but also not increase in bat.

It will make the game much more balanced. Make batsmen work harder for there runs instead of getting the free ride as they are. Cricket will once again be a clean sport.

Simple...you don’t need Ajmal to validate that.When someone like Ajmal with a tainted career starts talking those things it becomes more about him.

If Amir tommorow says that it is so easy for youngsters to get influenced in fixing,he may have a point but it becomes about him because of his past .and looks like he is making an excuse to defend his actions.

It is so Obvious what Ajmal is hinting at here...anyway from your regular  cricket related statements like we made your  batsmen shake...Star bano...mountain men Pathans....good looking heartthrob etc etc atleast you acknowledged Ajmal to be what he is a cheat and a fraud.Thats a start I guess.

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Simple...you don’t need Ajmal to validate that.When someone like Ajmal with a tainted career starts talking those things it becomes more about him.

If Amir tommorow says that it is so easy for youngsters to get influenced in fixing,he may have a point but it becomes about him because of his past .and looks like he is making an excuse to defend his actions.

It is so Obvious what Ajmal is hinting at here...anyway from your regular  cricket related statements like we made your  batsmen shake...Star bano...mountain men Pathans....good looking heartthrob etc etc atleast you acknowledged Ajmal to be what he is a cheat and a fraud.Thats a start I guess.

@bold: That logic is laughable. So basically we should judge other people based on there history and not there points. First off what he did was not a crime. No where in cricket does it say its ok to fix matches. If Amir advocated that than he would be rightfully criticized. What Ajmal did here was bring up a interesting point that you moralist don’t see cause of biased. Batsmen these days get too much leeway in cricket where as bowlers suffer. There should be a balance between bat and ball. There should be no reason to favor one over the other. If you wanna say this is about him than I ask what the hell does he have to gain from all of this when his cricketing years were coming to a hault for good by the time he made these statements?

Look what is wrong is wrong two wrongs don’t make a right. I will never say a chucker deserves to bowl again. If he is caught he should be banned. At the same time there should be some word said about thick bats. There should be a word said about how much batsmen are getting favored over the bowlers. 

11 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

@bold: That logic is laughable. So basically we should judge other people based on there history and not there points. First off what he did was not a crime. No where in cricket does it say its ok to fix matches. If Amir advocated that than he would be rightfully criticized. What Ajmal did here was bring up a interesting point that you moralist don’t see cause of biased. Batsmen these days get too much leeway in cricket where as bowlers suffer. There should be a balance between bat and ball. There should be no reason to favor one over the other. If you wanna say this is about him than I ask what the hell does he have to gain from all of this when his cricketing years were coming to a hault for good by the time he made these statements?

Look what is wrong is wrong two wrongs don’t make a right. I will never say a chucker deserves to bowl again. If he is caught he should be banned. At the same time there should be some word said about thick bats. There should be a word said about how much batsmen are getting favored over the bowlers. 

I think we are going in circles here...so let me ask a question I should have asked at the start.

Did you even read the interview???

Since you seem to have the attention span of a gold fish let me paste the excerpt for you 

See below...this immediately follows his blabbering about ICC pitches and rules favoring batsmen. I am really trying to work  with you here and avoid any jibes :laugh: 

Can you succeed as a spinner without throwing?
I have already given reasons as to why chucking started. There is nothing for the spinners. The ICC should allow spinners some relaxation. I said it to the ICC but it didn't make a difference.