A half century of centuries for VK

Hopefully no one breaks SRT's record, certainly not the FTB brat who even in peak form isn't half the batsman a 19 year old baby Tendulkar was. Kohli breaking Sachin's 100 100s record will be abominable. I wish Kohli a great career, hopefully he leads us to be an ATG side and all that, but some records are sacrosanct. 

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

That 100 hundreds is a meaning less stat. Kohli I really hope is not bothered by these mundane individual records.He along with his team mates should be more bothered about rectifying the pathetic overseas team records set by their selfish predecessors. 

If this side has an overseas run like we had in 2007-10 they ought to be commended. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

If this side has an overseas run like we had in 2007-10 they ought to be commended. 

What overseas run did we have , they barely won a series against England (thanks to Bucknor)  and NZ when they should have trounced them. Entirely due to meekness of our batsmen. 

The most overrated batsmen are fab four in history of cricket and I sincerely hope Kohli is above chasing those useless records which guy like sachin did, putting himself above the team needs.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That 100 hundreds is a meaning less stat. Kohli I really hope is not bothered by these mundane individual records.He along with his team mates should be more bothered about rectifying the pathetic overseas team records set by their selfish predecessors. 

The selfish predecessors won series in NZ/ENG and drew in AUS/SA. Kohli will be hailed as Napoleon if he matches these achievements as captain.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What overseas run did we have , they barely won a series against England (thanks to Bucknor)  and NZ when they should have trounced them. Entirely due to meekness of our batsmen. 

The most overrated batsmen are fab four in history of cricket and I sincerely hope Kohli is above chasing those useless records which guy like sachin did, putting himself above the team needs.

To be frank, we should have won one more test in England if it wasnt for defensive captaincy and one more in NZ in 2009 if kaptaan cool didnt wait for 600 runs lead. And we came awfully close to winning both series in South Africa in 2006 and 2010. 2006 we would have won had Sachin and Dravid showed more urgency in the 3rd innings. And 2010, we could have won had Dhoni not stopped Sreesanth for no reason. And we were also robbed in Sydney in 2007. We could have won the series. 

Edited by Laaloo
1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

To be frank, we should have won one more test in England if it wasnt for defensive captaincy and one more in NZ in 2009 if kaptaan cool didnt wait for 600 runs lead.

That was our strongest team in our history and one of their weakest teams for both teams and yet they played so meekly that it was a disgrace.You cannot put the blame entirely on Dhoni for delayed declaration he had all his seniors in the team if they wanted to win the test they would have declared earlier.

The fab four lost so many overseas series, it is a joke that they are some how portrayed as winners. They and Aussies team of their era had similar stats but Aussies never wilted under pressure like our maharathis.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

But same Bucknor also denied us a series win in Australia applying your logic. We beat NZ and drew a terrific series against a brilliant SA unit. We didn't trounce Eng and NZ because of meekness of our captains, batsmen had nothing to do with it. 

I sincerely hope Kohli doesn't make a fool out of himself next year in UK and at least strives to finish the series with a better batting average than Shami and Umesh. He is the worst visiting batsman to UK in the entire history of the game, even no 11 batsmen haven't made themselves look as bad with the bat as the great FTB King. Fab 4 over rated LOL....each of them has at least 6 test innings better than Kohli's best atm and 18 year old baby Tendulkar was twice the batsman kuptaan saheb is ever going to be. 

Amazing disrespect towards Fab 4 here. Because of Fab 4 we went toe to toe with possibly among the top 2 greatest ever cricketing teams for over a decade (1996-2008). Our H2H against that Aussie team in that time period reads 10-10. no team has such a record against either Aus (1996-2008) or Windies of 1976-1992. The main reason for that record was our batting line up which stood up against the best, our bowling was outclassed by Aussies in that period by a very wide margin. That rivalry between the 2 sides is in my mind the greatest cricketing rivalry since I started watching cricket. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

But same Bucknor also denied us a series win in Australia applying your logic. We beat NZ and drew a terrific series against a brilliant SA unit. We didn't trounce Eng and NZ because of meekness of our captains, batsmen had nothing to do with it. 

I sincerely hope Kohli doesn't make a fool out of himself next year in UK and at least strives to finish the series with a better batting average than Shami and Umesh. He is the worst visiting batsman to UK in the entire history of the game, even no 11 batsmen haven't made themselves look as bad with the bat as the great FTB King. Fab 4 over rated LOL....each of them has at least 6 test innings better than Kohli's best atm and 18 year old baby Tendulkar was twice the batsman kuptaan saheb is ever going to be. 

:hysterical: A 17 year old SRT scored more runs in this Test in a match-saving cause than what Kohli managed in an entire 5 match series in England. Baat karte hain.

With the pitches these days in Odi’s especially easily will get another 25 100s in the course of his career.

Also I am sure we will play atleast a couple or more  test series against Zim,Bangla,Afghanistan,Wi ,Srilanka and Ireland at some point in his career...add another 10-12 100’s.

Still doesn’t have a T20 100 weirdly enough despite being one of the greatest T20 players of all time...so 2 T20 100s before he calls it a day.

so all he needs is a couple of purple patch series he had in Australia and he will knock of the remaining 100s.

Looking on course.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

:hysterical: A 17 year old SRT scored more runs in this Test in a match-saving cause than what Kohli managed in an entire 5 match series in England. Baat karte hain.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I knew baby maestro got a ton there but now I see that was more than brat's combined aggregate over 10 innings in UK. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Incidentally even Anderson (England's no 11) outscored the great Kohli in that series averaging twice as much....some great batsman this Kohli is !!!!!

Just now, Shaz1 said:

He’s lucky to have batted on easy wickets.

Most of the cricket fans are fickle dude. 10 years from now when ODI par scores become 500, some random dude will score 50 tons in 4 years and same fans will say 'Kohli kaun?' There is an appalling lack of common sense and knowledge of the history of the game among fans worldwide. 

30 minutes ago, Gollum said:

See as fan of team you can understand losses when the team is young, Sachin and co lost horribly in SA in 1996 and Australia in 1999, they lost every where they played except in India. The same middle order was there for more than 15 years and they got to tour the same countries over and over again and yet they came up short most of the time.

You cannot expect first time tourists which fast  bowlers were most of the time to win matches when batsmen who have been fixtures and icons of this team kept coming short tour after tour and not even providing basic totals for the bowlers to defend in many cases.

Kohli is not in the same league as Sachin as a batsman but has shown atleast in my book guy playing for the team rather than for himself.That characteristic alone is enough to overcome the gulf in talent.

One more thing I like about Kohli is if he is in form he will not disappear after one match.Kohli has won more overseas matches as a captain for a reason.

Edited by putrevus