Shivam Mavi - 17 year old fast bowler (Can he be 90 mph in a few years time?)

rkt.india

rkt - over-hype going on man seriously! So many threads and no idea how these guys will do after few more years!

Lets have a consolidated "upcoming pacers to keep an eye on" thread.

They may just turn out to be over-hyped by ICF, you never know.

Edited by fineleg
27 minutes ago, fineleg said:

rkt - over-hype going on man seriously! So many threads and no idea how these guys will do after few more years!

There is no hype about. creating threads does not equal to hype. Forums are made to create threads and discuss and follow their progress.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

i want someone in the 140-150 range, that is proper 140k pace

dont think there have been many such bowlers in this age group ever. Last I saw was Pat Cummins but his pace has not improved like it happened with Brett Lee, Akhtar and Starc who kept gaining pace. Starc on his ODI debut was 135-142K bowler at the age of 21.

13 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

consistency is the problem ,adam milne too bowled quick at young age but now is down after so many injuries ,johnson was one picked up pace as he went on  as has starc

genuine pacers will always have injuries. Johnson too has 4 stress fracture by age 22. He made his Aus debut at 25.  Milne has reached that stage. He will gain his back once he is adjusts to changes in his action.

2 hours ago, chapetmarunga said:

Bhai make one common thread instead of opening new for each one of them at least before they perform well in FC.

Every new players deserves their profile topic on ICF.

When he was posting all this in Ranji threads, I rarely got hold of all names even though I am active on this forum. Now I know more about some of young talents in Indian cricket.

Good work so far @rkt.india bhai.

And discussing about players with doesn't equate to hyping them. I think we need to keep an eye on all of them and track their progress as it's a good read. We are not selectors though.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

genuine pacers will always have injuries. Johnson too has 4 stress fracture by age 22. He made his Aus debut at 25.  Milne has reached that stage. He will gain his back once he is adjusts to changes in his action.

Rkt bowlandaz Bhai I think most promising is Nagarkotti, Mandeep Singh , Porel for me at this stage .

6 hours ago, fineleg said:

Mule Singh thread 1 -100 look who is complaining.

10 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

it didnt feel as quick as cummins to me more like munaf

i am saying that because only few bowlers have bowled that kind of stuff in Indian domestic cricket and they are Aaron, Umesh and Shami last year in the club game for Mohan Bagan.  They may be domestic batsmen but they do not get hustled as easily as people would think. You would need pace to do that and seeing that no other pacer in that match got much carry, not even Lalit Yadav who himself is fairly tall and quick and bowls in 135-140 range.  I do not expect a full pitched 135k ball to be gathered at head by keeper unless you are bowling at Gabba or WACA.  Josh Hazelwood played here last year, bowling 135-140, never got that kind of bounce from good length.