So who are you rooting for this Ashes?and your predictions

Cricketics

A former colleague of mine - old school dude who grew up in Philly, ex-military - big NFL fan - and I remember him responding to such a question about a game that involved 2 other rivals - and he didn't miss a beat before responding - "You root for injuries".   Sounds quite harsh, but it was funny AF.  Especially because he was dead serious.   

I never want to see cricketers get hurt, but I do want to see some strife break loose.   Already, I'm enjoying the selection chaos that the Kangaroos are churning up.   3-4 failures by Alistair at the top of the order, followed by pommie collapses, with guest appearances by the typical Root Cameos of 30s and 40s will do nicely, to get some chaos going on the Pommie side.  

If the new kid Bancroft fails to kick on in the first couple of tests, and their "new" 'keeper lays a few ducks, nothing like it.  Let Warner and Smith get their share of runs, let the rest flail and flounder.  Let both batting units stink up the joint, and let the pace bowlers reign supreme.

18 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Smith is a BS captain but I have to support Australia like I usually do when its Ashes.

The chinks are starting to get more and more visible.  The India series took a bit of a toll on him.  I totally agree that he has an unhealthy amount of influence on selection, and is making some bad calls on that front.  With all the mujra and twitching he does before every delivery, if does fall into a bit of a slump, it could get ugly fast.   That's always the risk and the problem for batsmen with "unconventional" techniques, it may work fine for the 1.0 version, but when things start going pear-shaped due to age/reflexes, or form etc, it can get very difficult to bounce back quickly.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

The chinks are starting to get more and more visible.  The India series took a bit of a toll on him.  I totally agree that he has an unhealthy amount of influence on selection, and is making some bad calls on that front.  With all the mujra and twitching he does before every delivery, if does fall into a bit of a slump, it could get ugly fast.   That's always the risk and the problem for batsmen with "unconventional" techniques, it may work fine for the 1.0 version, but when things start going pear-shaped due to age/reflexes, or form etc, it can get very difficult to bounce back quickly.  

3 long ass posts on a thread that has a simple yes no question and I still can’t figure out whom you are actually rooting for :cantstop:

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

A former colleague of mine - old school dude who grew up in Philly, ex-military - big NFL fan - and I remember him responding to such a question about a game that involved 2 other rivals - and he didn't miss a beat before responding - "You root for injuries".   Sounds quite harsh, but it was funny AF.  Especially because he was dead serious.   

I never want to see cricketers get hurt, but I do want to see some strife break loose.   Already, I'm enjoying the selection chaos that the Kangaroos are churning up.   3-4 failures by Alistair at the top of the order, followed by pommie collapses, with guest appearances by the typical Root Cameos of 30s and 40s will do nicely, to get some chaos going on the Pommie side.  

If the new kid Bancroft fails to kick on in the first couple of tests, and their "new" 'keeper lays a few ducks, nothing like it.  Let Warner and Smith get their share of runs, let the rest flail and flounder.  Let both batting units stink up the joint, and let the pace bowlers reign supreme.

I won’t mind seeing both Root and Cook fail miserably. Its always fun when England lose because the way sky and whole English media reacts is just fun to watch, especially that old doctor Bob Willis who doesn’t wait to talk shyt about the new England players. :) However I hear sky sports might not cover this series so I will miss Sir Bob’s meltdown. 

Smith failing is also extremely important and I am sure not just me, but the whole world would like to see this jerk fail.  What a  snob tool. 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

3 long ass posts on a thread that has a simple yes no question and I still can’t figure out whom you are actually rooting for :cantstop:

Banjo your reading comprehension problem is still showing no signs of improvement.   I'm rooting for neither team - I'm rooting for chaos and strife to break loose for both teams.   Symptomized by early and frequent failures of old dogs and new pups alike.  

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Its always fun when England lose because the way sky and whole English media reacts is just fun to watch, especially that old doctor Bob Willis who doesn’t wait to talk shyt about the new England players.

Yep, Pommies chest-beating after losing is always entertaining.  And gotta love Unkil Bob's rants!  

But I want Aussie batting to fail also - wipe off the arrogant smirks off the one-eyed aussie commies, and see how they react.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Yep, Pommies chest-beating after losing is always entertaining.  And gotta love Unkil Bob's rants!  

But I want Aussie batting to fail also - wipe off the arrogant smirks off the one-eyed aussie commies, and see how they react.

Ya, I still remember how they mellowed down after RSA took 0-2 lead against them. 

That said, I am lookig forward to hearing Bill Lawry. 

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Apart from when they play at home Aussies have one of the most vulnerable batting line ups in the world.

Its Warner or Smith show pretty much.

Relatively speaking England has the better batting line up and bowling they are at the same level unless Broad and Anderson have regressed with age.

I think Eng are the favorites in my book actually even though Aussies are pretty next to

invincible at home.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Apart from when they play at home Aussies have one of the most vulnerable batting line ups in the world.

Its Warner or Smith show pretty much.

Relatively speaking England has the better batting line up and bowling they are at the same level unless Broad and Anderson have regressed with age.

I think Eng are the favorites in my book actually even though Aussies are pretty next to

invincible at home.

I think more than Warner, Handscomb is one of the better bats in Aussie line up at this time and he and Smith will likely control which way the series will go. Yes, Warner’s impact on the English bowlers will be important but it Handscomb in the lower middle order will be the one to watch out for. Better young talent going around. 

Who will have the shittest glove work . Bairstow or Paine ? Battle to the end that one 

Mitch marsh aka come back kid . Surely be last few games for Aussie ( and you guys moan about Rohit)

cook all out of sync with his 1000 movements before hitting ball . Walking wicket 

kahawja and moeeen Ali to have brother love time . O we are so victimised !!!

Clouderson to suck with no clouds and not being able to bowl without knee length grass

root disgusting record in oz to improve slightly but still be waaaay behind king kohli record in oz . But those cheeky English still to harp on about that one series kohli has in eng but never mention roots awful record in oz ! Funny that 

fat renshaw to make heroic comeback when play india . All forgiven matt , you can be new Marsh , king of come backs 

broad to score a 50 . And brave come back after famously nearly being killed by India express bowler Aaron ( can you imagine if pak bower did that would be hyped to 600 mph ball and constantly refereed to by paks)

aussies win poor quality series . 

Ps who cares . India v South Africa is the real clash . Dammn you bcci scheduling Sri Lanka series 

Edited by King Tendulkar

Rooting for neither in particular. Usually I root for the underdog, but in this case it's not clear who's the underdog to start with.

Like to see a good contest.

Hopefully, the pitches are result oriented and not pattas, and it goes to the last test with the series still up for grabs.

I'd like the English to win. The Aussies are so arrogant, the way Smith, Maxwell were behaving when they came to India was deplorable. Wish they get a phainty like they received against SA in their home.

But I feel Aussies will win 3-1.

Also, I think Steve Smith will have a great Ashes series. He is already no.1 test batsman with 936 rating points. A few more centuries, he might only be behind Sir Bradman in highest test rating points ever.

Edited by Turning_track