Wait...we lost to Nepal and got knocked out by Bangladesh in U-19???

maniac

Dravid is not a good coach but I will say this I really  think Dravid has a great eye for talent.He will make a good selector but has so far shown Zilch when it comes to coaching or managing a team.

Make him a selector...he is more unbiased and will do the right thing there but please get him

away from coaching.I gave IPL a pass because it is what it is the IPL even though it was appalling even there but this is ridiculous.

FFS it is under 19, you guys over react too much. England has a joke of an U-19 team, does that make their senior team a joke? With so many U-19 WC wins you would think India/Pakistan would have series wins in Aus and SA by now...... kuch hua? I look at U-19 for 1-2 prospects. Just like previous editions have thrown up the likes of UV, Dhawan, Che, VK, Raina etc agar 1-2 bhee acche walleh nikal gaye to Indian cricket ko jyaada faayda hoga, yeh saare fizool ke tourney jaaye bhaad mein !!!

Edited by Gollum

I knew we are going to struggle in this tournament in absence of players who have been playing as a unit for last one year but did not think we will lose to Nepal that too after they had a good start, 60 in first 10 without loss. This team has a very weak batting line if top 2 dont play long innings and lacks firepower.  

Afghanistan we know is going to be a force in cricket pretty soon. 

If Nepal has really unearthed a few players of the future who just upped their game to beat us then that is good for world cricket and really exciting.

That is the first thing I looked for too ...but looking at the scorecard my first thought would be we played poorly and imploded rather than some magical performance from the opposition .

As much as people were praising a player of  Dravid’s stature for concentrating on U19 players,he should be held accountable regardless of his stature.

6 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

As @rkt.india said its Ind-U19B team with many key players missing but losing against Nepal and BD is not acceptable. Not sure what will happen in U19 WC next year.

So much money being spent on cricket in India at the ground level and we have such poor performers.

BD is a very strong team at this level. Even Nepal has beaten top teams in U19 cricket before.

2-3  crickters from the current u19 batch will play for ind very soon,next u19 wc it will be hard to beat our side, our 1st choice side pretty much dominated eng in eng recently,rahul has this habit of trying every player in squad or in periphery, he has caused dd big time with this approach as well but cant blame him much for trying out players at this level

so you are overreacting, i will be shocked if we dont reach the finals next year in u19 wc