Playing 11 for Test 2

fineleg

Whats your playing 11 for Test 2?

Does Kuldeep Yadav get a look in? (Who sits out? Ashwin or Jaddu?)

What about Vijay Shankar? Or Ishant Sharma ? Umesh Yadav I think should continue?

M. Vijay opens? (I guess he will have to due to SD having to opt out)

Edited by fineleg
28 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I dont get the Ishant selection,have the selectors seen him bowl recently? he was rubbish against mumbai was was tonked hard by a  17 year old.how he is a automatic selection in the squad is a real mystery.

Because he's actually done pretty well as the 3rd seamer away from home for  the past 2 years.  Go check his stats.  And is doing well in Ranji.  And is pretty much the 1st choice after the top 3.  Its not like we want to see a Shardul etc in there instead of him.  

Bottomline - Ishant is a horrible choice as a lead seamer or opening bowler, but a handy 3rd seamer, in spite of his long history of disappointing performances.  Guys need to evaluate players on what they are today, not how disappointing they have been in the past.   This is why so many on ICF took so long to come around on Bhuvi - even if his improvement and effectiveness were consistently visible for all to see.  

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Keep playing Ashwin n Umesh, the more they play the more better they get 

Umesh didnt bowl well last yr against NZ but by the end of the season he was the best fast bowler 

Yep.  Pretty much swap Mewli in for Shikhar, Ishant for Bhuvi.   Maybe flirt with the idea of Kuldeep for a few seconds, but then put that aside.   Shankar can be 12th man, and showcase his abilities in the national team nets.   The only way he makes it to the SA squad is if he's deemed to bring as much batting to the table as tailunt.  And given VK's love for tailunt, that's extremely unlikely.