Two spots three players,who will open for India tomorrow?

SK_IH

Who will open for India tomorrow?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will open for India tomorrow?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2017 at 11:11 AM

7 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

At least he scored 8 unlike your hero who got a golden duck :giggle:

If it was Dhoni or any other Northy player got a golden duck, you would be screaming your lungs out here of politics, bias etc etc. Just bcoz Rahul belongs to Karnataka, you would stay mum :clap:

These lobbying in Indian cricket needs to stop.

P.S - I myself a big Rahul fan and think he should open with Vijay. But I dont have any selected bias for a particular state :nice:

If we look at it objectively. ( I agree there is lots of regionalism which is pathetic to see, best to ignore such posters)

Rahul did scope 8 50's so he can drop an innings like today. Dhawan scores in flat pitches and fails to absorb new ball, he was suspect today as well.  Kohli can be termed as bad lights play,almost lost Puj to the same madness. 

Dhawan wont be good enough in SA based on his footwork and shot selection. if VJ is still in form ( big question as he is returning)he can replicate his former self then there is someone who can absorb new ball else we are f'd basically ( it will be Puj/Rahane facing up each time, they might as well open).

They need to give VJ a shot and see if he is good enough. Batting looks unsettled for now at the opening slot.

9 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

At least he scored 8 unlike your hero who got a golden duck :giggle:

If it was Dhoni or any other Northy player got a golden duck, you would be screaming your lungs out here of politics, bias etc etc. Just bcoz Rahul belongs to Karnataka, you would stay mum :clap:

These lobbying in Indian cricket needs to stop.

P.S - I myself a big Rahul fan and think he should open with Vijay. But I dont have any selected bias for a particular state :nice:

Yes, Dhawan got out to a poor shot. Thats it. Like I said not the worst selection. If he fails again in the 2nd inning, he can be replaced with Vijay, but we have to remember Dhawan did well against Sri lanka in the last series and you can not just drop him even if Viijay is fit now. Its not that Vijay has been scoring like a machine for India. I agree that may be he could have been suited better for this pitch, but then so are many others and we got to try. Here is a trial of Dhawan which failed first time. If he fails again bring Vijay and move on. Its stupid to see some people comparing every selection by a captain by state bias etc. Lets discuss like proper enthusiasts instead bringing bull crap bias and negativity every time. 

That all said, I would have gone with Vijay and Rahul just because I want to see them play in south africa. 

I dont understand the Dhawan hate on the forum. He is one of the top batsman India has.

Because you are struggling to understand the difference in performance of players between the 3 formats in cricket.  

Mind you so does our selectors coach  and Captain .

Dhawan is a great odi bat ,one of our best openers ever but in test cricket ,a home track bully .He will score well in our flat wickets but doesn't have the technique to survive overseas .

And he has replaced Vijay who was outstanding for us in our last away series in tough conditions.He was arguably our best best overseas tours despite being opener.Even when he wouldnt score he will see of the new ball and protect the middle order like he did in Lords ,which the stats won't show , but is invaluable to the team.

And incidentally we have two years of overseas tours coming up.

Edited by BeautifulGame
1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Because you are struggling to understand the difference in performance of players between the 3 formats in cricket.  

Mind you so does our selectors coach  and Captain .

Dhawan is a great odi bat ,one of our best openers ever but in test cricket ,a home track bully .He will score well in our flat wickets but doesn't have the technique to survive overseas .

And he has replaced Vijay who was outstanding for us in our last away series in tough conditions.He was arguably our best best overseas tours despite being opener.Even when he wouldnt score he will see of the new ball and protect the middle order like he did in Lords ,which the stats won't show , but is invaluable to the team.

And incidentally we have two years of overseas tours coming up.

I know what you are saying but he has the technique but sometimes lacks application. Blaming Dhawan and not pointing fingers at other 3 who threw their wickets is not fair. Vijay is a very limited player but applies himself very hard. Dhawan does not.

When everyone else has failed to single out Dhawan is being dishonest. Once again he is a top class batsman and he may need patience but to call him out and not others is not fair.

Edited by Khota
3 hours ago, Khota said:

I know what you are saying but he has the technique but sometimes lacks application. Blaming Dhawan and not pointing fingers at other 3 who threw their wickets is not fair. Vijay is a very limited player but applies himself very hard. Dhawan does not.

When everyone else has failed to single out Dhawan is being dishonest. Once again he is a top class batsman and he may need patience but to call him out and not others is not fair.

you got that completely wrong . its Dhawan who lacks technique , but is gifted enough to hide those flaws on flat pitches infact am a big fan of his approach towards his game , but with both his batting against swing and shortball being weak there is very little chance of him surviving   .

VJ is an underachiever , has all the talent in the world but when it gets easy he does not cash in . 

Whos singling out Dhawan here ? I for one rate him as our second best bat in ODI's , the biggest impact player we have behind only Virat but lets not confuse formats here . if not for VJ , I would rather have some one like Shaw tried than wasting time on Dhawan.

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

you got that completely wrong . its Dhawan who lacks technique , but is gifted enough to hide those flaws on flat pitches infact am a big fan of his approach towards his game , but with both his batting against swing and shortball being weak there is very little chance of him surviving   .

VJ is an underachiever , has all the talent in the world but when it gets easy he does not cash in . 

Whos singling out Dhawan here ? I for one rate him as our second best bat in ODI's , the biggest impact player we have behind only Virat but lets not confuse formats here . if not for VJ , I would rather have some one like Shaw tried than wasting time on Dhawan.

I am not confused at all. Proof is in the pudding and in this match he has outperformed all other regular batsman except for Pujara. You got it all wrong.

This is strictly my opinion that it is easy to move to test from T20 but not vice versa.

Edited by Khota
13 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am not confused at all. Proof is in the pudding and in this match he has outperformed all other regular batsman except for Pujara. You got it all wrong.

This is strictly my opinion that it is easy to move to test from T20 but not vice versa.

You are again being a khota :giggle:,how is it easy to move to test from t20

18 hours ago, Khota said:

I dont understand the Dhawan hate on the forum. He is one of the top batsman India has.

Again , ill suggest start watching cricket beyond IPL

Understand the diiference between formats 

He is only a good batsman when it comes to ODI cricket thats it

There is no hate when it comes to dhawan or even rahane. Its simple

Rahane has been a failure in LOI and is not cut out for it 

Dhawan has been no gr8 in test and doesnt even have the technique that u feel like backing him. 

7 hours ago, Khota said:

Wa re wa kotha bhai.. I never expected anything less from you. :agree: when ll you give pujara T20I debut

12 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I cannot belive am responding to this , but brother for a Dhawan fan you seem to have really low expectations from him . He scored 8 runs ?

He scored more than others. Tell me why do you have problem with that?

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Again , ill suggest start watching cricket beyond IPL

Understand the diiference between formats 

He is only a good batsman when it comes to ODI cricket thats it

There is no hate when it comes to dhawan or even rahane. Its simple

Rahane has been a failure in LOI and is not cut out for it 

Dhawan has been no gr8 in test and doesnt even have the technique that u feel like backing him. 

IPL is all I will watch. I have watched enough tests that I hate it passionately.

I do understand the difference.

He outplayed all other batsman yesterday.

Both Dhawan and rahane are good. It is the coaches job to maximize their potential. Sadly that will not happen with the cancer Shastri at the top.

I disagree with you on the technique part. His temprament is the issue not his technique. He is solid.

4 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

Wa re wa kotha bhai.. I never expected anything less from you. :agree: when ll you give pujara T20I debut

Your reading comprehension is atrocious. Pujara cannot come into T20 if you read my statement properly. If jumping to conclusion was an olympic sport you will bring India its first gold medal.