Pool of seamers for away series

bhakum20

Ind-SL at Eden gardens has proven to be a good wake up call in terms of who our pacers should be for the important away tours. Are there any players that are worth being drafted from state-level?

Pool:

Shami

Bhuvi

Umesh

Ishant

Pandya

Bumrah

Re: Umesh, if you look at his stats they’re similar to Ishant. Ishant has terrible stats by being ‘unlucky’, and Yadav by being ‘brainless’, so not much difference between the two. If we can support Ishant for 10 years, we can give maybe another year to Umesh to sort out his stuff. Maybe needs to go to county to hone his skills.

Bumrah is the wild card, I’m not sure why the management/captain hasn’t selected him for any tests; his first class record looks great so there’s no reason why he can’t be a “test-level” bowler.

So which state-level bowler is a possible draft to the test side?

6 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

So which state-level bowler is a possible draft to the test side?

Watched Sudeep Tyagi yesterday, who was looking good. He returned after a long time and is doing well. I won’t mind seeing him even though its too early but I wish they can try someone like Sudeep Tyagi in the 2nd test.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

My starting bowlers are Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah. 

Ishant should go as back up, thats about it.

Untill then, let him toil hard in Ranji where he is doing well right now. 

TBH I don’t think toiling hard in ranji improves his game at all. At best it keeps him match fit.

Heard some good things about sudip tyagi in the ranji thread but he’s already 30 so doubt if he will be drafted now.

1 minute ago, bhakum20 said:

TBH I don’t think toiling hard in ranji improves his game at all. At best it keeps him match fit.

Heard some good things about sudip tyagi in the ranji thread but he’s already 30 so doubt if he will be drafted now.

Ya but every tour we take Ishant and then we curse him badly. Its fine to have him around but not play him right now and just take him as back up for south african tour like I mentioned above.

Tyagi is 28, and still not too old. Age of 30 btw, isn’t too old if a bowler is bowling well. Even if he can give 2-3 years, then its fine. 

5 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Shami, Bhuvi, Umesh and Bumrah should go. Probably the bowling coach should do something about Umesh. He needs to get his bowling sorted out.

Bowling coach needs to come down hard on him, how can you not bowl accurately after all these years. If I had his raw talent I would work my ass off to become the best

18 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Shami, Bhuvi, Umesh and Bumrah should go. Probably the bowling coach should do something about Umesh. He needs to get his bowling sorted out.

how long are we going to say this thing about Umesh. He is just too unreliable to be played.   

Edited by rkt.india

even club bowlers bowl far more accurately than him. I am really upset since i saw that pitch map of him today morning. nothing in good length on this pitch, either short or full. he just ruined everything after they were 201/7. I bet Bumrah would have wreaked havoc on this pitch.

Edited by rkt.india