Do we need to witness *this pos* SL team do a Historic First Ever win on Indian soil?

fineleg

Actually we don't have much time left in the match to force a result for Indian victory unless we get a heap of wickets on the 4th morning. If Sri Lanka can survive up to an hour in the post-lunch session with a lead of 100 runs, it is curtains for Indian victory. However, India can likely pull a draw by scoring a 350ish in second innings by the tea of day 5 and bat Sri Lanka out of the match. 

Edited by sarcastic
3 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I am surprised by this stat. Really tough to beleive they could not even win one test match in India with Mahela, Sanga, Murali. Shows how bad the remaining players must have performed on their tours over here.

I think Murali record in India is as bad as herath and he averages something like 47

8 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Haven't checked Muralis stats in India. But yes , if that is 47 in India, then it is bad. Certainly not fits for the world class bowler he was. But then even Warnie struggled against us. 

Irony is that some lallus like Udal, Panesar, Price, O Keefe have shocked us here but the 2 GOAT contenders  Murali and Warne both struggled. 

Edited by Gollum
Just now, Gollum said:

Irony is that some lallus like Udal, Panesar, Price, O Keefe have shocked us here but the 2 GOAT contenders  Murali and Warne struggled. 

Michael Clarke took 6 for 9 at Mumbai. Udal too bowled some career best spells he has ever bowled.

Monty and Swann bowled the most superb bowling spells in tandem in India in 2011.

It happens with almost every batsman or bowler that there will be one or couple of countries where they are below average even though they have been exceptional players.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Not happening, we will at worst win 2-1 or 1-0. I am more inclined towards 2-0. 

2-1 means SL has one test win. That's what we are talking about here. So far, in history, SL has not won a single Test match in India. It will be historical if that ever happens in this series.

Edited by fineleg
22 minutes ago, fineleg said:

2-1 means SL has one test win. That's what we are talking about here. So far, in history, SL has not won a single Test match in India. It will be historical if that ever happens in this series.

Sorry I misread it as series win for Lanka.  

12 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

I am surprised by this stat. Really tough to beleive they could not even win one test match in India with Mahela, Sanga, Murali. Shows how bad the remaining players must have performed on their tours over here.

even Sanga, Mahela, murli did not perform