Trolls on ICF: Moderators please read!

Rightarmfast

This is a post for all the members, but more importantly the moderators. While I do understand that we need to have more posters and we need to have a lot of diverse content to keep the site up and running, allowing trolls here is not one of them.

In a span of 2-3 weeks, I am seeing a sudden rise in the no of trolls, mainly the Pakistani posters. @Moderator and other moderators, kindly do a proper check and moderation. I don't think you guys are going through the posts properly. The Pakistani trolls need to be either banned or their troll posts should be immediately deleted.

I have raised the same issue earlier but the moderators seem to be sleeping. Please look into it or people will leave, atleast I will leave, this forum. You would have already noticed I havent posted much for the last 2-3 weeks.

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

I know Pakistanis are struck in 90s, but they are not the problem, bigger problem is some PR bots who are hell bent on degrading this forums, should ban those bots first.

They can say the same abt u.

Troll is some one who flame baits with no substantiation, otherwise its just a difference of opinion. 

Just give as good as you receive and be tolerant.

As for pak posters they are jokers and have no shame as they get a severe beating and still come around and say the same things. Cant help it its the way they are.

Guys, I get the point of the thread and do not totally disagree with you but when you mention to delete troll posts, then we should also remember that most of us often post something which would be considered a troll post.

This post is in no way to protect those guys who have been creating numerous threads these days and trying to spark fights as mentioned in OP. They are on borderline and facing suspension of account soon, but I urge fellow ICFers to also learn to ignore as ICF has policy of being lenient when it comes to banning.

That said, point has been taken and we are already discussing the issue.

Trolling in ICF is still mild when compared to other websites, the atmosphere here has always been overall positive ever since I have been a member of this forum.

I have also been a part of 9-10 different forums related to philosophy, history and other fields and some of these are very high in alexa rankings. Because of the elite nature of these forums, they are inhabited by total snobs and even though there isn't much trolling there, if you tend to speak your mind without being politically correct the members there will humiliate you in the most ugliest and subtle manner, I got so disgusted that I deleted my account in some of those forums. ICF still has a relatively healthy atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Lala2790 said:

Seems like anyone on here with a different opinion is classed as a troll.......

Sad really, how can we have any sensible debate/banter when the same clique keep whinging and complaining that anyone who thinks differently is a troll

Not really. It's not about everyone with different opinion. 

It's clear that you have been trolling for quite some time and it's been tedious deleting your threads and posts in cricket talk. It's a waste of time. Sometimes going through a single threads and reading each and every post may consume upto an hour.

It's a waste of time for everyone, not just you but also those who are taking the bait and going engaging in flame wars. I would say it's hasn't been one way traffic and others too have contributed to this scenario by replying to your posts in similar way and not reporting it. 

There is ignore option and there is report button. If anyone has problem with a post and if it is breaking rules of forum, then it should be reported.

If anyone has problem with any post then use ignore option.

It's collective responsibility and not moderators job to do everything. Mods/Admins are last option in these scenarios. First ICFers should take this responsibility themselves to ensure that they aren't snowballing any issue by engaging.

I have a suggestion.

Since most troll posts ( or most posts) from pak fans basically are conveying one of the below. We can probably develop small de trolling anti-misinformantion snippets for each one and just post them in the thread without feeding trolls.

1, Indian bowlers are trundlers since they dont eat meat;  variants can be srinath is trundler or srinath is slower than Afridi etc. 

Std response: Have response with recorded speeds for some famous indian bowlers and current Indian bowlers speeds.

2, Indians are scared of facing pakistan, who beats them all the time like in CT final and this is reason India does not play them in bilaterals.

Std response :  Have std response with head to head from 2000 and wc record also statutory response noting terrorism in pak which is reason for no bilaterals 

3, pak players should be allowed in ipl. Psl is better than ipl. If pak players play in ipl then ipl success is because of pak players. Indian domestics should include pak players so that their quality improves etc

std response: ipl is domestic competition and franchaises are independent bodies that manage risk unless political situation improves pak players cant play and since ipl is of high quality already they wont bring in anything that is not already there. And ipl is valuded at 5.5 billion opposed to 30 mil of psl so no reason to be worried for ipl.

4, Indian players who are muslim are better than rest and pak players are best rest of Indians are not good enough as they dont eat ghost. 

Std response : Indian muslims are basically Indians unless they accept that pak muslims are of Indian origin as well there is nothing in common between them and we are proud of all Indian players what ever their religion is. And indian players display high levels  of fitness and would follow a balanced diet based on their preferences and needs and  there are several better alternatives for goat meat as far as complete branch chain protein goes eg whey caesin cruciferous veggies etc.

So you get the drift. We can do this and template most of their trolling and feeding of trolls.

We can even make info graphics for these. Food for thought.

Edited by Vilander

16 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Not really. It's not about everyone with different opinion. 

It's clear that you have been trolling for quite some time and it's been tedious deleting your threads and posts in cricket talk. It's a waste of time. Sometimes going through a single threads and reading each and every post may consume upto an hour.

It's a waste of time for everyone, not just you but also those who are taking the bait and going engaging in flame wars. I would say it's hasn't been one way traffic and others too have contributed to this scenario by replying to your posts in similar way and not reporting it. 

There is ignore option and there is report button. If anyone has problem with a post and if it is breaking rules of forum, then it should be reported.

If anyone has problem with any post then use ignore option.

It's collective responsibility and not moderators job to do everything. Mods/Admins are last option in these scenarios. First ICFers should take this responsibility themselves to ensure that they aren't snowballing any issue by engaging.

Lol, very selective moderation.

I try to make a new thread and guaranteed everytime the first four posts are Indians derailing it.  Case in point my Afridi Thread - the guy has been a cricketing pro for 21 years, I start a Thread about his recent great performance and am attacked from the start.

I have been very complimentary of many Indian greats - Dohni, Pujara, Dravid, Kumble Harbhajan; because I am not swept up in the fan fare of other players like Kolhi who are protected speicies on this Forum by their leagues of fanboyz I'm suddenly considered a "troll".

The worst part is that Indian posters seem to have free reign to call me a terrorist or jihadist for making a simple cricketing observations - what kind of behavior is that and why is it condoned?  Check my history - I have never once swore or abused a fellow poster.  Nor mocked them because of their religious identity.  Seems to me that this is a case of moderators allowing certain behavior for one set of posters, while completely ignoring the minority

15 hours ago, Lala2790 said:

Lol, very selective moderation.

I try to make a new thread and guaranteed everytime the first four posts are Indians derailing it.  Case in point my Afridi Thread - the guy has been a cricketing pro for 21 years, I start a Thread about his recent great performance and am attacked from the start.

I have been very complimentary of many Indian greats - Dohni, Pujara, Dravid, Kumble Harbhajan; because I am not swept up in the fan fare of other players like Kolhi who are protected speicies on this Forum by their leagues of fanboyz I'm suddenly considered a "troll".

The worst part is that Indian posters seem to have free reign to call me a terrorist or jihadist for making a simple cricketing observations - what kind of behavior is that and why is it condoned?  Check my history - I have never once swore or abused a fellow poster.  Nor mocked them because of their religious identity.  Seems to me that this is a case of moderators allowing certain behavior for one set of posters, while completely ignoring the minority

Dil pe mat le yaar. We call pakistan a terrorist state becausue it has terrorised Indians. A lot of Indian die as a result of direct action by your army. While you may disagree but just chk Statements during Kargil. They were so called freedom fighters. Later same men became army men. 

Since 1965, Pakistan state has realised terrorism is way forward in its Kashmiri war against India. You dont like it, but u cant do anything to ur armys's position. We all know it.

I also appreaciate most Pakistani posters on this forum are "Aman kis asha" type. So enjoy. A lot of poster here know that. There are bigger troll on our side. Just Beware:giggle:

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

This is a very poor excuse. You can call Pakistan a terriost but not the people who are from there or have any relation from there. Infact seeing that a common joke is utterly pathetic and discrimative. Its highly offensive to any indivisual. Heck its not even trolling warranting any laughter because its considered more of a personal attack. This thread was made to stop trolling from Pakistani posters while it ignores one of the most biggest one yet. You wanna stop trolling? You want others to take this place seriously? Than stop spewing pathetic slur like terriost or jihad in every post.

More time then not, People call Pakistani army and ISI a terrorist and Government a lier, complicit or tool of them Army/ISI. Somewhere that message gets lost in comprehension. The reason the insecurity come with Pakistani people because they know that there are videos of hunddreds of thousand Pakistani people attending/cheering rallies/speeches of Azhar Mahmood or his likes.

As far as this coming into discussion so often, In last decade the clear danger sold to people was "Communism". This century its "Terrorism". People were at war with Communism then. We are at war with Terrorism now.

Blame your government, US Government for that

Edited by mishra

27 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

What comphrehension? You are simply dicriminating and justifying it with a pitty excuse. Just because you feel our government does it you feel you have the right to discriminate on a worldwide topic. Let me explain to you one thing this word “terrorist” does not only effect us Pakistani’s but any other muslim or sikh out there. Here in the USA we had to deal with this label first hand since 9/11. With this label people have justified doing hate crimes. I find it highly offensive and uncalled for. And no its not very funny. It should not be used to judge other people for other group’s mistakes. This is a cricket forum. If you feel you have the right to discriminate than don’t cry when you get trolled. Because it goes both ways not one way.

You get attacked by some racist guys but In India more people are killed every month because of these what you call "not in the name of Pakistan" terrorist.

Educate people and state that someone likes MAsood Azhar are not a bully, a goon, a politician, a don or a preacher, But simply a terrorist. I am sure those who attend his rallies in mass do exactly know his history. If that many gather to take his glimpse, what do you you expect people to call them attendees? and System which seeds,feeds and waters this?