After Dharamshala now Dehradun stadium

Vilander

Looks great. It will be nice to see this stadium host a few games during the next IPL.

In Raipur (Chhattisgarh) too, they have a good stadium. Couple of IPL and Champions League t20 games have been played there. Hope they get an international t20 or ODI game to host soon.

The crowd in smaller cities and towns have always given a great reception to the teams.

Edited by Turning_track
1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

Aside from Guwahati, the northeast is too remote and not viable at the moment. The NCR dwellers are the most spoilt. Aside from the local Firoz Shah, they can plan a weekend trip around cricket at Jaipur, Dharamshala, and Dehradun. Cricketing R&R.

True NE have to have their own organic growth. Max possible is something in Siliguri/ Darjeeling which will be in WB.

6 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Looks good. Dharamshala and Dehradun can be nice test venues to attract weekend crowd from the NCR region. BCCI or local cricket bodies just need to be a little imaginative and create tour packages and people will come, I can guarantee that. Dehradun even has a nice Shatabdi connection from Delhi.

It has.

And it has a really sweet little airport.

Most airlines fly multiple flights to Dehradun everyday .

With the Meerut expressway going at full pace, soon driving time should be cut to 5-6 hrs from Delhi.

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Dharamshala will be unviable because of frost. Not sure if you have been to Dehradun but it's the foothills so weather is only marginally cooler than plains plus no dramatic mountain views like Dharamshala.

True i realised that. I am more interested in elevation/ soil and impact on pitch which could behave differently. These are locales where it will be less humid than a typical plain area which would mean different swing conditions.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

True i realised that. I am more interested in elevation/ soil and impact on pitch which could behave differently. These are locales where it will be less humid than a typical plain area which would mean different swing conditions.

Dehradun stadium doesnt have the altitude that Dharmshala has at 1400 plus meters though is surrounded by hills and forest.