Ankit_sharma03

Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shikhar Dhawan have been released from India's Test team .Vijay Shankar named Bhuvneshwar's replacement

Great to see Shankar being tried, good to see selector recognizing him. This just increases competition for Pandya and will only push him to do better. We need need such competitions among players.

Another one I can think of is Ishan Kishan and Pant competing for keeping spot for any format.

My team for next test

Vijay

Rahul

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Shankar

Saha

Kuldeep

Yadav

Shami

Ishant

I will give Kuldeep a test right now and sit out Jadeja and Ashwin. If we don’t try Kuldeep now, he might not play a test for a while as I honestly don’t see him getting selected in South Africa ahead of Ashwin and Jadeja. We will also get to see how he does on a green top. 

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Have no idea about this Shankar guy? Is he a medium pacer plus batsman?

His bowling is okay, nothing special but he is a quality batsman, way better than Pandya for test cricket. He is a medium pacer who can improve as he is still very young. Competitiom to play for all rounder spot will push him to improve his bowling.

What is the status of Rohit’s fast bowling practice sessions? With his natural wrists and shoulder size he can be deceptively quick like Kallis I think. With being a off spin prodigy In swing /off cutters should be an inherent gift.

And being one of the highest 6 hitters for India in recent times he can be our Gilchrist at No.6.

We really have a Gilchrist+Kallis waiting in the wings :yay:

Edited by maniac

2 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

His bowling IMO will be good enough overseas for a batting all rounder.

Yes I agree, especially on green tracks also can create some healthy competition for allrounders slot, I like that guy can hit big when needed too

They will play with 3 pacers and a spinner if both wickets are green tops..no point playing 5 bowlers on green tops coz innings gets over under 90 overs most of time. 

Edited by PSB_Zone

Don't want ishant to be in the playing next test.Why not draft Bumrah and let him play in place of Bhuvi and see what he got how will he prove himself in tests if he does not get any chance to play.

Shankar was not needed Bumrah for Shankar would have been better choice.

Well, going by management's track record, V. Shankar will warm the benches for Test2 and 3?

Ishant Sharma will replace Bhuvi and not sure if there is space for V.Shankar - who will he replace? (Cannot replace Bhuvi since V.S. is not a bowler).

7 minutes ago, New guy said:

So guessing they are saving Bhuvi for the overseas tours? This is pretty good we are trying new comers and Umesh will get more chances

MTC -

No Bhuvi is saved for his honeymoon. Wedding this week for Bhuvi. But yes, blessing in disguise to try others and save him for SA.

Edited by fineleg

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Oh ok....didn’t know that...feel like a jerk now...good luck to mrs.Dhawan

Good on you to own up.   Gabbar may be a hack and a batsman with limited ability to handle seam and swing, but you can never question the guy's commitment or work ethic.   That's just facts.   In fact, its his fighting spirit and hard work that he has achieved what he has, in tests and ODIs, given the limitations of his technique.  

I know its just a cricket forum, and people get carried away sometimes just to make a point, but this is a good example of how unchecked vitriol and "banter" can end up going wrong.  

15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Good on you to own up.   Gabbar may be a hack and a batsman with limited ability to handle seam and swing, but you can never question the guy's commitment or work ethic.   That's just facts.   In fact, its his fighting spirit and hard work that he has achieved what he has, in tests and ODIs, given the limitations of his technique.  

I know its just a cricket forum, and people get carried away sometimes just to make a point, but this is a good example of how unchecked vitriol and "banter" can end up going wrong.  

Dude that is real over the top...I never try to be  mean spirited and that is exactly why I immediately corrected it when you pointed out the reason for which even you had only half the story.....other wise the jibe was directed at his cricketing ability....stop over reacting 

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Have no idea about this Shankar guy? Is he a medium pacer plus batsman?

Shankar is a good BATSMEN with technique n can also switch gears, I rate him as a batter, also a good seamer although he bowls around 130 in Ranji, I expect him to bowl quicker in int cricket n he can move the ball n get bounce is tallish, I would give him a long run.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Vijay shankar bowling can be helpful on green mambas and his batting wud add depth

This is tremendous news...

Virat and Ravi are truly clever- to beat Lanka which is kind of a ONE PACE bowler team is definite, even today had there been 5 more overs, we would have WON. IShant,Umesh,Shammi will be more than enough for Lanka.

another two tests of green pitch practice is going to ensure that the team has enough Green Practice before playing the first test against AFRICA.

Indian coaches have never been so smart- Ravi is a CLEVER fox, indian batsman are talented and as soon as they practice well they will perform in africa..clever decision which is going to pay true dividends.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Yes I agree, especially on green tracks also can create some healthy competition for allrounders slot, I like that guy can hit big when needed too

Vijay Shankar's batting is TREMENDOUS. i have seen him bat...i think he will replace kedar jadhav in ODI's soon as he is more steady as a batsman than hardik Pandya...i mean vijay has a better defence.

i have not seem him bowl much , just saw one over on tv which was not too Impressive, i think he was 125k to 130K but he was trying bouncers...

Just now, Temujin Khaghan said:

sorry Dhoni fans

I don't mean to stab your hero and our ex captain in the back

but this is exactly what was missing in Dhoni's reign - PROACTIVENESS and PLANNING...

under Dhoni a test series against England would be a month away after the IPL and there would be no Planning whatsoever...

everyone including Dhoni would be enjoying their post IPL vacation...

roast me, but honest thought. 

Planning would mean to actually go to that country ahead of time and get acclimated to the conditions...not try to manufacture those conditions at home or even worse play against Srilanka....BCCI is run by some idiots when it comes to cricket even though they know how to make the $$$$.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Planning would mean to actually go to that country ahead of time and get acclimated to the conditions...not try to manufacture those conditions at home or even worse play against Srilanka....BCCI is run by some idiots when it comes to cricket even though they know how to make the $$$$.

we played the first game without any match practice .. 

they scheduled only one 3day match before the first test and it got rained and the cunnign strauss & co even let us to get proper batting 

but hey @maniac , we won the IPL 2011 and then we toured england ..  :dance:

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

not in Kohli's hands

he can shoot if given a gun but when given a sword he can only stab

1 hour ago, maniac said:

The relations we have, If it was upto BCCI, they will hire a supersonic Concorde+ for daily commute of players from India to South Africa

1 hour ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

not in Kohli's hands

he can shoot if given a gun but when given a sword he can only stab

Lol. Ionly thing in his hand to change coach and create political crisis or plot selection of his mates

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Guest, sign in to access all features.