Who has been best Indian test batsman ever on flat pitches and batting friendly conditions?

Who has been best Indian batsman on flat pitches?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is best Indian batsman on flat pitches?

• Sehwag
    • Kohli
    • Dravid
    • SRT
    • Gavaskar

I would go with Kohli followed by Sehwag, Gavaskar and then SRT/Dravid. Kohli has amazing hand eye coordination and ability to pick gaps. He doesn't play risky strokes and very good at handling pace as well as bounce.

Worst would probably be Ganguly among those who played 100+ tests for India.

Sehwag for me no matter what because he can tear anyone apart on a flat pitch, a genuine matchwinner like Ashwin is with the ball.

Kohli is not even in the picture because even on flat decks if overhead conditions are cloudy, gloomy etc he falls apart. But if you take the combo:flat pitch+clear skies+tripe bowling he will be slightly above SRT and Dravid. 

21 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

you are veering this thread towards "Kohli is a FTB,I told you so" :p:

This thread is about who is better on flat pitches, not about "who is better only on flat tracks".

Seaming conditions, turners aren't part of this thread.

Who has been best Indian batsman on turners can be a separate discussion topic.

Its unfair to say Sehwag Only scored on Flat Pitches, because he has scoreed centuries in NZ, South Africa, Australia, and Srilanka in extreme spin friendly conditions when mendis was wrecking havoc, but you give sehwag a flat pitch and he will murder you and bat the opposition out of the game by socring real quick, Man for All Conditions has to be Rahul Dravid, Followed by SRT & Che Pu in recent times. 

11 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Its unfair to say Sehwag Only scored on Flat Pitches, because he has scoreed centuries in NZ, South Africa, Australia, and Srilanka in extreme spin friendly conditions when mendis was wrecking havoc, but you give sehwag a flat pitch and he will murder you and bat the opposition out of the game by socring real quick, Man for All Conditions has to be Rahul Dravid, Followed by SRT & Che Pu in recent times. 

Thread is not about who scores only on flat pitches. It is about who is best on flat pitches. See the difference.

Btw, seeing how Dravid failed in SA and Aus except that one series in 2004, not sure how he is player for all conditions.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Kohli needs to improve in seaming tracks. :facepalm:Not a FTB but not an all condition batsman either.

98% of the batsmen can’t play consistently  on seaming tracks or spin minefields...pitches like this are usually a lottery.I don’t think there is one batsmen who can say they are masters of green tracks.

Having said that Kohli still has that weakness on the off stump.

Edited by maniac
3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I remember a series in SL

Sehwag made a spinning deck look like nothing

Sehwag was a proper definition of an opener.. Bowlers are  :afraid: of him. Does all the hard work while other so called opener yuk tuks and plays 20(69) innings and slowly reach 50(121).